Sign in to follow this  
toolie

1973 ROM Release Thread

After a strong finish to the 1972 season that saw a battle of heavyweights for the Super Bowl, the High Speed Retro League returns for 1973.  The league had to deal with more serious attrition that is plaguing online Tecmo, but welcomes new online league owners DT, Vince Green, and JEvans87.  Still not quite enough players to fill every team, but the unmanned teams were drafted and their games will be played by other league owners. 

Weeks 1 and 2 are out in this final season of no regular season overtime.  I will enjoy the final season of mega ties; it's been an interesting twist.  Marvin Gaye hits #1 with a strong message for members of the HSRL (manyo on the sax?).

Edited by toolie

Strong start to the season as 17 of the 26 games from weeks 1 and 2 are in the books.  ROMs will be coming out each Tuesday unless we get to less than 13 unplayed games total in which case I'll release one ROM early at that point. 

A little Flint-town success story hits number one on the charts.  Check out all these American activities!

Edited by toolie

Weeks 5 and 6 have been released!  Things are moving along nicely (16 games unplayed at ROM release); the two-game deadline is tomorrow night and most people have made that mark. 

I continue to be amazed at the number of #1 hits I've never heard of.  Cher: hot or not?

Edited by toolie

1973 chugs right along and we're at the midway point of the season.  Four game deadline is tomorrow night so try and get to that mark by then if you can.  Could be good news for Kweh as Gladys Knight and the Pips hit #1.

Here's to hoping some of our Tecmo brothers see the light and jump on that midnight train to HSRL.  Good luck!

Edited by toolie

Weeks 11 and 12 are out!  Many teams are still alive for the playoffs, so if you're middling at this point, do like Eddie Kendricks says in his number 1 hit from November.

This song makes me want to grow a 'fro.

The Wild Card round is out!  Neither I nor Neerrm will be able to play until the 30th at the earliest.  We'll try to play as soon as we can and if the KC/MIA game hasn't been played by then we'll talk about a deadline then.  Off-season stuff should be commencing soon (nothing timed until after the New Year), but for now the phile is giving me an error when I try to run the aging ceremony. 

Merry Christmas everyone!

A ROM has been released for the AFC Divisional round.  Neerrm and I should be playing the NFC wild card game tonight and then I should have the NFC Divisional round out tonight or tomorrow depending on when people have their alignments set. Good luck!

The Championship round is out!  The playoffs have been spectacular so far and there look to be two good games to see who goes to the Super Bowl. 

This song's actually from 1972, but the video is hilarious and I think manyo's mom is somewhere in the crowd. 

Good luck to all!

The Super Bowl ROM is out!  This will be the second meeting in the big game for the Steelers and 49ers, though SF is now under different management.  I'll leave any other anecdotes for War's pre-game analysis.  Should be a good one (game is rumored to be set for Thursday).