TecmoBowl.org Presents: Tecmo Super Bowl 2016

Knobbe

I look forward to the TSB releases every year! Thanks for your hard work!

Maybe an idea for next year is to enable co-op. Playing defense would be a blast. On offense, maybe let P2 select RB, TE, or WR pre-snap.

Too bad I wasn't better with computers, or I'd try to make this happen. :(

I am getting "offsides yellow flag" error right before i am supposed to get to the game mode screen and havent been able to play this year yet.

Happens on all 3 of my nintendo psp emulators.

Will there be a fix?

I was able to play every previous year Knobbe TSB so far fine on my psp and worked with all 3 nes emulators.

I need my Tecmo Super Bowl 16 fix!

Thanks for the great work btw Knobbe!

I am getting "offsides yellow flag" error right before i am supposed to get to the game mode screen and havent been able to play this year yet.

Happens on all 3 of my nintendo psp emulators.

Will there be a fix?

I was able to play every previous year Knobbe TSB so far fine on my psp and worked with all 3 nes emulators.

I need my Tecmo Super Bowl 16 fix!

Thanks for the great work btw Knobbe!

Can you post a picture of the psp with the error showing? 

What are the names of the 3 emulators you are trying?

Revision D is out

- Coverage Hack added: This takes the place of Quickness. Previously, INTs were used to determine whether a pass was intercepted or deflected. Now the INT number is used to only check for an interception. If an interception is not made, then the coverage number is used to check whether the defender will block the pass.

- Fixed a few players

Revision D is out

- Coverage Hack added: This takes the place of Quickness. Previously, INTs were used to determine whether a pass was intercepted or deflected. Now the INT number is used to only check for an interception. If an interception is not made, then the coverage number is used to check whether the defender will block the pass.

- Fixed a few players

you know, after it's all said and done, my main rating/roster "regrets" are:

RB mccoy should be 63 MS (instead of 56)

RB lamaar dolphin miller should be at best 56 MS (instead of 63 MS)

RCB grimes should be 38 50 63 (instead of 44 56 etc)

LB jadeveon clowney should have dark skin (this got accidentally tweaked when I was swapping positions around in the text file...)

and honestly, going into the rom (besides the obvious clowney mistake) I was hesitant about these guys ratings.

not bad!  I am otherwise happy and can live with everything else!  (lacy might be too fast, but at this point I am picking GB for NFC, so whateva)

now, where is the guy screaming about Josh Freeman (aka Winston Jamewhatever) ratings?

Edited by buck

Still having the same issue with the 'yellow flag' screen using the Everdrive or Powerpak carts. It's weird...the QBV and Tecmonster roms work fine, as does the 2015 rom that was the official release last year.

While there are size differences between this year's 3 roms, the 2015 official and 2016 official are the same, but for whatever reason, 2016 just won't load but '15 does.

Still having the same issue with the 'yellow flag' screen using the Everdrive or Powerpak carts. It's weird...the QBV and Tecmonster roms work fine, as does the 2015 rom that was the official release last year.

While there are size differences between this year's 3 roms, the 2015 official and 2016 official are the same, but for whatever reason, 2016 just won't load but '15 does.

It's very possible that a modification to this year's rom resulted in it being incompatible with carts/hardware.

I am having issues when trying to sub a player in. I am unable to do it in the team date screen and the biggest issue is when I have an injury I am unable to sub someone in. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks to all!

It works the same as any other TSB rom. 

1. Press A at the play select screen to bring up the offensive menu

2. Move the arrow down to CHANGE and press A

3. Move the arrow to the player that needs to be changed and press A

4. This puts a blue arrow next to the player you selected and a white arrow in the team area box.

5. Move the white arrow to the player in the team are box you want to sub in and press A or press B to cancel. 

6. Press b to cancel out of the player change screen.

On Tecmo Super Bowl 2016 for NES, Where is Khalil Mack?  The Raiders have Justin Ellis playing both DT and OLB.  Needs to be fixed.

This was fixed in the latest version

you know, after it's all said and done, my main rating/roster "regrets" are:

RB lamaar dolphin miller should be at best 56 MS (instead of 63 MS)

RCB grimes should be 38 50 63 (instead of 44 56 etc)

You could probably take everyone on the Dolphins down a notch the way that they have been playing.

I thought they were rated pretty fair, but man they look bad.

We'll have to see what kind of fire and passion Dan Campell the new Interim HC can instill in his players.

Hello, I've been a member since 2007 or 2008 but I haven't been active here for the last 7 years or so. I know very little about computers but from what I learned here I was able to make a ROM (purely player and schedule editing) that I think was pretty popular. I kept the proportion of player's abilities from the original Tecmo Super Bowl to try and create a similar feel to the original. I received some nice feedback and I hope people enjoyed it. Since then I've forgotten pretty much everything I had learned..... but I don't mind learning again. My question regards the brudtopia emulator. My Norton Anti virus program keeps removing it. I was able to mark it as "trusted" but that only worked for a couple of days.... when I went to look for it just now I see it's been removed again. I've enjoyed playing the new 2016 ROM but it won't play for me on any other emulator (I get a yellow flag) and the brudtopia emulator only lasted a couple of days and now I can't seem to stop Norton from removing it. 

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. I hope I posed this question in the correct area.

Thank you very much,

Jer

Hello, I've been a member since 2007 or 2008 but I haven't been active here for the last 7 years or so. I know very little about computers but from what I learned here I was able to make a ROM (purely player and schedule editing) that I think was pretty popular. I kept the proportion of player's abilities from the original Tecmo Super Bowl to try and create a similar feel to the original. I received some nice feedback and I hope people enjoyed it. Since then I've forgotten pretty much everything I had learned..... but I don't mind learning again. My question regards the brudtopia emulator. My Norton Anti virus program keeps removing it. I was able to mark it as "trusted" but that only worked for a couple of days.... when I went to look for it just now I see it's been removed again. I've enjoyed playing the new 2016 ROM but it won't play for me on any other emulator (I get a yellow flag) and the brudtopia emulator only lasted a couple of days and now I can't seem to stop Norton from removing it. 

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. I hope I posed this question in the correct area.

Thank you very much,

Jer

Try redownloading the rom again...that shouldn't be a problem anymore