Madison, WI - 02/20/16 - Tecmo XII: There's Something About Barry

sonofpatbeach

43 minutes ago, Jebigred said:

So is it sad that I am sitting around all day checking the website every 5 minutes to see if the groups have been released yet?

I have one tab refreshing the forum every 5-10 minutes, and another refreshing tecmomadison.com just in case anything has been posted. The anticipation burns....

66044434.jpg

14 hours ago, Dotdon said:

Damn Nickabc, your group though   8O

Meh.  Groups will change drastically I imagine due to dropouts, El Nino, Locust, play-in winners, migratory bird patterns, and the condition of Al Toon.  Whatever group I'm in when I show up on Saturday is where I play.    It's such a beautiful sight though, it means we're 9-10 days away from the best event in all of Video Gaming and I've got a golden ticket.  When I lose (likely badly) in group play, I will still have a wonderful time talking tecmo and drinking heavily with an amazing group of people.

1 hour ago, Knobbe said:

Not sure whether or not to feel sorry or lucky for the poor SOBs who are in the group with Orenga, Moskwa and Beef Juice. If there is a table for early round TV, this is it.

I've got 3 buddies coming w/me popping their Madison cherries.  One is in this group, and another is in the group with Toolie/Flo/Barry/NickABC.  Couldn't have given them a better experience if I tried.

48 minutes ago, Dotdon said:

I've got 3 buddies coming w/me popping their Madison cherries.  One is in this group, and another is in the group with Toolie/Flo/Barry/NickABC.  Couldn't have given them a better experience if I tried.

I'm not in the Toolie/Flo/Barry group, I'm from IA for what it's worth.  Still pumped for this though

53 minutes ago, holzy11 said:

I'm going to break precedent here and reveal that yes, for the 5th year running, Flo was the #1 overall seed. Good luck Group 26!

In unrelated news, we're happy to report that there will be an ESPN presence at this tournament. As of now, they're sending only a writer, but hopefully the mothership will course-correct and send a camera crew. Who wouldn't want to see Mort perform cunnilingus on a cartridge again?

Yes, I can't believe a JJ is going to make the Sportscenter Top 10.  Just rewatched the NFL Films doc to mentally prepare and had forgotten about the Mort oral sex scene until it happened.  Then vomited.

11 minutes ago, Dotdon said:

Yes, I can't believe a JJ is going to make the Sportscenter Top 10.  Just rewatched the NFL Films doc to mentally prepare and had forgotten about the Mort oral sex scene until it happened.  Then vomited.

mort.png