Centralia, WA - 08/29/15 - Manyo's Mayhem 5: A Homage to #29

manYo

Just peekin at these Pro Bowl rosters... I didn't realize Hidden Stats McGee was actually on the NFC's. AFC also has a couple questionable choices, for instance Steve Atwater and Albert Lewis. All in all i'd say I like the matchup as is as fair. I also like the soundtrack choice. Suppose all that's left is to decide whats at stake.

But yo, while you ponder that, just keep in mind...

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hIhHLYaqYk

WHO'S IN SO FAR?

1. Manyo -- CONFIRMED
  2. Tailback King -- CONFIRMED
  3. Turtle Van #1 -- ???
  4. Turtle Van #2 -- ???
  5. Kamphuna -- CONFIRMED
  6. Bogart -- CONFIRMED
  7. Invaderstar -- CONFIRMED
  8. Gripsmoke -- CONFIRMED (PROBABLE... but leaving the back door open in case a van full of strippers pulls up and asks him to go camping... which is damn near the story of how i got married one time, but anyway...)
  9. SirTed -- CONFIRMED (PROBABLE... he needs to sort out train pick up and drop off, or whatever he's doing to get down here... let us know teddy we can help you out, and I can also try to wrangle the tourney times within the train table times, if possible)

POSSIBLES?:

• joe and/or stu? (texted stu this morning, we'll see what comes back)
  • burn1 and/or biGGverne? (these guys are my local tecmo budz, but another bud has a wedding that evening so they might just make it for pickleball and/or the Round Robin rounds before they bounce...)

TBK, let me know how many, and WHO, will be riding shotgun in ya posse on the #29th!  Grip and Ted let me know ASAP plz if you guys can't make it..... mahalo.

I'll need to send out another e-mail in the next few days with some final instructions such as address info, and a few other stuff.

You guys should be all over this. Might be someone's last chance to claim some type of title before I move back the NW and close the BOOK on that scenario, or in Ted's case, at least get better than 3rd...

Uhhh moving back the northwest. Ur not allowed to move from buffalo. Until u beat me in best of 7 match. And i ain't ganna fumble 7 times and give blocked kick td scooper this time

Not allowed to move til I beat you best of 7? Okay.ey

Then that means I can move tomorrow, cause I'm gonna r3gt45school you TONIGHT

Get some

#BuffaloShowdown

I am the keeper of the western gate. I already lost mort (whealing n dealing in coulmbus ohio) and lou Raguse (doing the gopher report on da local Minnesota news) and laztlain ( touring europe as rock artist). Your . Were the last of the mohicans. For the sake of louis lipps and nesby Glasgow your not moving yet. Edited by red98sethuthut

well boyz, after one helluva epic pnw summer, weather-wise (AND tragic same time, re: fires)........ looks like some rain and thunderstormin' this saturday, so I'm going to go ahead and cancel the pickleball tournament....... i mean, if you want to play pickleball, go right ahead, no problem, but it won't be championship caliber conditions, so I can't put my {official} seal on it........

so I also might as well go ahead and move the tecmo tourney back to 1pm start (instead of 2)....... I'll send some e-mail action out later today or tomorrow morning regarding these changes and the address to the dojo if you need it, and other shit.......... mahalol!

Tailback is to Tecmo what I used to be to my high school varsity basketball team, with the only difference being that he cusses.

You musta been REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAALLLLY good then!!!  Woulda' never guessed it.  You were probably the guy on the team the other players tossed up the ball to, then you'd catch it 3 feet above the rim, tomahawk it, then throw it down two handed.....I can picture it all now...You in your prime, demonstrating pure, unbridaled, natural, god givin' ability...Fucc football, if I were to have a player of your caliber and stature to look up to when I was little, I'd probably be in the NBA now.   :)

(p.s.    You're not showing up so you probably shouldn't be talkin' $#!t...by the way, when' the last Tourney you even attended?)

Edited by ~Tailback King~

ok sent an e-mail out but I will also post most of what i sent right here:

• PICKLEBALL CANCELLATION: looking at the weather forecast for Sat. (rain/thunderstorms), I’m gonna go ahead and CANCEL THE PICKLEBALL TOURNEY….. big bummer for sure – we’ll try again next summer…
  • NEW TOURNEY START TIME – 1pm: because of the pickleball cancellation, I’m gonna go ahead and MOVE BACK THE START TIME OF THE TECMO TOURNEY TO 1PM….. preseason is gonna open up around 11am, so feel to show up at the Dojo starting then….. Teddy needs to be picked up at the train station at 11:30am, so I might need to bounce out to get him real quick, unless I can recruit another agent for that task, but someone will be there at that time so feel free to come down early and either scrim it up or use the bbq or kitchen to cook some food, etc…..
  • FRIDAY NIGHT BATTLEZ: are happening, Burn1 and Verne say they are coming down to my house (which is not the same as the Dojo) on Friday night, anyone else wants to join in feel free, and feel free to crash out at my house as well Friday and/or Saturday nights….. I always got a few free mattresses floating around the house/yard to pass out on, no probz.
  • TOURNEY FEES / PRIZES: entry fee is $20……. I will take out $65 for the prizes (see below), and then 2nd place will get their money back and 1st place gets the rest of the loot….. other prizes are as follows:
    • PRIZE #1: autographed Eric Dickerson card… this will be a random drawing… everyone will get an E-Dick card, but only one is autographed… basically after you submit your declared matchup for the Round Robin (see below), you can do a blind draw for an Eric Dickerson card… gl
    • PRIZE #2: Eric Dickerson action figure… whoever gets the most total yards in a game (if it shows on end of game boxscore) with Eric Dickerson gets this action figure… everyone will have at least one chance during the Round Robin to play with E-Dick to get this prize.
    • PRIZE #3: Eric Dickerson “Robo Back” poster… the winner of the tournament receives this awesome throwback poster.

