Sign in to follow this  
toolie

Interested in Being a Dummy?

For the upcoming season I'm hoping to find 5 owners (and I make six) that would be interested in playing the games for one of the six teams that doesn't have an owner.  Your dummy team would be from the other conference and would not be on your schedule.  As the owner of said dummy team, you would be asked to give full effort to try and win all games.  If we get a new owner that wants to join mid-season they would take over one of the dummy teams (being playoff eligible if they play enough of the games themselves).  These teams would not be playoff eligible unless taken over by a new owner early enough in the season (measured by games completed).  Any games between two dummy squads would be simmed by the commish.  This will help keep aging/gains/retirement consistent.

I think it will be an enjoyable experience; you get to play around with another team in no-pressure situations.  You would be committing to playing double the games as usual.  We will need six people to do this (it's possible that I could do two dummy teams if neither are on my schedule). 

Confirmed Dummies

LuckyTool

WarMachine

Hoffnasty

Ryan11p

Edited by toolie

This would be great experience for those trying to better themselves at tecmo. You basically have a free season to try different techniques for all sorts of situations while playing meaningful games.

I'm also game for it.  If for some reason my Dummy team makes the playoffs and I'm the owner the whole time and my real team doesn't, wouldn't it be nice to play in the playoffs with that team? (assuming no one takes it over)

I'm also game for it.  If for some reason my Dummy team makes the playoffs and I'm the owner the whole time and my real team doesn't, wouldn't it be nice to play in the playoffs with that team? (assuming no one takes it over)

I think this would be too close to having an owner with two teams.  Maybe I should allow this to attract bgboud/tecmodactyl.

With Denver being manned I only need one more owner (from the NFC) who would be willing to play as Cincy or Miami.  If I don't get a volunteer then I'll play for both teams. 

We have three dummy teams: two in the NFC and one in the AFC.  They will be

PHI - WarMachine

WAS - Hoffnasty

JETS - LuckyTool (except for Week 1 where I have to play against JETS and will have War play that game for JETS). 

These owners will also be responsible for drafting for these teams in the draft.  For convenience, feel free to post "best available XX" at any point in the round to speed things along for these picks.

Thanks to Ryan11p for also volunteering to do this; turns out we only need three. 

I think this is a advantage if they draft for those teams. Should just be the commish picking the best available.

Well I am the commish and I am controlling a dummy team.  Specifically what advantage are you concerned with us getting?  This is an imperfect scenario and I'm trying to make the best of it. 

Edited by toolie

I think that would be one person having too much influence in the draft. For instance, philly picks really close to two of my division opponents.

I think this is a advantage if they draft for those teams. Should just be the commish picking the best available.

I think every league member who did not volunteer to play these extra games (with no personal benefit other than practice) should have absolutely no say so in this matter.  He's doing what he can do with the hand that was dealt to him.  Great job so far in the offseason Toolie. 

I think every league member who did not volunteer to play these extra games (with no personal benefit other than practice) should have absolutely no say so in this matter.  He's doing what he can do with the hand that was dealt to him.  Great job so far in the offseason Toolie. 

I was not criticizing, just making sense, not dollars!

I was not criticizing, just making sense, not dollars!

I know you know how to make dollars when dealt a winning hand.  We've discussed these things!  :cool: