Madison, WI - 02/20/16 - Tecmo XII: There's Something About Barry

sonofpatbeach

1 hour ago, red98sethuthut said:

Has anyone seen Marino's bitch? Lol mister triple fister. 

Screenshot_2016-02-21-16-20-44.png

the people's champ! i saw him a lot early on at the Group 30 station, drawn there like a moth to the flame it seemed...... well either that or the scent of blood on the controllers...... whatever the reason, he was in TOP shape! truly inspirational

14 hours ago, manyo360 said:

the people's champ! i saw him a lot early on at the Group 30 station, drawn there like a moth to the flame it seemed...... well either that or the scent of blood on the controllers...... whatever the reason, he was in TOP shape! truly inspirational

I was briefly graced by his presence on Friday night at Rocky Rococo's. His ordering game was truly on point.

"HEEY GIMMMEA ROCCCOOCO! WITH CHEESE.... AND SASSSSAGE!"

My brother Kyle N. (4th place in TecmoXII) couldn't get enough Tecmo. He returned to southwest Iowa Sunday and posted a monster to remind the rest of us how our losses to him could have been worse.

201.jpg

Just now, noonan said:

My brother Kyle N. (4th place in TecmoXII) couldn't get enough Tecmo. He returned to southwest Iowa Sunday and posted a monster to remind the rest of us how our losses to him could have been worse.

201.jpg

You and your brother need to make the trek to Dubuque for Tomczak Bowl IX. December 10, 2016. Mark it now.

That goes for everyone really.

If you aren't on twitter - Here are TecmoXII tweets with a "Top Tweets" filter

Here is the same thing with all tweets

Great time yet again.  Disappointing finish in my loser's bracket final losing in OT on a diving pick by a drone and a 30 yd CC on the ensuing 3rd and 15 after the INT.  Every game was tough.

I then proceeded to drink myself into Bolivian as Mike Tyson would say.  So apologies if you saw me or spoke to me (as I tried to speak) anytime past 7:30 pm CST.

Fun seeing and catching up with everyone and meeting new people. 

Thanks to the organizers yet again.

Someone tell that ESPN lady in the hot pants to call me. 

DD-

22 minutes ago, Dotdon said:

I then proceeded to drink myself into Bolivian as Mike Tyson would say.  So apologies if you saw me or spoke to me (as I tried to speak) anytime past 7:30 pm CST.

No need to apologize. You gave me at least 5 epic hugs. I'm talking @moulds33 level hugs.

What an epic tournament. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped make it so and everyone who has contributed so much to Tecmo over the years, especially Chet and Josh who just like Barry are dipping out while still in their prime. Everyone knows Barry was the greatest. Nobody has done it better than the Holzbauers either. A couple extra yards wouldn't have convinced me otherwise (I'm looking at you Emmitt).

Congrats to Gats and The Kid who rose above the rest and delighted the crowd with some big time Tecmo on the big screen and congrats to that dude George for being the real MVP of the weekend.

19 hours ago, manyo360 said:

This f'ing guy!  He was in room 131, right next to us.  I left Lou's room after playing some scrims vs Gats around 1:15 to try to get some sleep and I bet I didn't get more than 1-2 hours of sleep all night.  This dude keep laughing and talking about rap music and somebody's sentencing hearing coming up.  They didn't shut up the whole night.  Had no idea they were tecmoers.

So then we are walking out of the hotel heading over to Perkins for breakfast and we see this guy at the pool pounding a beer at 8:30am.  A few hours later I go to the lodge room to check on Luke and he tells me that the loud/drunk guy is in the group next to him (DT's group I think) and the only reason he knows it's the same guy is by his maniacal laugh and over .35 BAC level.  What a legend!

Edited by moulds33

Matt DeGeorge here. I will keep this short and brief. Tecmo Madison was definitely worth my 30 hour total drive to and from Wisconsin to Pennsylvania. I am glad I "manned up" and decided to attend. Everyone I met was cool and I had a ton of fun. There are lots of thanks to be handed out here but for everyone who participates and runs the tournament--thank you 1000x for giving me a trip/memory to remember for the rest of my life.

Long Live Tecmo.