NHL guru(s) needed for future NHL project

Baron von Lector

Kinda wish i still had my laptop right now... i could see about getting an NHL 95 roster update going >_>

Everyone likes 94 the best but a handful prefer 95.  It was such a change from 94.  I was a lacrosse player and my group of friends always liked 95 because it played more like lacrosse than the other EA hockey years.  Funny thing is, 98 is my favorite and a very close second to TSB.

Baron, I'm hoping you add the Stars like Bodom suggested.  Seems wrong to not have Toronto on a hockey game though even if they're bad.  F NJ.  I will look over the Caps and post anything I see.

You got the Caps right.  Bummed that Chimera and Laich didn't make the cut but both are getting a little long in the tooth and Justin Williams is "the missing piece" so I guess he beats them out.  Seeing Oshie at starting RW looks niiiiiiiiiice!  8-)

Baron, I'm hoping you add the Stars like Bodom suggested.  Seems wrong to not have Toronto on a hockey game though even if they're bad.  F NJ.  I will look over the Caps and post anything I see.

This shows me just how stuck in the 90s I am.  I thought the Stars were already in the game, as the Minnesota North Stars.  I completely forgot that they had moved to Dallas.

Turns out, I have more freedom than I originally thought as far as teams go.  This ROM is a little trickier to modify than previous ones.  A lot of the sprites that show up on screen, according to Knobbe, are called on via the RAM and not part of the ROM, itself.  Whether or not I could change how a team's name shows up on the "XXXXX vs. YYYYY" screen prior to the game will determine if I will take liberty on changing teams. 

As luck would have it, this is editable.  On that note, I will be replacing the Minnesota Wild (North Stars on the ROM) and moving them to Dallas.  Also, I will be likely be replacing Buffalo with another team.  Any suggestions?

On that note, I will be replacing the Minnesota Wild (North Stars on the ROM) and moving them to Dallas.  Also, I will be likely be replacing Buffalo with another team.  Any suggestions?

Here's a look at last year's standings - the teams grayed out are currently excluded from the ROM. 

post-5893-0-97250400-1442497169_thumb.pn

Florida, Carolina and Arizona are fairly bad teams and don't have many exciting players, so keep them out.  It would be great to get Columbus in, but I can't see any teams that I would toss out in place.  IMO, Dallas and Nashville need to be in (I would also keep Minnesota).  Nashville is a great team and Dallas is an exciting team with Seguin & Benn.  Jersey should go.  They really aren't that good and don't have many stars.  Then I would ditch either Buffalo or Edmonton.  Tough choice considering they got the #1 & 2 picks this year and will be young exciting teams.

As much as I like New Jersey, this isn't Martin Brodeur's team anymore.  How does this look:

Nashville in, San Jose out.

Dallas in, New Jersey out.

Columbus in, Toronto/Buffalo/Edmonton out.

As you stated, the only thing that might save Buffalo and Edmonton are the fact that they have the #1 and #2 draft picks.

I was torn on San Jose.  They have a lot of really good players, but had a horrible year.  If given the choice between Nashville/SJ, I'd take Nashville.

I take back what I said about Toronto the other day.  As bad as they are, they are original six, so I can't see leaving them out.  It's really a toss up between Columbus/BUF/EDM.  Maybe to keep things simple, just keep Columbus out. 

Page is updated with Nashville and Dallas.   Here's the players that were added:

DALLAS
C1 - T.Seguin
C2 - J.Spezza
LW1 - J.Benn
LW2 - P.Sharp
RW1 - V.Nichushkin
RW2 - A.Hemsky
LD1 - A.Goligoski
RD1 - J.Klingberg
LD2 - J.Oduya
RD2 - J.Demers
G1 - K.Lehtonen (g)
G2 - A.Niemi (g)

NASHVILLE
C1 - M.Ribeiro
C2 - M.Fisher

LW1 - F.Forsberg

LW2 - C.Wilson

RW1 - J.Neal

RW2 - C.Smith
LD1 - S.Weber
RD1 - R.Josi
LD1 - S.Jones
LD2 - R.Ellis
G1 - P.Rinne (g)
G2 - C.Hutton (g)

Edited by Baron von Lector

Page is updated with Nashville and Dallas.   Here's the players that were added:

DALLAS

C1 - T.Seguin

C2 - J.Spezza

LW1 - J.Benn

LW2 - P.Sharp

RW1 - V.Nichushkin

RW2 - A.Hemsky

LD1 - A.Goligoski

RD1 - J.Klingberg

LD2 - J.Oduya

RD2 - J.Demers

G1 - K.Lehtonen (g)

G2 - A.Niemi (g)

NASHVILLE

C1 - M.Ribeiro

C2 - M.Fisher

LW1 - C.Wilson

LW2 - G.Bourque

RW1 - F.Forsberg

RW2 - J.Neal

LD1 - S.Weber

RD1 - R.Josi

LD1 - S.Jones

LD2 - R.Ellis

G1 - P.Rinne (g)

G2 - C.Hutton (g)

Dallas looks good.  Nashville, I would go.

LW  F.Forsberg

LW  C.Wilson

RW  J.Neal

RW  C.Smith

C, D, G look good.

At the start of this thread, I've uploaded a copy of what I've done so far so you can get an idea as to how Jaleco rated the players.  Included, I've updated the rosters of five teams (Chicago, Philadelphia, Calgary, Pittsburgh, Montreal) and put in Colorado's logo over Quebec's.

Haven't looked yet, but planning on having my portion of the ratings done by Mon/Tue next week (busy weekend ahead).  Sounds like a perfect project while watching MNF.

HOCKEY!