Coming Soon! 1970 to 1977 Roms

Carther

Coming Soon!  Carther's TSB roms from 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976 and 1977.  

1970 is about 95% done, simming perfect, game play awesome, only graphical details to go.

I was going to do them in order, but I am too hyped to be able to give you the worst team in nfl history

the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, whose coach John Robinson when asked "What do you think of your

team's execution." said, "I'm in favor of it."  

I am not a good tecmo player in any remote definition of the word.   However I played in preseason mode as the 1969 Dallas

Cowboys against the 76 Buccs and won 70-0.   I then played as the QB Steve Spurrier led Buccs and only managed to lose

45-3 still in preseason mode.  

So next will be 1976 and then probably back to 1971.   When I am finished you will be able to use my roms to play from

Super Bowl I (1966) to Super Bowl XII (1977) the last year of having only 14 games in the regular season and only

4 AFC and 4 NFC teams make the playoffs.  

I don't know if I will ever do 1978+ (actually I have teams done for 1979 already) but 1966 - 1977 completes a nice era.

After that you have 1978-1989 the 28 team, 16 games season, 5 playoff teams per conference era.   

Anyway.   Look for these roms to be coming soon.

Edited by Carther

Coming Soon!  Carther's TSB roms from 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976 and 1977.  

1970 is about 95% done, simming perfect, game play awesome, only graphical details to go.

I was going to do them in order, but I am too hyped to be able to give you the worst team in nfl history

the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, whose coach John Robinson when asked "What do you think of your

team's execution." said, "I'm in favor of it."  

I am not a good tecmo player in any remote definition of the word.   However I played in preseason mode as the 1969 Dallas

Cowboys against the 76 Buccs and won 70-0.   I then played as the QB Steve Spurrier led Buccs and only managed to lose

45-3 still in preseason mode.  

So next will be 1976 and then probably back to 1971.   When I am finished you will be able to use my roms to play from

Super Bowl I (1966) to Super Bowl XII (1977) the last year of only having only 14 games in the regular season and only

4 AFC and 4 NFC teams make the playoffs.  

I don't know if I will ever do 1978+ (actually I have teams done for 1979 already) but 1966 - 1977 completes a nice era.

After that you have 1978-1989 the 28 team, 16 games season, 5 playoff teams per conference era.   

Anyway.   Look for these roms to be coming soon.

Nice, and welcome back!

• 3 weeks later...

I just entered the data for the 76 Steelers tonight.  Their defense is just crazy, only 8 of the starters made the pro bowl that year.  Played as the Buccs against the Steelers.  Made a field goal with 30 sec left to avoid the shut out, for a final of pit-70 tb -3.  Spurrier was awesome for the Buccs 25% for 65yrs and 3int  also fumbled 2x in the end zone both of which were re covered for tds by Steelers.

1976 was Bert Jone's best year and the rom I am most looking forward to.

Although all of these will be awesome. 70-77.

I have been playing your 1968 and 1969 rom a bunch.

I would love for you to share your rating template as these play great.

Any idea when you will release one or more of these roms.

Edited by CoachMac

The 1970 season Rom is almost ready.  I still have to do some research on the race of some of the players.  I also need someone to help with two of the helmets.  I can create t h e helmets I want in the helmet editor  but then it erases all facemask for the big helmets.  Can anyone help? If not I will have to release 1970 without the new helmets for the Skins aand Eagles. REDSKINS1

Awesome!

I find myself checking this forum like I would my stocking on Christmas morning.

I am starting to figure out some of how you do your ratings.  Like MS for rushing leaders.

I would love to see your template and anxiously awaiting these roms.

Custom Midfield Logo? or will you just use the NFL as the AFL is gone.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the game play down for the 1976 season.   Wow the steelers had 9 pro bowl starters on defense including the entire secondary.   I  played a test season as the 1976 buccs.  I am not an elite level tecmo player but I do usually make the playoffs and win the superbowl on the origianal cart.   I haven't played the playoffs yet, but will do soon.

1976 Buccaneers Season:

Game 1 - a close game before Houston pulled away for a 35-21 win.

Game 2  - was dominated by Bucc turnovers and SD won 35-14.

Game 3 - The Buccs were run over by OJ Simpson for a 28-14 loss

Game 4 - A really good Colts team dropped the buccs to 0-4 by a 49-27 score

Game 5 - Boobie Clark gave Cincinnati a 14-10 victory over the buccs on the last play.

Game 6 -  The Buccs called the first two Seahawk plays and got a safety.  After that they pulled out their only win of the season 23-21.

Game 7 - Miami 28-26 over the Buccs..  so close.

Game 8 - The Chiefs outlased the Buccs 31-21.

Game 9 - started a bad run for the Buccs - Denver scored 22 unaswered points in the

final quarter to pull away 36-14.

Game 10 - the Jets beat down the Buccs 30-14

Game 11 - The Browns rolled the Buccs 51-14

Game 12 - The Raiders  destroyed the Buccs 47-14

Game 13 - The Steelers D- Shut out the Buccs 46-0.

Game 14 - Looking for one last win the Buccs went all out and lost to the Steve Grogan led Patriots 58-21.

Final Season Record :   Tampa Bay 1-Win 13-Loss  233-PF  509-PA

Yet I still may make the rating a little worse for the Buccs, I want this to be the most

challenging team to play a season with ever.  Spurrier threw for 42% Completion for the season.

The Playoff teams for the 1976 Playoffs.

Pittsburgh Steelers (10-4) at Baltimore Colts (12-2)

Denver Broncos (wc) (11-3) at Oakland Raiders (11-3)

Minnesota Vikings (10-4) at San Francisco 49ers (11-3)

Washington Redskins (wc) (10-4) at Dallas Cowboys (10-4)

Now on to the graphic portion of editing.   Helmets not my favorite.  If anyone wants to help it would be greatly appreciated.

What can I do to help you?

I am clueless on the helmet and graphic editing.

But will try, I work with TM quite a bit editing NHL 94 but have not figured out TSB graphics in TM.

I know of a 70 and 72 rom that have nice helmets and the teams in proper divisions.

Your helmets are the best though.

These roms (66-69) are amazing.

I still do not quite get how you are rating OL and defense.

You say as a group but in 69 Minnesota had the #1 OFF and #1 DEF.

The OL does not look that good.

I have figured out what you are doing with skill positions.

Anyway the roms play and look fantastic.

I think 75, 76 and 77 will be my favorites.

Bert Jones 3 best years.

3 hours ago, Carther said:

Now on to the graphic portion of editing.   Helmets not my favorite.  If anyone wants to help it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm assuming you need logos drawn?  I've done helmet editing (big and small), so maybe I can help.  Tell me which ones you need and I'll draw one up.  If you like it, I'll do more for you.  If you need something else, I'll see what I can do.

Edited by adscl84

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are you guys going to relocate the field goal posts so that they are positioned at the front of the end zone? This was a pre 1974 rule, if I'm not mistaken. Also, there was no overtime period in regular season games. Is that another thing you'll be implementing, too?

Edited by fgqb#19nyj

• 1 month later...