How do sim results work in SKP vs SKP

Carther

Sorry for spamming, but... Seems like what TSBToolSupreme labels SIM OFFENSE actually is RUN DEFENSE!

I 00:ed Bills "SIM OFFENSE" and FF:ed every one elses. Bills got about 2600 yards against in rushing, the second worst run defense got about 900 and the best around 500. The difference there is caused by pass-rush-ratio, probably.

My theory is that SIM OFFENSE is RUN DEFENSE and that SIM DEFENSE actually is PASS DEFENSE.

EDIT: I'll keep testing and start a new thread about this later.

EDIT 2: I can confirm this. "Team sim offense" is run defense, and "Team sim defense" is pass defense.

You are correct I verified this in the dissassembly. 

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to figure out the 3rd SIM value for skill players. It's supposed to be yards/receptions, right?

I did recall reading somewhere that it draws from the same scale as SIM RUSH, so I 00:ed the 0-14 values, and FF:ed 15. I gave one WR with only Fly routes the only 15-rating on my ROM, and another WR a SIM RUSH rating of 15 (just to see if that SIM value had anything to do with receiving yards.) Couldn't see any difference. Most players got about 30 yards/reception...

• 2 years later...

Wow, how am I just now seeing all of this too, almost 3 years later?  

So, does this mean that the game simulates offensive team scores as a function of the individual offensive sim #'s?  

But it simulates defensive team "scores" (i.e. the suppression of their opponent's offensive scoring) as a function of its sim rush defense # (incorrectly labeled as SIM OFFENSE in TSBTool) and its sim pass defense # (incorrectly labeled as SIM DEFENSE in TSBTool)? 

Do I have this right?  If so, I guess that means there is no one single # that determines the offensive potency of a team in sim mode.

It actually simulates the game one play at a time. For example on a run play it will run off a vairable amount of time. Then it will load the players run skill value adjusted by condition. Then it will load the defense value adjusted by play call. Example if the defense calls pass but its a run...the run defense value will be adjusted down. Then it finds what yardage outcome range the value falls in and gets a random yarge from that range. 

You QB and most used RB are going to have the most impact on offense. or perhaps your qb and most targeted wr if the team is set for heavy passing. 

2 hours ago, Tecmonster said:

Wow, how am I just now seeing all of this too, almost 3 years later?  

So, does this mean that the game simulates offensive team scores as a function of the individual offensive sim #'s?  

But it simulates defensive team "scores" (i.e. the suppression of their opponent's offensive scoring) as a function of its sim rush defense # (incorrectly labeled as SIM OFFENSE in TSBTool) and its sim pass defense # (incorrectly labeled as SIM DEFENSE in TSBTool)? 

Do I have this right?  If so, I guess that means there is no one single # that determines the offensive potency of a team in sim mode.

Blew my mind too but it works! 

Edited by SBlueman

On 9/10/2018 at 8:55 PM, bruddog said:

You QB and most used RB are going to have the most impact on offense. or perhaps your qb and most targeted wr if the team is set for heavy passing. 

So if TSBTool is mapped correctly, then offensive linemen have no sim values and, thus, no effect on the sim results for any team's offense?

I guess the only way to make sure the o-line has an influence on each team's sim offense is adjust each skill player's sim ratings up or down based on the quality of the o-line.

• 1 year later...
  • Knobbe changed the title to How do sim results work in SKP vs SKP
On 10/13/2019 at 11:32 AM, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

This threads dispels several huge misconceptions that we had for over a decade. It should really be pinned.

To me this is just one piece of sim. I'd pin a comprehensive document on all of it. This belongs in a line for the FAQs or rom editing 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...