Forum Software Upgrade

Knobbe

Will I have to log in again once the updates are done? Because if I can''t remember the password, then you may be seeing PockyCandy2 pop up after that. 

If you can't remember your password, now would be a good time to change it. Also as Dave indicated you can always reset.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm satisfied enough with this and will basically upgrade the site when I feel as though I have some free time.

The entire process should take about an hour followed by all the subsequent things  I didn't consider :)

6 hours ago, Knobbe said:

It's happened

Looks great!  Couple of questions/comments:

1) On mobile, I cant reply to a post.  When I click on "reply to this topic" on the bottom of the page, i'm prompted to click to choose files or insert other media.  There isnt an open free text box to type anything.

2) No more chat?  Didnt see this available on mobile or desktop

3) The quote box for replies seemed like it didnt carry over.  Keirre's reply above did have the quote box but seems like every other post that had a quote, doesnt have the box.  Could be that any new replies will have this and that posts prior to upgrade will not?

4) Will we be able to see embedded videos?  I was in HSRL forum looking at one of the vids i made but its not embedded into the post.  Instead i get the path that I typed in to embed it.  This applies to mobile and desktop.

5) When you hover your pointer on the "online leagues tab" at the top of the page, the detailed path (e.g. Home>Forums>Welcome to Tecmobowl.org>Getting Started>Website Feedback) text gets jumbled up together.

•  
Edited by War Machine

3 hours ago, War Machine said:

1) On mobile, I cant reply to a post.  When I click on "reply to this topic" on the bottom of the page, i'm prompted to click to choose files or insert other media.  There isnt an open free text box to type anything.

2) No more chat?  Didnt see this available on mobile or desktop

3) The quote box for replies seemed like it didnt carry over.  Keirre's reply above did have the quote box but seems like every other post that had a quote, doesnt have the box.  Could be that any new replies will have this and that posts prior to upgrade will not?

4) Will we be able to see embedded videos?  I was in HSRL forum looking at one of the vids i made but its not embedded into the post.  Instead i get the path that I typed in to embed it.  This applies to mobile and desktop.

5) When you hover your pointer on the "online leagues tab" at the top of the page, the detailed path (e.g. Home>Forums>Welcome to Tecmobowl.org>Getting Started>Website Feedback) text gets jumbled up together.

1) You enter your text into the text area and reply. See:

12GDX.jpg

2) The other apps will start rolling in soon. As of right now, no site chat.

3) New replies have quote boxes. See this example. Possible glitch with the old quote bbcode. Note taken.

4) See answer 2.

5) It looks like there are too many league names in the subheader and it is overlapping the site breadcrumbs. Note taken.

Maybe im totally not seeing it but the text area is not there on mobile (using safari on my iphone).  I have nowhere to type.  In the screenshot you posted, the only thing i see is "click to choose files" and below.  I dont have the text area above it.  

I tried another browser on my phone and it allows me to reply.  So could be an iphone safari problem.

Thanks for the replies.

36 minutes ago, War Machine said:

Maybe im totally not seeing it but the text area is not there on mobile (using safari on my iphone).  I have nowhere to type.  In the screenshot you posted, the only thing i see is "click to choose files" and below.  I dont have the text area above it.  

I tried another browser on my phone and it allows me to reply.  So could be an iphone safari problem.

Thanks for the replies.

What flavor phone and iOS? I took that screenshot from my 6.

8 hours ago, keirre21 said:

I need to know how to get the "new content" to show again. IT makes things easier when I can bookmark it, so I can see all new posts and content when I log on

Check "Show condensed view" to show the threads (showing posts now by default).

9 hours ago, keirre21 said:

I need to know how to get the "new content" to show again. IT makes things easier when I can bookmark it, so I can see all new posts and content when I log on

I'll have a default option set up and also put out a guide on how to customize this

yeah, in the past, I always came to a page that showed all the recent threads and posts.  If I had not read the most recent post in each recent thread, they would be bold font.  

I would like to find a page like that again.   

2 hours ago, buck said:

yeah, in the past, I always came to a page that showed all the recent threads and posts.  If I had not read the most recent post in each recent thread, they would be bold font.  

I would like to find a page like that again.   

I think it's this:

http://tecmobowl.org/discover/unread/

You have to check "Show condensed view" (under RSS icon).

5 hours ago, bruddog said:

You probably want this buck: Click on the icon to make it condensed if you don't want to see all the text contained in the posts. 

http://tecmobowl.org/discover/

this is close, if I I click "show condensed", there's still a lot of crap that I don't care about going on in the screen and making the screen very long for only showing a couple of topics.  

hopefully I can learn to like this upgrade, because at this point, I can not stand it.

42 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

One of the goals is to ditch Tapatalk in favor of the mobile theme.

Whatever is decided is fine with me, but Tapatalk gets things done faster and gives alerts.  It's also nice to lump all my notifications from all forums into one place.

Edit: Does Tapatalk cause issues?