Madison, WI - 02/20/16 - Tecmo XII: There's Something About Barry

sonofpatbeach

1 hour ago, ProtoMan3 said:

And one last question: this is apparently being played in a bar, and I'm not yet 21. Is that going to be an issue? I don't plan on drinking while in Madison due to a various number of complications, obviously.

It's at a bowling alley. Zero issue.

I am flying directly to Madison instead of Milwaukee just for the reason that I'm a southern boy who does zero traveling in below freezing temperatures. In the event of snow there I want to travel as little distance as possible. But I totally understand the cheaper flights though, if I wasn't such a puss I would definitely fly into Milwaukee.

Edited by suicideking81

3 hours ago, Knobbe said:

It's at a bowling alley. Zero issue.

Actually, the bar area entrance has people posted up checking ids during the event. As mentioned earlier, I've witnessed them turn people away. Better be safe than sorry.

9 hours ago, ProtoMan3 said:

Hey everyone,

This is my first tourney I'm going to. I'm going just to have fun, and it's sad that this will be the last one, but so be it.

Quick question about the rules: What is lurching? I imagine that's just using a guy like Bob Nelson and going through the offensive line without touching the tackles.

Also, what time will the tourney be? I'm a college student coming from Champaign, IL, and I'm using a bus to get to Madison so I'd like to know when to book the return bus.

And one last question: this is apparently being played in a bar, and I'm not yet 21. Is that going to be an issue? I don't plan on drinking while in Madison due to a various number of complications, obviously.

Dave (and Mort) covered the lurching rule well. 

Registration for the tournament is typically from 9:00-9:45am. We usually start at 10am, and wrap up between 9 and 9:30. 

Wisconsin is pretty lax with drinking laws, as you may know. Most establishments, including Badger Bowl, allow minors in the bar area up to a certain point in the evening (usually around 8 or 9pm), where they start to require ID. Feel free to call Badger Bowl to verify that exact time, but in general I wouldn't expect a problem here. We've definitely had minors play in the past.

2 hours ago, sonofpatbeach said:

Dave (and Mort) covered the lurching rule well. 

Registration for the tournament is typically from 9:00-9:45am. We usually start at 10am, and wrap up between 9 and 9:30. 

Wisconsin is pretty lax with drinking laws, as you may know. Most establishments, including Badger Bowl, allow minors in the bar area up to a certain point in the evening (usually around 8 or 9pm), where they start to require ID. Feel free to call Badger Bowl to verify that exact time, but in general I wouldn't expect a problem here. We've definitely had minors play in the past.

Does this mean I can't remain in the Badger Bowl to watch the finals if it goes past said hour, or just the bar area? I called them but my call gets redirected to some sort of thing which says "press so and so number to go here" and none of them go to the bar.

If you were to leave the bar area (let's say to go bowling or grab some Taco Bell) and try to come back in that 8-9pm timeframe, you may have an issue. But if you stay in the heat of the Tecmo action, you should be fine. 

27 minutes ago, ProtoMan3 said:
1 minute ago, sonofpatbeach said:

If you were to leave the bar area (let's say to go bowling or grab some Taco Bell) and try to come back in that 8-9pm timeframe, you may have an issue. But if you stay in the heat of the Tecmo action, you should be fine. 

Do I remember that the final games were live-streaming on the overhead TVs in the cabin room, too? I could be making that up. But if so, there's no age restriction to stay in the cabin room and play Tecmo and watch the games (again, if it's streamed in-house, which I can't remember if it is or not. Basically, I'm adding nothing to the conversation.)

48 minutes ago, regulator088 said:

Lol how many years has this picture made it in this thread

This is totally my fault. lol

40 minutes ago, qb_browns said:

Pics or it didn't happen 

6402b4ba22.png

4 hours ago, regulator088 said:

Lol how many years has this picture made it in this thread

Tell your brother, Kyle, that we're sticking him in your group if he doesn't register soon.  #TomczakBowlFlashbacks

Edited by sonofpatbeach

On 1/7/2016 at 6:31 AM, ProtoMan3 said:
On 1/6/2016 at 3:52 PM, bruddog said:

24401df04d.pngsome Madison demographics based on what i could parse from the website. 

24401df04d.png  

I would like to see a "quantity of beers consumed by state" chart!!!! Where's the north dakota crew when you need them!!!

Hey Dave...  if I show up to MADISON i'm gonna kick yo a$$...in tecmo, and on da street...you wanna sensor me??? you can't handle the truth...and any body who agrees with you, can ki$$ my a$$...and that's as simple as it gets...if and when I  ever play against you, I will smash yo a$$ and run up da score so far, you'll think you were in PHX gettin' a sun tan and an enima at the same time!!!  punk muthaphukka!!!  edit that beeyaaatch!!!

(p.s.  You got the guts to post this???...................................doubt it.