Madison, WI - 02/20/16 - Tecmo XII: There's Something About Barry

sonofpatbeach

This is sad, very sad.

After making this tournament the last two years and having a blast, I'm not going to be able to make it this year.

I'm glad the early date works for many others, but unfortunately not for me this year despite the organizers early communication of the change.

I'm hoping that this is just a one year abscence, because I certainly want to be a part of this event for as long as it lasts.

Good luck to everyone and have an ice cold Spotted Cow for me!

3 hours ago, vikingmoe02 said:

This is sad, very sad.

After making this tournament the last two years and having a blast, I'm not going to be able to make it this year.

I'm glad the early date works for many others, but unfortunately not for me this year despite the organizers early communication of the change.

I'm hoping that this is just a one year abscence, because I certainly want to be a part of this event for as long as it lasts.

Good luck to everyone and have an ice cold Spotted Cow for me!

Major bummer. Sorry the date didn't work out. It always sucks when an Elite 8 player can't return the next year to see if they can make the run again.

Edited by sonofpatbeach

22 hours ago, Jimmy1996 said:

The southern Tecmo legend "Pookie Pookums" to make first Madison appearance this year! Aka Luke aka "Milibutt" due-to his blazing fast button taping ability.  Pookums will make the bracket if he shows!

Pookie Pookums is a myth!!!! No legend. Seeing is believing. Pookie Pookums has avoided me for years down here so I doubt he shows for up for Madison for an epic beat down by me.

6 hours ago, Jimmy1996 said:

Pookie Pookums is clearly the best player in the south. Period end of discussion Suicideking! Definitely the fastest tapper too!

To be considered the best you have to ACTUALLY PLAY!!!! I mean I too can outtap the CPU when playing Tecmo but it doesn't mean I'm the greatest tapper ever. Pookie Pookums WILL NOT show up to Madison PERIOD Ashman or Jimmy or who ever the hell you claim to be. :)

5 hours ago, suicideking81 said:

To be considered the best you have to ACTUALLY PLAY!!!! I mean I too can outtap the CPU when playing Tecmo but it doesn't mean I'm the greatest tapper ever. Pookie Pookums WILL NOT show up to Madison PERIOD Ashman or Jimmy or who ever the hell you claim to be. :)

Pookie is the Fro30 of the south. Lots of talk, but not in the room when the greats collide with Tecmo immortality at stake.

So I won my fantasy football championship today and my winnings will fully cover my Tecmo XII trip.

I'd like to thank Kirk Cousins for his 40 pt showing which propelled me to the win.

YES!!! I LIKE THAT!!!!!

Edited by suicideking81

On 11/12/2015 at 11:51 AM, Knobbe said:

As far as I know this year's theme is Tecmo Madison XII: The Bailey Rodcast produced by DFM

We're definitely going to need some gold jackets to rock during the pre-game show this year. 

booth_zpsqj4dsxfo.jpg

Edited by qb_browns
double pic uploaded

Ok. I'm booked at the Super 8 South (i'll be there on thursday night as i'm on vacation that week b4 madison) . I'm down for any tecmo tournament and/or meetup the weekend b4 madison tourney. I'll throw that out there.  D.t. from buffalo is coming. Mort is about a 50/50 shot to make the tournament from what i hear and would only have time to get there on saturday. By the way he lives in chicago now.

Edited by red98sethuthut

18 hours ago, red98sethuthut said:

Mort is about a 50/50 shot to make the tournament from what i hear and would only have time to get there on saturday. By the way he lives in chicago now.

Can you confirm whether he's become a ship captain on Lake Michigan, and throws scofflaws overboard? A man hears rumors. #MortRumors

8 hours ago, Jebigred said:

jebigred is all signed up and ready to test out my tecmo skills with the best players on earth!!!!!!!

God Bless Tecmo!!!!!!!

Awesome. Your live tourney debut at Tomczak Bowl VIII was most impressive.

For anyone to look at but posting for the madison guys as a TOOL to help with seeding. Simple iterative power rankings based on strength of schedule and point differential. There is a sheet for tecmo madison 8,9,10,11, There is also 2 year and 3 year combined rankings. 

The

PF = raw points for / game

PA = raw points against / game

DIF = raw point differential/ game

SOS= iterated strength of schedule

PWR= DIF + SOS

In the multi year

GP = games played

TOT = games played * power

The reasoning behind total is that one tourney is a tiny sample of games in some cases where half the games are against the scrubs of the tourney. TOTAL tries to balance adjusted point differential with the number of games played. Larger number of games played = greater confidence in the PWR number. The other problem is that since this spans over years too large of a sample doesn't take into account an improving player. 

The tide has risen for the middle pack of players (75-175) as the field has grown from 175 to an almost full 256. 

de623dd7b6.pngmadison_power_8_9_10_11_multi.xlsx