Sign in to follow this  
rmm1976

Resignation

I've decided it's best for me to resign before the draft/offseason goes any further.  I have been strongly considering it for weeks now, already told Gats and a few others about it.  Then opted to stay, which was the wrong decision.  So this is the end of the line for me, for now.  Apologies for snowballing on top of the other owners that have left, but being that several solid guys are on the wait list I think the league will move on without a hitch.

Honestly between the frustrating game dynamics of online tecmo (lag, tapping, etc.), losing so much the past half-dozen seasons (some of you don't know the feeling, but try to imagine), desire to spend my time doing other things (even my "gaming time," I'd rather be playing something else)...  And more recently things like the Fairfield vote and draft craziness, just confirmed for me that I need to step away for a while as my mind is burnt out along with my gameplay.

I'll probably come back at some point, but not going to sign on the wait list at this time.  I'll finish out the season in HSRL and then probably taking a year or two off of tecmo entirely.  Hope you guys will have me back some day, I'm not without issues but I did get games in and stayed active.  Best of luck to everyone personally and I will see you around!

-Rob

Dang, the onslaught continues.

Just an observation, but I think part of the issue is HSTL is too Efficient now.  The next season starts before the other ends.  When I first joined there seemed to be a lot more time between seasons, which made me crave tecmo more.  But that's coming from me who's got "too much shit going on"  and tapped out a week ago.

Anyways glad we have a strong waiting list, I think new blood will do the league good.  I'm sure most of us will be back on the waiting list by the New Year.

Dang, the onslaught continues.

Just an observation, but I think part of the issue is HSTL is too Efficient now.  The next season starts before the other ends.  When I first joined there seemed to be a lot more time between seasons, which made me crave tecmo more.  But that's coming from me who's got "too much shit going on"  and tapped out a week ago.

Anyways glad we have a strong waiting list, I think new blood will do the league good.  I'm sure most of us will be back on the waiting list by the New Year.

SPOT FUCKING ON

There is little to no interest in the playoffs because of this.

Edited by regulator088

SPOT FUCKING ON

So make us interested.  Schedule your game on the forum so people have an idea when it's getting played.  Make sure it gets recorded and posted so people can watch / care.  A quick perusal of the forums shows there were about 27% of games recapped (~60/224) this season.  Tough to expect too much enthusiasm for the state of the league when owners aren't contributing in this fashion.  Manyo was great at promoting this stuff (in HSRL too) and it's too bad he left. 

Also, if we don't start anything until the playoffs are over then it's tougher to bring everyone back and on the same page.  Doing it now it's easier to get it done so that when this season is over transitioning to the next one is pretty seamless.  I'd be in favor of delaying things until after the playoffs if people in the playoffs made playing their game a high priority instead of waiting until it's convenient.  Seeing that that's not always going to be possible (vacations, etc.) I think it's better to do the off-season while everyone's still connected.  Again, not my ideal setup, but the lesser of two evils IMO. 

We only set ourselfs up fast. Draft wont be timed till next sun as of now and since im not running it, if someone wants to wait longer then that to time it thats cool as well.. There is nothing wrong with setting urself up early so u can run smoothly when its time

Edited by joeygats

SPOT FUCKING ON

I think you may be right about this.

I'm not sure WHO and I'm not sure HOW but we can do a lot better job of promoting the playoff games.

I totally understand why people are quick to embrace the draft (especially those like me that are rarely in the playoff hunt).

The problem with that is, that it does kind of make the existing playoffs seem sort of irrelivant, because however many owner's have for all intents and purposes moved on to the next season.

Toolie called for better promotion from the individuals - and I think that would help - but I also think that putting some league controls in would be a good idea.

I really enjoy watching the playoff games. I REALLY wish War was still around to make some great playoff vids. His work in HSRL is on another level - although I think drake did some good stuff.

Either way, if we put some rules in place for all playoffs games to be recorded, sent to the commish or something, then promote when they're either streamed or put up on youtube, I think that would be great. I'd even be willing to stream / promote as long as a regular schedule was NOT expected. I'd need some help figuring out how to upload to youtube. And if someone with some more flair would be willing to do previews that would be great.

As far as videos

1. Its like an 30 min process to upload to youtube...with no editing. With editing its WAY more. probably 1-2 hrs. 

2. Streaming is probably the best way. I'm still not sold on it not possibly causing spike lag since its sending data constantly...but I'm probably wrong since I've only tried it once or twice. 

So make us interested.  Schedule your game on the forum so people have an idea when it's getting played.  Make sure it gets recorded and posted so people can watch / care.  A quick perusal of the forums shows there were about 27% of games recapped (~60/224) this season.  Tough to expect too much enthusiasm for the state of the league when owners aren't contributing in this fashion.  Manyo was great at promoting this stuff (in HSRL too) and it's too bad he left. 

Also, if we don't start anything until the playoffs are over then it's tougher to bring everyone back and on the same page.  Doing it now it's easier to get it done so that when this season is over transitioning to the next one is pretty seamless.  I'd be in favor of delaying things until after the playoffs if people in the playoffs made playing their game a high priority instead of waiting until it's convenient.  Seeing that that's not always going to be possible (vacations, etc.) I think it's better to do the off-season while everyone's still connected.  Again, not my ideal setup, but the lesser of two evils IMO. 

This.  Overall its just a very time consuming process to do the promoting and people seemingly have just enough free time to get their games in. 

What is the recent obsession with using tapping as a losing excuse?

Anyway, GL and obviously we hope to see you back soon

Well clearly for Rob it made a big difference. He went from winning ~10 games a season when he could win every grapple(turbo)  to winning 4 games a season. 

That's 6 games a season. That's pretty big.  Seems like a somewhat valid excuse. 

FWIW - I'd be putting them on the tubes edit free.

And the stream would just be streaming the .nsv.

I don't see much point in streaming the individual games. Likelihood of people being there to see it is pretty slim, and I think it probably causes lag.

I don't see much point in streaming the individual games. Likelihood of people being there to see it is pretty slim, and I think it probably causes lag.

Good point

If lag is a concern it's just as easy to stream a game you already played.  You can walk away while it goes or hang out on twitch

Excuses. From everyone.

1. It seems like most everyone records an nsv. Playback the nsv through Nestopia and then "stream" it. It takes 20 min total to do this and then click one button to export to a youtube channel. You can literally walk away at that point and it uploads to the channel automatically. It take little effort for anyone to do this once you are set up.

2. I get tired of not having Joe, QB Bills, Browns, or Eagles every season. Not going to quit because of it though. The tapping thing again has proven my point, but I am nor speaking anymore on that in this thread.

3. People are quitting in most part because of time. Not just this league, but others. Extreme rom pushing, draft now or die, and here's what I think we should do is not helping.

So... play the stinking playoffs, recap and record games, and then draft and play season 34.

Long live Tecmo

If lag is a concern it's just as easy to stream a game you already played.  You can walk away while it goes or hang out on twitch

This is what I meant to say I was willing to do. If others would send the .nsv then I'd be willing to stream it. Of course they can as well - I was just saying that if they were to do so, if anyone was going to stream the game, they should let folks know about it, to try and draw some viewers.

seriously extreme rom pushing? please stop it

we been on same rom schedule since s22 i think. dont even try that

draft isnt being rushed either we rushed through round 0 which is a good thing.

all these lies to hide the fact tecmo been dying this year. nothing has changed in hstl besides timing round 0 this off-season

but if it makes you feel better and sleep easier then create all these fantasy stories in your head i guess yawnnnnn