Centralia, WA - 08/29/15 - Manyo's Mayhem 5: A Homage to #29

manYo

pnw, whats clappenin!!!......... sounds good, ok ANNOUNCEMENT: whoever gains the most total yards with e-dick in a game will take home this fine ass prize.... an ED action figure, oh yeah.... 

71lxMCPUwXL._SY355_.jpg

each player will have at least one chance at this treasure, as described below...... any regular season or playoff game is eligible for this contest.......  however, in order for "total yards" to be calculated (rush + receiving), rb colts stats must appear in the end of game boxscore......... also, there a few more stellar #29 themed prizes, to be announced down the road!

now for some words on the FORMAT........ here's what i'm thinkin: a round robin "regular season" to start with no elimination, which then seeds into a double elim championship bracket AKA "the playoffs"......... so a classic WORLD CUP FORMAT, generally speaking............but the deets will include a few twists, as follows:

REGULAR SEASON (ROUND ROBIN): well, first the PLAYER matchups for this portion of the tourney will be either random, predetermined or chess-ladder style (or quite likely some mix thereof, for a reason described below)......... one variable i need to solve for that is to know how many people are coming for sure (on that note: hard DEADLINE for committing to tourney will be august 22, mahalo), as i really would like to finish this tourney before 8pm this time (always a challenge!).......... anyway, the round robin results will be used to seed the bracket tourney later, so no eliminations here...... the twist tho comes with the TEAM matchups: first off, i'd like to announce that the everdrive rom will now include 2 IND teams, so it will be capable of a same teams matchup with the colts only (i will ensure the unis are diff colors)..... and in fact, during this round robin part of the tourney, the everdrive e-dick tv system will be REQUIRED to run a IND/IND matchup...... furthermore, each player will be rotated into this tv system during the round robin, so that each player will be forced to participate in that IND/IND matchup one time, thus providing everyone a chance to experience the #29 flavor, and therefore also a shot at winning the action figure if u want it bad enuf........ so basically the round robin will probably consist of as many rounds as we need to give everyone a rotation into the e-dick tv system before we move on to the bracket.......... (if we go more reg season rounds than we need to meet that objective, then the e-dick system will drop the IND/IND requirement and function under the same rules as the other systems, as follows...)............... now, as for the other tv systems during the round robin, pay attention cuz the twisting aint over: before the tourney, each player will choose a team matchup, which we will then put into a hat (no exact 2-team duplicates allowed tho)...... then, before each round, we will draw one of those matchups from the hat, and everyone not on the e-dick system must use that matchup, and will then roll dice with their opponent to determine the choice of either team or player-side........ so for each round of the round robin, every tv system (except for the e-dick system) will be running the same team matchups, diggit......... each matchup can only be pulled once from the hat, and if u happen to be on the e-dick system when/if we pull your matchup, then eh tuff break............. ok, so the round robin results will then be used to seed the double elimination tourney, using total wins as the determinant, with tiebreakers being (in order): head to head, total e-dick yards (in 1 game), total point differential.

PLAYOFFS (CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET): the playoffs will consist of a seeded double-elim bracket, and the team matchups here will open up to madison-style (roll dice, winner calls matchup, loser chooses team or controller-side)......... each player can only call a specific matchup one time in the playoffs, unless it includes a #29-infused IND matchup (which includes an IND-IND matchup possibiliy), in which case there will be no such restrictions....... so if anyone calls a matchup including #29-IND, then they can use the e-dick system for their game....... but if two or more people in a given round call such a matchup, then lets just say the better seed# of the player that called the matchup is the tiebreaker (so #2 seed would trump #5 seed, for example, and get to play on the e-dick system)......... also, if someone calls a #29-IND matchup, but cant get on that tv system, then they can repick a diff matchup.......... playoffs will roll on until one man remains standing.

to be announced later:

• prizes and payout structure
  • other rule considerations (prob just madison-style otherwise)
  • specific schedule for the tourney
  • deets on the pickleball tourney
  • other ???