• GENERAL TOURNEY SCHEDULE: I’m scheduling each round of tecmo to take place in a 30 minute time frame… please try to discipline yourself to get yr games in on time… during the round robin, there should be 5-10 min periods for smoking/bs, whatever, but that’s about it….. I will schedule a 30 minute time period for after the round robin for a bigger break, and everyone should see some break time during the playoffs, or a really big break once you get bounced of course…… hopefully it works out like that, eh?
    • 11am—1pm: Preaseason battles, grub, etc.
    • 1pm—3:30pm: Regular Season (round robin)
    • 4pm—8pm: Playoffs (bracket)

• TOURNEY FORMAT: we will start with 4-5 rounds of Round Robin tecmo battles, followed by a double-elim bracket style tournament for the championship….. details as follows:
    • Round Robin, AKA “Regular Season”:
      • E-DICK TV: everyone will get a shot at the one TV with RB Colts on it (using an “Everdrive” cart), and I will draw for those matchups before the tourney starts….. on that TV, you will play IND vs. IND, an even teams matchup, against whomever you draw…. this is your chance to go for the E-Dick action figure prize…..
      • REMAINING TVs – TEAM MATCHUPS: everyone else will play a team matchup which will be randomly drawn from a hat before each round…. these matchups will come from us, the players, basically we will all submit one matchup before the tournament begins (and only one, and I will make sure they don’t duplicate anyone else’s), and then draw for the team matchup before each round….. then we roll dice / flip a coin to see who gets which team and controller side for that matchup……
      • REMAINING TVs – PLAYER MATCHUPS: the player matchups will be based on a random draw for the first round, then swiss style (best vs. best, and down the line) for the rest of the round robin, with no player playing any other player more than once…… the round robin will last as many rounds as it takes to get everyone a game on the E-Dick system, then we move on to the playoffs…..

• Bracket, AKA “Da Playoffs”: everyone advances to the playoffs, a double-elimination bracket-style tournament….. all players will be seeded based on the standings at the end of the Round Robin…..
      • TEAM MATCHUPS: in the playoffs, flip a coin / roll the dice to see who calls the matchup… you can call any matchup you want, Madison-style, but you can only call it one time total in the playoffs (your matchup in the Round Robin doesn’t count)…… except for IND/IND, which you can call an unlimited amount of times….. if more than one person calls IND/IND though, then the person who has the better seed # will get priority for that TV, and the other person(s) will have to re-call their matchup for one of the regular TVs…..

• TOURNEY STREAM / LIVE RESULTS: I will be streaming/recording this tournament, focusing on the E-Dick TV, but with capability of switching them when need be…… if someone wants to volunteer to help me with this, mainly in terms of remembering to type in player names before each round, that would be appreciated……

• GAME RECORDINGS: I offered this possibility last tourney, but I’m better prepared for it if anyone wants to take advantage…. I have multiple set-ups to record NES games using splitters and some cheap capture hardware I’ve acquired…. all you need to do is bring your laptop, and if you set it up with the OBS recording software, it’s a snap to hook it up……
  • BEER / FOOD: the Dojo is a private residence, so you gotta pack in yr own food and beverages….. a bbq will be available, as will the entire kitchen, use em as you need em….. pizza can also be delivered, pizza hut would be my vote….. a few blocks before you get to the Dojo, there is a small market (Pearl Street Market) and a bbq/burger stand as well….. and Safeway is a bigger store just off I-5 before you start navigating back to the Dojo…..
  • ADDRESS / NUMBERS: see e-mail

As of yesterday, my attendance became official.

With this news, I'm reminded of Larry Bird at the 1986 3 point contest...

"Which one of you guys is going to finish second?"

That poster, that figure is mine. Have fun with the scraps, boys. See you on Saturday.

bird3.jpg

Ted..........Your full of $#!t...............I'ma be the Chuck (RIFLEMAN) Person to your Bird...except "I will" win the series, the poster, and the starting linup...and there aint nothin yo a$$ is gonna be able to do about it chico.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnI1IJ0xh9w

Edited by ~Tailback King~

2............Money V & Chalky White..........PM me your address!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ASAP!!!!!!!!!!  or E~mail me...or fuCC!n call me......TONIGHT!!!!!!

good god man, i e-mailed you this morning, also tried calling you this morning (left a msg), and sent you a PM 5 minutes after you posted this, but don't look like you saw it yet.......... dunno, it's at THE SPOT, glrw!!!!

it is fuckin BLOWIN here at the dojo today!  the gods are making their presence known!  the power remains ON at the moment...... but if it does go off, we will just have to battle in the backyard: hurricane pickleball, tornado basketball, etc.

stream is up and running... includes a camera on the IND vs. IND console, as well as an ambient room microphone..... fun!  will do what i can to update, but for the first handful of hours it will be round robin play..... then the bracket will be up and running later tonite, mahalo.....

2nd post of this thread has stream and stuff: http://tecmobowl.org/topic/65875-centralia-wa-082915-manyos-mayhem-5-a-homage-to-29/?p=448679

Edited by manYo