(NES) Tecmo NCAA Basketball 2015

Baron von Lector

File Name: Tecmo NCAA Basketball 2015

File Submitter: Baron von Lector

File Submitted: 09 Nov 2015

File Category: NES

This ROM is an edit of Tecmo NBA Basketball and is based on the 2014-15 NCAA Basketball season. With the 2015-16 season coming up, I chose to go with last season's rosters due to the fact that I wanted hard data to work with instead of speculative data. So, while there is no Ben Simmons in this ROM, there is plenty of Jahlil Okafor and Rakeem Christmas to go around.

There are 27 teams included (see screenshots).

To go along with the college rosters, I've edited all of the team logos and court logos. Play in the Carrier Dome!

What I think makes this ROM special are the details that give it more of an NCAA-feel. Instead of playing in the NBA Playoffs, take your team through a 16-team March Madness tournament. Simdata had been adjusted so, again, the games feel more NCAA (80-70 games instead of 110-95). I've even included two All-American teams so you can play our own All-American All-Star Game.

As a recommendation, set the season length to "Short" (26 games) to closely emulate the length of a typical 30-game NCAA season.

There is only one downfall to this ROM that has to be mentioned, however. If you sim a season (with SKP), each team's #1 scorer will average over 60 points per game, while the rest of the team hovers at around 0.1. If anybody knows a fix to this, PLEASE, let me know. This was caused by using the Rabbit NBA Editor program. The workaround to this is by setting all of the teams' controls to COM (not yours) and letting the CPU battle it out. Most emulators have a speed control so you can set these games to 6400% and breeze them by.

Enjoy!

Click here to download this file