and as always, folks are free to stay here at coffin corner (AKA coughin' corner, AKA my house) friday and/or saturday nites and party it up or down as you see fit..... theres space to crash in the house for a handful, and space in the yard for several more (i have a ton of tents), just bring a blanket or bag and pillow...... and the pickleball possibilities are much more open that friday evening and sunday morning, i should add............. also: byo beer and food, but a bbq will be available, a corner store and burger joint are down the block from the dojo, and pizza is also deliverable at that spot... country cousin by I-5 is a great restaurant for breakfast, and the centralia burgerville off the freeway is the northernmost burgerville I believe (?), and is good fast food.

i will also e-mail this and more info soon... but i tell you right now, i'm pumped and primed for this one!!! here's just a small sample of how committed i am to winning this f'n mayhem: no alcohol for me until i'm eliminated! (but the championship smoke will stay billowing, of course... y'all gonna find out who the REAL puff daddy is, SNATCH... )

Edited by manYo

What Manyo wrote.

What I read.

well, it's a tall order (taller than 22 oz. of mike's hard lemonade, i'm afraid)..... but i'd like to offer you a few cultural lessons randolio, for just a small fee...... but teh first lesson is on me, ok? so here it is------

first, walk down to your local weed store (perfectly legal here in the great PNW, btw!), and pick up some shit........ imbibe/inhale/eat said shit........ then watch this vid about 50 times and reclaim a significant portion of our shared cultural heritage you apparently missed in yr youth:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y38Ec57yMG8

Edited by manYo

well, it's a tall order (taller than 22 oz. of mike's hard lemonade, i'm afraid)..... but i'd like to offer you a few cultural lessons randolio, for just a small fee...... but teh first lesson is on me, ok? so here it is------

first, walk down to your local weed store (perfectly legal here in the great PNW, btw!), and pick up some shit........ imbibe/inhale/eat said shit........ then watch this vid about 50 times and reclaim a significant portion of our shared cultural heritage you apparently missed in yr youth:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cyfV7mllWo

Ha ha Ha ha hA!!!!!!!!!!!!......{CLASSIC NW $#!t TALK}............I'm Dyin' over here!!!!!!!!

I'm in for sure. Format sounds like a lot of fun. I'm going to be in Vegas until Friday night so I can only do the pickleball tourney on Saturday. I can come early on Saturday though.

Well prepare to get yo A$$ handed to ya, and then run over by Johnny Johnson just like the rest of the guys in the Tourney.

>https://twitter.com/gomanyo360/status/632262978243457024

everyone at the tournament will get a door prize: an eric dickerson card...... we got 8 eric dickerson IND cards, 3 cards from his vaunted daze with da Raidazzz (aka the WHAMMY cards), and the one autographed card above......... there will be a random drawing to determine who gets which card......... gl!

Edited by manYo

First of all, no one dumb enough to tell me to shut up to my face.  Second of all, if you're gonna be the one to tell me to put up, why don't you put yo money where yo mouth is.

i aint that dumb, true......... cuz my defense will do it for me.......... and I'll back that up with a $2 bill any olde time, homez.

to be announced later:

• prizes and payout structure
  • other rule considerations (prob just madison-style otherwise)
  • specific schedule for the tourney
  • deets on the pickleball tourney
  • other ???

WHO'S IN SO FAR?

1. Manyo
  2. Tailback King
  3. Turtle Van #1
  4. Turtle Van #2
  5. Kamphuna
  6. Bogart
  7. Gripsmoke (probably)
  8. Sir Ted (maybe)
  9. stu (50/50)
  10. invader star (???)

this morning I will e-mail a few more details out....... I will only send it to the people listed in the quote above, ie those who have expressed interest..... let me know if I missed anyone, plz..........

mahalo

10 people signed up?????????...........Maybe?????..........What kinda bullshit is this???????????  I swear, life is SHORT!!!!!!!!!!  Some people need to grow some balls, tell their broads they got somthin to do, and make it happen..........too many people take these Tourney's for granted...If I had it my way, and never needed to work, I'd take flights to every one of these Tourney's world wide, and report live from every state or country I was in.  NO FUKK!N JOKE.  If you in a relationship with someone who don't wanna see you havn' no fun, hangin wit yo boyz like 2wice a year, (if that) doin whatcha loved to do since you were like nine years old, then kick the punk b!tch out the window!!!!!!!..........

