Sign in to follow this  
davefmurray

Tecmo XII Stream - Info + More

On 1/8/2016 at 10:53 AM, qb_browns said:

This tournament will probably skew slightly smaller than the previous ones, we know the layout and the potential issues with streaming, and we should have a better feel for making sure that those opening matchups for the "top tier" guys are present instead of wondering which random guy isn't going to show up this year. 

Well....

@Neerrm 

Check this video: 

This is NES RGB -> SCART upscaler -> capture card and I have this jittery video. Is this a frequency thing? A cable thing? Any thoughts?

Got it sorted. Upscaler + Sync issue.

Edited by davefmurray

Hmm. Colors look a bit on the red side, looks like you played with it during stream. There's noticeable audio buzz too (probably not an issue going into the event cause there will be people talking.) Biggest issue though I think is a bit of audio desync. Not sure if that's your connection and you're dropping frames or if that's a capture issue.

15 hours ago, Neerrm said:

Hmm. Colors look a bit on the red side, looks like you played with it during stream. There's noticeable audio buzz too (probably not an issue going into the event cause there will be people talking.) Biggest issue though I think is a bit of audio desync. Not sure if that's your connection and you're dropping frames or if that's a capture issue.

Yea, got it sorted. It is my composite break-out box. I am starting to get loopy as to how this will all fit together... I need another breakout box or way to split a video signal.

On the plus side, this arrived today :D

18db15a4fa.png

would it be possible for me to stream as well? I know streaming takes up all of bandwidth and I would only stream if I doesn't affect the main stream. Worst case I could just record via OBS, Or could just not stream or record and drink my Tecmo sorrows away after I get eliminated from the contention.

1 hour ago, suicideking81 said:

would it be possible for me to stream as well? I know streaming takes up all of bandwidth and I would only stream if I doesn't affect the main stream. Worst case I could just record via OBS, Or could just not stream or record and drink my Tecmo sorrows away after I get eliminated from the contention.

Streaming is not allowed.

You will need to clear any recordings with the tournament directors as this is a high stakes tournament. Changes in equipment are usually not allowed either.

I didn't know there was a rule against recording or stream.

I'm not sure what changes I would do to equipment either.

But message received, I'll just enjoy the full Madison experience along with everyone else.

10 minutes ago, suicideking81 said:

I didn't know there was a rule against recording or stream.

I'm not sure what changes I would do to equipment either.

You are unplugging connections, re-routing them and re-making connections. You will be making changes to the system(s) and television(s). @qb_browns will have the final say if you can make recordings or not. I would assume you need permission from the tournament director and each of your opponents.

no worries. I just dont want to stream or record if I'm not allowed to do so. I totally understand.

not recording or streaming gives me freedom to fully enjoy the Madison experience especially with it being my first trip to attend.

29 minutes ago, suicideking81 said:

no worries. I just dont want to stream or record if I'm not allowed to do so. I totally understand.

not recording or streaming gives me freedom to fully enjoy the Madison experience especially with it being my first trip to attend.

That is the best bet. 

We had some issues with other players in previous (pre-Tecmo X I believe) recording games and causing some malfunctions across multiple systems. We decided to lock everything down from that point forward. 

On 1/14/2016 at 4:27 PM, qb_browns said:

Probably not :???:

How does this tentative schedule sound for the blank space:

1. Juice Off SemiFinals best of 5 10-15 minutes

2. Juice Off Finals best of 7 10 minutes

3. Leif Powers Interview 10-15 minutes

4. Recap of the day, announcement of round of 64 matchups preview the upcoming game on the stream 10 minutes

That gets us to 40 minutes. Plus putting the Juice Off semis and finals as a distraction will allow me to get the round of 64 board filled out and announced. 

@qb_browns @davefmurray Did we ever decide if the juice-off is a go, and when/where?