(NES) Tecmo Convergence 2

Baron von Lector

thumb-e666cb8b766b24726f3a1b163820cd25-c03.jpg

File Name: Tecmo Convergence 2

File Submitter: Baron von Lector

File Submitted: 02 Sep 2015

File Category: Misc ROMs

This ROM is a NES-exclusive and is an upgrade to the previous SNES/NES Tecmo Convergence that I release a month or so ago.

When we last left the battle, in the year 2069, Supreme Emperor Jerry Jones captured 28 of the greatest NFL teams throughout the history of the NFL and put them on the field in his own demented real-life game of fantasy football. The Houston Oilers were promptly destroyed but five more teams entered the fray in hopes of taking their spot, feeling disrespected that Emperor Jerry had overlooked them: the Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Carolina Panthers. This brings the participant count to an even 32-teams.

I used TB.org's base 32-team ROM as the basis of this update. Using Tile-Layer Pro and FCEUX's Hex-Editor, I even dabbled a bit in the realm of sprite and hex editing.

Let me know if I've overlooked anything. When transferring some of the data from the SNES ROM to the NES ROM, I found some of the skin colors and faces had to be corrected.

Click here to download this file

Baron, I am certainly digging the Convergence 2.0!  I was wondering if you could ask the Emperor Jerry Jones if it was possible to have the stats posted after every quarter and have the minutes adjustable for a season in the next version (I have it set at 6 in the opening screen, but still defaults to 5 for a season).

Awesome version!  Appreciate the hard work.  Hope the Emperor will approve my suggestions above.  :)

I have zero to little control over the gameplay mechanics of Convergence.  Nor does Emperor Jerry.  He just likes to play real-life fantasy football.  I was able to make this ROM using a pre-made 32-team base ROM provided on this site and an editor that was created by somebody else.  I am just now getting my feet wet in the waters of actual hex-editing (see Nintendo World Cup 2014 and Melo vs. Lebron: One on One).  Might I add your requested edit in the future?  Maybe.  But for now, it far surpasses my level of expertise.

• 1 month later...