hoffnasty9

Hoff Resignation

I'd love to play in a tourney, though New England is unfortunately not much of a tecmo hotspot.

They were trying to get one going in Boston. Not sure what happened to it. I was kinda looking forward to traveling up there. MA is a nice state.

I hate the gains, even if we don't keep the player. I just don't see the point at all. I wish we could nix that part.

100% agree, makes no sense at all. Just add more juice to leagues. Can we get a petition going to stop all this FUCKING juice!

100% agree, makes no sense at all. Just add more juice to leagues. Can we get a petition going to stop all this FUCKING juice!

There were 24 gains last season (29 in 1970).  WAY more players aged or retired.  Plus rookies come in with their most likely line (by %), so none of them come in super studly.  I think the trend will be toward a less juiced pool of players.  The current pool of players, though, is far from ridiculous. 

The ridiculous amount of juice is THE reason I left after the inaugural season. Everyone had 63+ms & 63+int DBs.  It just wasn't fun watching DBs flying across the field to pick off anything in the air.

The gains system is a great idea but it needs tweaking.  I tossed around the idea of having a player gain 1 attribute per season and only be able to upgrade a specific attribute once per career. Example: RB Joe Blow receives a gain an upgrades his 44ms to 50ms in season 1. He cannot upgrade his MS throughout the rest of his career, but he can upgrade his other attributes but the same rules would apply for upgrading those attributes as well. With the players not being abled to gain any attribute after 1 upgrade they will not lose attributes as they age, they would only be more likely to retire as they get older.

Doing gains this way will limit the juice that a league could potentially create. I have yet to convince anyone that knows how to operate the WTF Phile system that this is good idea and help me get a league like this going.

See the distributions change every year and a lot of those defensive studs were old and retired. Rookies coming in are intentionally unjuiced. one tough season and you bolted because of the ratings? I don't buy that if I had done the ratings "correctly" things would be much different than they are now in terms of league owners.

I wouldn't call my only season a "tough" season. Yeah I finished 6-8 which, if I remember correctly, was good with a tough division I played in. There was no question that the ratings were extremely high in regards to the defenders. Its just an observation on why some guys or leaving.

Its just my opinion, which ultimately doesn't matter because the league seems to be operating well.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Edited by suicideking81

The ratings were inflated to start for sure, that was just because I took the original retro ratings and ran with them. If you're interested, check out this seasons Google document and you'll see the defense isn't as strong anymore.

My feeling is that people just don't have the time for as much Tecmo as they used to (and some don't have time for any). Hoping things pick up in the fall here.

The ratings were inflated to start for sure, that was just because I took the original retro ratings and ran with them. If you're interested, check out this seasons Google document and you'll see the defense isn't as strong anymore.

My feeling is that people just don't have the time for as much Tecmo as they used to (and some don't have time for any). Hoping things pick up in the fall here.

it will trust me but until then just cut it down to 20 and draft for 26 teams still so it dint get over juiced

I really liked the way the rom had more above-average defenders but I can also see why people like tsbgod are upset about it since you are actually penalized for chucking it.

The ridiculous amount of juice is THE reason I left after the inaugural season. Everyone had 63+ms & 63+int DBs.  It just wasn't fun watching DBs flying across the field to pick off anything in the air.

I kind of figured the DBs were as such to make this rom more like the late 60's / early 70's where football was more run-centric.  That is mostly the case-- only if you have one of the 2-3 elite QBs or WRs can you chuck it in this league.