The Ultimate Tecmo Challenge

brandonj47

First game 14-28, though with an interesting play - Fulcher got tackled by (man controlled) Grogan and fumbled it back to the Wimps. Pretty funny.

Second game I was up 16-10 with 20 seconds left. Eagles dumps it to Jackson and he has to run like 60 yards through my backfield, including me (I've got Carl's little brother Mark Lee) - Bo breaks both of Mark's ankles then breaks the Home crowds hearts when he ties the game. I got in Lowery's face on the XP attempt, but no block. 16-17

Still, I feel pretty confident that my next try whenever that will be, will be successful. Great team or not, preseason CPU still leaves WR open most of the time.

post-5222-0-03639000-1439856305_thumb.pn

Edited by drake

Woohoo!

THAT was some serious Tecmo fun. 8th try. Monsters punt it down by 4 with 2 minutes and change, instead of going for it. Harbaugh widdles away the clock for the victory.

I can't believe I kept the Monsters to 69 yd.

attachicon.gifWimps victory.PNG

What kind of Rick James Superfreak defense is that?!

Am I completely missin somthing???..........What's this challenge about???.......what are the rules???.......and who the fucc are the Whimps and Monsters???..............This must be an on-line thing.

I didn't get it at first either.  When I looked closer at all the names, I think it finally sunk in.  It is essentially a team with the worst players in TSB, and a team with the best.

I am looking forward to giving it a try on!

Okay, it seems we have two different kinds of challenges going on...

post-14470-0-62830900-1439924156_thumb.p

^ This is the playbook I played against. It's standard issue, no editing required. I don't know. For me, there is something about the looming threat of Barry or Bo housing one from anywhere, any time.

As far as lurching goes...Personally, it's been so long since I lurched I don't even think about it. And I'm sure I'd be terrible at it, but it's a free country. Do what you want.

The point is, if anyone here held that team to single diggies with the reggae (restaurant terminology) playbook, screenshot it. Video it. But I gotta see that shit. No disrespect, I just want to see what Rick James Superfreak Defense looks like...

@toolie, I was also wondering who that impostor is.

Well I did it. Should've been 21-10, but Wilkins dropped a wide open pass in the EZ. Could've really been 21-3, if not for Fulcher returning a 65 yard INT (on a non-picked play).

Was fun, thanks for the idea! Now playing this matchup on playoff mode, now that would be close to impossible I imagine.

post-5222-0-59394600-1439938154_thumb.pn

This is what's funny..................If I put Johnny Johnson on the Wimps against the Monsters, (and that's the only change to the team) not only would I win considerably, I'd rip those muthaphukkaz for 150 yrds in two different catagories in the same game, and put up at LEAST 4 touchdowns...hell, I deal with those odds every tournament anyway using the Cardinals...it ain't no different...that's why I consider myself one of, if not the greatest Tecmo baller in the history of the game...and you can believe that.

This is what's funny..................If I put Johnny Johnson on the Wimps against the Monsters, (and that's the only change to the team) not only would I win considerably, I'd rip those muthaphukkaz for 150 yrds in two different catagories in the same game, and put up at LEAST 4 touchdowns...hell, I deal with those odds every tournament anyway using the Cardinals...it ain't no different...that's why I consider myself one of, if not the greatest Tecmo baller in the history of the game...and you can believe that.

Can I send you a cart with this change and you record us some videos?

Can I send you a cart with this change and you record us some videos?

If you can do it, you're a better man than I.

post-5893-0-66682100-1439946354_thumb.pn

Key to this challenge is to not bother running. Find the right pass plays that leave you an open guy constantly.  

Some skill but mostly luck defense either via called plays or the random number generator

ultimate tecmo challenge = video poker

what if I told you that you could waste all of your accrued lifetime philanthropist wealth and there's free drinks and yes you can sit on yer biscuit and smoke cigs all day?

There's no way I'd waste hours of my life playing video poker.

What kind of Rick James Superfreak defense is that?!

Okay, it seems we have two different kinds of challenges going on...

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-08-18-14-54-44.png

^ This is the playbook I played against. It's standard issue, no editing required. I don't know. For me, there is something about the looming threat of Barry or Bo housing one from anywhere, any time.

As far as lurching goes...Personally, it's been so long since I lurched I don't even think about it. And I'm sure I'd be terrible at it, but it's a free country. Do what you want.

The point is, if anyone here held that team to single diggies with the reggae (restaurant terminology) playbook, screenshot it. Video it. But I gotta see that shit. No disrespect, I just want to see what Rick James Superfreak Defense looks like...

I'm with you Brandon, no lurching on challenges like this -- I also never play as a D-lineman, as I might accidentally lurch. No playbook changes either. The only change I made was subbing in QB Bears for Grogs. 

I really wish I had recorded my 69-yd Rick James Superfreak effort. With as much as I play Nestopia, I ought to have it figured out how to do that.

So I'll briefly explain my strategy:

It revolves around LB4 Jamison. The Monsters' playbook is nearly all pro-set. So I pick pass 4every time, then either prepare to cut down Eagles before he springs it, or cover like hell if it's a picked play.

If the Monsters pick pass 2 or 3, I blitz with Jamison. If they pick pass 1, then hallelujah, I take Eagles to the turf,

If the Monsters pick run 1, I am generally able to throw the OL blocking me, then get Bo before he bounces the corner. On run 2, I go straight up and dive at Bo (not a lurch if you're an LB4). On run 3, I run around the pulling OLs and get Barry before he bounces.

I nearly always pick pass 1 on offense, as there are five passing options, with two short and one long. On blitzes, dump it off to your rb1, who probably has gotten chucked so it's a safe incomplete pass.

Even with this strategy, it takes a lot of luck. This the masochistic enjoyment!

I won my first game of the regular season 14-10 against the Oilers.  Played very conservatively, though I depended on running the football in order to control time of possession and run out the clock if need be (that way, I won't have to worry too much about keeping the opposition from entering the end zone).  Took some chances on the couple times I found myself on 4th down, since I knew that I wouldn't stand a chance in hell if I settled for field goals or punted away the ball.  And in spite throwing two picks, I minimized my mistakes, and won the game.

Edit:  Just beaten the Atlanta Falcons on week 2 24-21 on a last-second field goal.  They wound up scoring twice on special teams--once after a kickoff to close out the first half, and again off of special teams.  Provided my special teams don't allow any points, all I have to do to keep winning is to force the opposition to punt, and score on every possession if need be.  Also, to always aim for the second half kick-off.  Also, if the ball is punted, and the game can be won, I've already won.

Now, tomorrow, I will have to go play Denver.  My team.  Don't feel too good about that matchup.

Second edit:  Also, I would like to ask, what exactly is Lurching supposed to mean?

Edited by Mike Gordan

And I finally got my arse handed to me by John Elway and the Denver Broncos 35-21--and two of those TD's I scored were last-second scores to close out both halves.

Luckily, my tactics have kept me with the league's number 1 defense all across the board.  Still, all I have so far have been a single forced fumble recovery.

Got the week 4 bye.  Now I have to get ready to face the Chiefs.  I'm on in Kansas City.  I'm on in Kansas City.