Madison, WI - 02/20/16 - Tecmo XII: There's Something About Barry

sonofpatbeach

For those who may be on the fence about attending #TecmoXII, we wanted to let you know as far in advance as possible that this will be our last tournament.

Only one last chance remaining to prove yourself in the Super Bowl of Tecmo Super Bowl.

If you have any questions or comments about this being our last tournament, PLEASE post those on the separate thread linked above rather than on this thread. We'd like to keep this thread focused on #TecmoXII.

Update on the poll. Looks like a lot of people are high on Coconuts after his second-place finish last year. Likewise for Daboy and his fourth-place finish. Anyone know whether he plans on coming this year?

Also receiving votes were Charlie M, and Louis. 

crop.png

1 hour ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

Man, I would love to, but I'm showing flights for me from Boston for the weekend would cost approximately $350-$400, and I just can't justify it. Bah.

Boston to Milwaukee that Friday-Sunday on Kayak is $241. Then just carpool with someone from MKE (plenty of people coming from that general direction). Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, hoigaard said:

Boston to Milwaukee that Friday-Sunday on Kayak is $241. Then just carpool with someone from MKE (plenty of people coming from that general direction). Boom goes the dynamite.

Can you link me? I did a Kayak search before posting, and just did another, and I'm not seeing $241. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

Can you link me? I did a Kayak search before posting, and just did another, and I'm not seeing $241. Thanks!

https://www.google.com/flights/#search;f=BOS;t=MKE;d=2016-02-19;r=2016-02-21

As low as 219 on skiplagged: https://skiplagged.com/flights/BOS/MKE/2016-02-19/2016-02-21

19 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

Aha, these flights have me going to Milwaukee. I originally was searching for direct flights to Madison. Do most people fly to Milwaukee and then travel via car to Madison? I'm a little bit worthless when it comes to airline travel. I fly very infrequently, and when I do, it's usually my place of work doing all of the ticket purchasing / price finding.

1 hour ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

Aha, these flights have me going to Milwaukee. I originally was searching for direct flights to Madison. Do most people fly to Milwaukee and then travel via car to Madison? I'm a little bit worthless when it comes to airline travel. I fly very infrequently, and when I do, it's usually my place of work doing all of the ticket purchasing / price finding.

Flights to Milwaukee are the better way to go. Slightly larger airport, larger city, etc. 

It's a short 90 minute drive for most normal people. When I lived in Milwaukee, I could make it to the Holzbauers' apartment in an hour, but I like practicing my zig zag technique using Wisconsin State Troopers in place of drones. 

Request to our hosts... since we are going all out this year....

For the final 8 (or sweet 16 finalists), can we have player entrance introductions... maybe some background music for each competitor.

Play the John Cena intro song for Orenga as he enters the room...   I'm laughing just thinking about it.

3 hours ago, qb_browns said:

Flights to Milwaukee are the better way to go. Slightly larger airport, larger city, etc. 

It's a short 90 minute drive for most normal people. When I lived in Milwaukee, I could make it to the Holzbauers' apartment in an hour, but I like practicing my zig zag technique using Wisconsin State Troopers in place of drones. 

Is anyone making a pilgrimage from Milwaukee to/from Madison on Thursday/Sunday? Tix are $150 cheaper for me to do MKE.

31 minutes ago, gripsmoke said:

Is anyone making a pilgrimage from Milwaukee to/from Madison on Thursday/Sunday? Tix are $150 cheaper for me to do MKE.

I definitely am Sunday and am trying to swing Thursday night.

Hey everyone,

This is my first tourney I'm going to. I'm going just to have fun, and it's sad that this will be the last one, but so be it.

Quick question about the rules: What is lurching? I imagine that's just using a guy like Bob Nelson and going through the offensive line without touching the tackles.

Also, what time will the tourney be? I'm a college student coming from Champaign, IL, and I'm using a bus to get to Madison so I'd like to know when to book the return bus.

And one last question: this is apparently being played in a bar, and I'm not yet 21. Is that going to be an issue? I don't plan on drinking while in Madison due to a various number of complications, obviously.

Edited by ProtoMan3

1 hour ago, ProtoMan3 said:

Hey everyone,

This is my first tourney I'm going to. I'm going just to have fun, and it's sad that this will be the last one, but so be it.

Quick question about the rules: What is lurching? I imagine that's just using a guy like Bob Nelson and going through the offensive line without touching the tackles.

Also, what time will the tourney be? I'm a college student coming from Champaign, IL, and I'm using a bus to get to Madison so I'd like to know when to book the return bus.

And one last question: this is apparently being played in a bar, and I'm not yet 21. Is that going to be an issue? I don't plan on drinking while in Madison due to a various number of complications, obviously.

Howdy and welcome! Glad you are coming out!

Lurching is defined as using the DL to avoid the offensive lineman and dive tackle the QB. A couple examples from Mort can be seen here or here .

Tournament and registration starts at like 10:30am? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Not 100% sure on this, but I have witnessed under 21s play in the tournament so I would assume 18+ will be fine. Call the Badger Bowl and make sure you can attend: 608-274-6662