........................................you shouldn't be wit her anyway.

You guys should be all over this. Might be someone's last chance to claim some type of title before I move back the NW and close the BOOK on that scenario, or in Ted's case, at least get better than 3rd...

What da fucc you mean close the BOOK??????!!!...........Ain't no outsider comin' to my neck a da woods and closing anything.......You can't say $#!t till you play me.  

(p.s.  Since you seem to think your so damn good, I challenge you to a Prowbowl game the first time we play...Everythings basically even, and I still get to run all over yo a$$ with Johnny Johnson, without it costing me a loss because the Cardinals failed me)

Edited by ~Tailback King~

Looking forward to the showdown, man. Maybe you are like Obi Wan Kenobi or somethin, some last hope of the old guard type shit, bout to mess up my empire...

But sure, we could do that. Should I go with the AFC and sub in some equally mediocre dude like Lorenzo White so its even?

There's only one Obi Wan and he's kinda important around these tecmo forums...

Looking forward to the showdown, man. Maybe you are like Obi Wan Kenobi or somethin, some last hope of the old guard type shit, bout to mess up my empire...

But sure, we could do that. Should I go with the AFC and sub in some equally mediocre dude like Lorenzo White so its even?

Ha ha Ha Ha Ha.................pretty fukk!n funny.. Guess what???  FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKK YOU.  You gonna find out the hard way about the oldschool, and what hidden stats are all about.  My 'mediocre Tailback' is gonna put his foot up yo teams a$$.....with no vasaline.

(And yes....................you are the AFC)

any requests for the tournament music playlist???

80's and 90's Gangsta Rap.....It'll keep everything intense, the way it should be at a 1991 Tecmobowl Tourney......  The Tecmo gods visited me in a dream last night and told me to tell you Manyo to make it so.

Here's some names:

Eazy~E

R.B.L. Posse

Ice Cube

MC Ren 

Dr Dre

Brotha Lynch

Mr Doctor

Spice 1

Too $hort

Celly Cell

B~Legit

E~40

DJ Quik

MC Eiht

N.W.A

Comptons' Most Wanted

Master P

C~bo 

Lunasicc

Blacc C

Daz

B.O.N.E.

Kurupt

Sir Mix~A~Lot (Washingtons own)

The Ghetto Boyz

Scar Face

Willy D

Bushwick Bill

Ant Banks

MC Pooh

Kam

Mista Grimm

Volume 10

D.O.A.

Delerious Da Nut (also a Washingtonian)

Warren G

Mack 10 

W.C. and the Madd Circle

Coolio

Cypress Hill

Beastie Boyz (you GOTTA play the song Whatcha Want!!!)

Nate Dogg

South Central Cartell

Ice T. (Colors is a MUST)

UGK

Bun B. 

Pimp C.

Domino

Bloods & Crips

Paper Boy

MC Lyte

Yo Yo

Marvalles

Digital Underground

Run D.M.C.

Wu Tang Clan

Too Live Crew

Kool G Rap

Nasty Nas

The Coup

The D.O.C.

Ritchy Ritch

Lil' Bruce

Mac Dre

Mac Mall

Doobie (aka Suga Wolf Pimp)

Young Lay

Khyree

Anything off the Boyz 'N' Da Hood and Menace to Society Soundtracc's................

..............$#!t, that's just off the top of the head.  

Take one song off of every artist I just named, you'd have one hell of a Tecmobowl Soundtracc........

.........not to mention one hell of a trigger ta make everybody start fiendin' for some Old English, Colt .45. or St. Ides!!!

(Yes......you are all welcome for the ULTIMATE 90's Gangsta Rap party list)