2015 Extra Point rules?

afdave

Has anyone modified a ROM to change to the 2015 extra point rules (I would have thought the 2016 Tecmo2016_revD.nes ROM might have done that, but, it doesn't appear so).

This page seems to show where it would be changed:

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/53112-many-various-rom-locations/

If I am reading the location right , that would be the beginning of line 9323 of the .nes file.... 

aa92 20bb 92a9 0085 7885 79a9 1485 70a9

aa92 and 92a9 being the low & hi bytes for player 1?

I don't see much explanation though of how to adjust that.... is there another page that goes into what the position scale is when changing things for yard lines?

IMO, using the new 15 yard line extra point vs. the traditional 2 point is a good change to TSB.... it takes away the "automatic"-ness of the extra point where you can/should just press your button right away since you can hardly miss a XP from the 2 yard line.   Would be even better with the 2-pt conv. option, but, just changing this is pretty good start.

Until a working 2 point conversion hack is implemented (and logic for the COM on when to use it is written, which is probably a herculean task), then I think that moving the XP kick back to the 15 yard line is a bad idea.  It would create too many cheap wins for the player in MAN vs. COM games, since human players can actually aim their kicks and the COM doesn't aim at all (the arrow stops randomly).