NCAA 2015-16

keirre21

We can use this to determine the studs on the NCAA 2015-16 rom.

Phil Steele's 2015 Preseason All-American Teams

http://www.philsteele.com/All_Conference/2015/2015%20Preseason/All-American.html

Edited by fatcheerleader

I typed up Phil Steele's Unit Rankings.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxjtn2l0lBBZeWduWXdHZk54UEk

I just added them as is and didn't eliminate the teams we aren't using OR add teams that are missing.

Phil Steele's Magazine is so detailed but shockingly it doesn't have what type offense or defense each teams run.  I'm sure we can find a site that has that info and I'd guess Keirre can do most of them off the top of his head!

Edited by fatcheerleader

Keirre, your Sooners pulled that out!   Wow that was close.  Arkansas is out, Tennessee is back in.  Toledo is still out, unless you dump Cincinnati.  If we agree that we are doing most of the Top25 and then adding 7 others why would we not include Georgia Tech?  I think they replace NC State.  Virginia Tech was supposed to be Top 20 like you posted earlier but their QB is gone so it doesn't look good for them.

Florida is in.  Make them #32.  Stop the madness.

Edited by fatcheerleader

Keirre, your Sooners pulled that out!   Wow that was close.  Arkansas is out, Tennessee is back in.  Toledo is still out, unless you dump Cincinnati.  If we agree that we are doing most of the Top25 and then adding 7 others why would we not include Georgia Tech?  I think they replace NC State.  Virginia Tech was supposed to be Top 20 like you posted earlier but their QB is gone so it doesn't look good for them.

Florida is in.  Make them #32.  Stop the madness.

Here's my thinking behind including certain teams and not others.

First, I want to remind everyone that I said wait until the 1st four weeks are over because of injuries and it's hard to get a good idea of who might be good after a 1-2 weeks.And some teams will be surprises

Injuries will play a huge role, for example  UCLA (best DL) , BYU ( Very good QB) , Arkansas (best RB), N.D. (very good QB), Va Tech (starting QB for 4-6 weeks), Pitt (top 5 back in the nation) and a few others have sustained huge season ending injuries. So that changes the landscape

So Ga Tech (ranked 16), why would I leave them out? Well before the season I saw at ND, At Duke (who beat them LY), NC, at Clemson, Pitt and FSU and said they will lose half those games and they then had to play VT, at Mia and UGA to close the year. I thought they were a 5 loss team. And they very well could be, but a for sure loss to Notre Dame next weeks looks to be a W and playing Pitt without their grat RB in between clemson (who they don't beat on the road) and FSU doesn't look so daunting. VT will have their QB back by then so I sill think VT is the better team.

Speaking of VT, I saw them as a 10-2 or 9-3 (at worst) team. But that injury might make them a 9-3 team at best. Now a direct benefactor of that is NC state. The wolf pack has the best QB in the acc, a very easy schedule (should open 5-0) before playing VT at night on a Friday. I thought they'd lose that game but iff Brewer isn't back for VT, they have a good shot to win that. They have their best team since Russell Wilson was here. So I can see a shocking 10 win season.

The sec is a different beast they have 8 teams on the rom. Florida was never a consideration going into the season. I had a solid 7 teams in. Tennessee made it in as my 8th team and Kentucky was the only other team I considered from the conference. Tennessee lost a game they had in hand vs a team I think will be in the playoff (meaning top 4 by end of the year). Florida plays at KY and vs Tenn the next 2 weeks, so if they won both those games I'd put them in easily. But if they lose both they have  Ole Miss, at Mizzou, and at LSU the next 3 games. UF could be looking at a 2-5 ( or 3-4) start. I had UF as a 6-6 team on the year so I didn't thin they deserved a shot.

Take the AAC, I thought Cincinatti would win the division with Temple and Houston right behind them. After watching Houston today, I know they will be heavily involved in deciding who wins that conference. With Temple beating Cincinnati on their home field, I'd actually put temple in and take Cincy out. I think Temple might be a 9-3/10-2 squad this season.

I reversed course on NC and Penn State because they both haven't solved their huge issues from last year. And if Stanford loses to UCF tonight they will be out as well.

