Johnny johnson

tecmoalpha

Hey guys just curious here so I was playing a season on console with the redskins and in week 3 I played against cardinals and got my ass ran over like a mack truck with Johnny Johnson and he scored a lot and my question is that do I have a glitch in my cartridge because jj was a white guy lighting my wilber Marshall and Tracy rocker up..it didn't help they kept my ass off balance with there play book. But I remember Johnson was really a black guy I know there are light skinned black guys on teams that season that tecmo still made to be black

I could only trip out that it was like a white super hero out there..I have often contained Barry,Emmitt and Thurman in most cases...but geez jj is badddd

Well I can attest to Johnny Johnson's amazing abilities. He's on my HSTL team, and I've been featuring a certain Mr. Henry Ellard so far this season. JJ had grudgingly accepted a backup role on the offense, but during my most recent game Ellard just wasn't getting anything done. My offense had thrown 3 interceptions and I had maybe 20 yards going into the 4th quarter. Well, Johnny J walks up to me on the sidelines and says, "Coach, just hand me the ball, we'll win the game." And wouldn't you know it, he ran for about 170 yds and 2 tds in that last quarter. We won 14-0. You might be thinking, well that's not that impressive. But that's not even the punchline: as he was leaving the field, he went on to impregnate every woman in the stadium and even some of the men too. Now there's a JJ story!

Well I can attest to Johnny Johnson's amazing abilities. He's on my HSTL team, and I've been featuring a certain Mr. Henry Ellard so far this season. JJ had grudgingly accepted a backup role on the offense, but during my most recent game Ellard just wasn't getting anything done. My offense had thrown 3 interceptions and I had maybe 20 yards going into the 4th quarter. Well, Johnny J walks up to me on the sidelines and says, "Coach, just hand me the ball, we'll win the game." And wouldn't you know it, he ran for about 170 yds and 2 tds in that last quarter. We won 14-0. You might be thinking, well that's not that impressive. But that's not even the punchline: as he was leaving the field, he went on to impregnate every woman in the stadium and even some of the men too. Now there's a JJ story!

Not many posts have made me burst out laughing but those last two sentences..wow..AHAHAHA. Comedy Geauxld!

Ok been reading more on this forum

At first I thought I was missing something

I see this is like a been there done that thing...lol sorry guys I'm usually hanging out in snes but I been getting more into Nes lately...I bet u guys are like really man where the hell u been..lol my bad

This thread should have summoned the one known as TBK. Clearly, the spell is not working or TBK has passed.

Either way, R.I.P. TBK.

Is there any other light skinned brothers the tecmo programmers made white that anyone knows of? Or is Johnny j the only unstoppable white guy they snuck in there?

That's it I'm playing with the Cardinals now I lost 3 times to them with the skins and if I'm not mistaken...Washington was the Champs that year...I was knocked out of playoffs by cards and I'm almost certain jj had over 800 rushing yards in those 3 games combined..I'm a tsb3 junkie

And this game is waaayyy more challenging

Hey guys just curious here so I was playing a season on console with the redskins and in week 3 I played against cardinals and got my ass ran over like a mack truck with Johnny Johnson and he scored a lot and my question is that do I have a glitch in my cartridge because jj was a white guy lighting my wilber Marshall and Tracy rocker up..it didn't help they kept my ass off balance with there play book. But I remember Johnson was really a black guy I know there are light skinned black guys on teams that season that tecmo still made to be black

I could only trip out that it was like a white super hero out there..I have often contained Barry,Emmitt and Thurman in most cases...but geez jj is badddd

To answer your questions, Yes. Yes. and yes.  Johnson could be white, black, brown, it really doesn't matter...He's more than likely an extra terestrial with unmatched, unworldly, and unhuman supernatural athletic ability and by far the best all around player in Tecmo Superbowl...and not just TSB, but in the later versions, on different systems, it's the same story.  And even more of a mystery than knowing what race he really is, is his ability to play WAY above what his stats show...and his stats show that he is great Tecmo back, but sometimes he does things that would indicate he's about 100 across the board in every catagory.  He runs faster, jumps higher, runs stronger, and catches better than almost every player in the game without question.  The words 'hidden stats' get thrown around pretty loosely around here, but the player who pioneered, founded, and basically invented the term was Johnny Johnson, because those words were about the only way to describe some of the absolutely spectacularly mystifying things he could pull off on the field....................Well there you go rookie.  You got your answer.  You now know what everybody on this forum has known for years...they may not all agree, but why don't you do a season with Phoenix and decide for yourself.  You may have the best season with any player you ever had in your life.

(p.s.  Just to let you know, in his rookie year, the 1990 season, (what this game was based on) Johnny Johnson played about 9 full games and was at 900+ yards rushing before fracturing his ankle mid way through the year, and was well on his way to the NFL rushing title...on the pace he was on, he coulda' finished the year with close to 2,000 yards...he got a Probowl appearence his rookie year for his efforts) 

Johnny Johnson sucks. I'd much rather orchestrate my PHX power running game with Ricky Proehl at the helm. 

Ron Wolfley, on the other hand, is a beast.

(And yes, if anyone was wondering, this post could be considered trolling) 

Well I'd rather stick Johnny Johnson at the top of the receiving helm, in Ricky Proehl's position, (because Proehl succ's) and have him orchestrate a 3,500 yard year, lead the league in receptions, and chalk up a Superbowl victory too boot........(and no I'm not trolling, because in all reality, that's what would happen, and has happened) 

In expected ypc he's tied with Barry Sanders. That's not too bad of a peer group!

http://www.footballperspective.com/career-leaders-in-yards-per-carry-era-adjusted/

maybe I don't understand what you are saying? but, are you comparing "actual career YPC" of JJ0k to Barry's "expected YPC stat that some random asshole came up with"?  uh, ok..?  didn't play in the SAME ERA?  barry averaged almost 5 YPC FOR REAL in the same era as JJ0k.  

oops...well dang, shonn greene is the career leader in EXPECTED YPC, better than Jim Brown, Barry, and even JJ0k!  

man, what great, meaningless random stat!  thanks for nothing.

Edited by buck