I totally see what you're saying.  Maybe we should wait until the season is over to make this rom.  I think roms should be made before or after the season ideally.  Before the season you're guessing and it's just fun while after the season seems to be the only logical solution to me because you know where everyone stands.  It's what I did last season.  Making one during the season will always have us debating.  

We have different philosophies on how we want the rom set up too and may not be able to come to a compromise.  I think we should include anyone "in house" as Buck said that post their favorite FBS team.  So, my 2-10 Florida Gators, Baron's UNDEFEATED Syracuse squad, and TecmoMonster's nerdy 5-20 Purdue team would all be in the rom.  I don't feel like a few losing or lesser teams contaminate the rom.  They just make the loyal TBorg fans happy and that's cool.  They're the ones we know will be playing the rom.

After some thought, I think we should go ahead and still make one during the season, calling it v1.0. Maybe one update during late october (still with the same teams) call it v1.5 and then make a v2.0 after the season.

Anyone who is part of the team working on the rom should have their team included not matter how bad they are because of the effort required to make the rom. And we can work out other teams from there.

NCAA 2015 is the base rom from last season with all the helmets done (still nfl rosters from 32 team rom). I have a later edition with the correct rosters.

Ncaa 1 is the excel file with rosters from last season but with the Ole miss and Georgia rosters updated with beginning of this season's rom

And I included pics of title screen and the 2nd screen following the tecmo rabbit from a couple roms that I lost

I posted the 32 teams I wanted for this season

Otherwise I haven't done much.

My advice is to find pambazos88 because that kid is a genius with editing roms. He did all the helmets and screenshots very quickly.

NCAA 2015.nes

ncaa 1.xlsx

post-7789-0-77815900-1442627048_thumb.pn

post-7789-0-47956200-1442627049_thumb.pn

The helmet work is awesome!  Wow, I stink at that and really love when people are good at it.

I think we (I mean Buck!) uses the Phil Steele ratings I posted earlier and start doing the ratings for each teams units.  Problem is, he can't until we decide the final 32 teams we are using.  I saw your Excel sheet and feel like we still aren't decided on teams.  If you don't want to wait until the season's end then we just gotta pick them.  We can't change them weekly.

If we decide to include smaller schools that's fine but I think we limit it to 4 and they go in their own division.  And, if we want to have an Independent division with Notre Dame, Boise, etc then that's cool too.  I just want the SEC, BigTen, Big12, Pac12, and maybe ACC to just be those teams to keep the integrity and rivalry play alive.  I don't want to do a season with Florida and play Georgia Southern twice.  I can't afford two losses!  haha

AFC = SEC East, SEC West, ACC, Smaller schools collection

NFC = BigTen, Big12, Pac12, Independent

In real college football...

Missouri is struggling with UConn right now!  UConn QB transferred from NC State.  UConn 6-2 at the bottom of the 3rd -- sounds like MLB!

The helmet work is awesome!  Wow, I stink at that and really love when people are good at it.

I think we (I mean Buck!) uses the Phil Steele ratings I posted earlier and start doing the ratings for each teams units.  Problem is, he can't until we decide the final 32 teams we are using.  I saw your Excel sheet and feel like we still aren't decided on teams.  If you don't want to wait until the season's end then we just gotta pick them.  We can't change them weekly.

If we decide to include smaller schools that's fine but I think we limit it to 4 and they go in their own division.  And, if we want to have an Independent division with Notre Dame, Boise, etc then that's cool too.  I just want the SEC, BigTen, Big12, Pac12, and maybe ACC to just be those teams to keep the integrity and rivalry play alive.  I don't want to do a season with Florida and play Georgia Southern twice.  I can't afford two losses!  haha

AFC = SEC East, SEC West, ACC, Smaller schools collection

NFC = BigTen, Big12, Pac12, Independent

In real college football...

Missouri is struggling with UConn right now!  UConn QB transferred from NC State.  UConn 6-2 at the bottom of the 3rd -- sounds like MLB!

The teams on the excel sheet and rom are NOT the 32 we will use. The 32 we use are the  32 we can come to some conclusion on

THe 32 that are on excel/rom are from my end of season 32 from 2014

Edited by keirre21