Sign in to follow this  
madmanyo360

HSTL S32 Divisional Playoffs -- MIN (hamburgler) vs. SF (bruddog)

Ay caramba! what a divisional round of playoff games, all of them close and decided at the final gun... and this one as well, in a repeat of a great Week 1 matchup (BATTLES: Episode 1)... this time, hamburgler and his Vikings look to defend their S22 NFC title, bringing Okoye, Stevo Young, and a motley but beastly-effective crew of defenders to the battle to take on bruddog's 49ers, an up and down team all season looking to ride a good wave into the next round, captained by Phil Simms and a fine pair of pass snatchers (Sanders/Clark), and the killer "B's" on defense, Browner and Byrd.

>https://youtu.be/FNTnMEp5ILQ

Edited by manyo360

GG guys! Gotta say after playing the Bungler several times I think his defense is highly underrated. He never has anyone flashy but is able to accomplish quite a bit with his one or two pedestrian MAN defenders. GL!!

The bungler?  Really?  This will probably catch on now.  Thanks alot.

I needed to score on that opening drive so I could be more in control of the pacing. But I blew it at midfield. Maybe a 50+ FG would have been better in hindsight. Hard to say.

And of course later in the game another Simms misthrow to the deep WR leads to an int. Story of my season. Couldn't force a fumble or int again despite a few chances on picked pass 4's.

Thought I was going to get lucky in OT when burgler forgot? to put a good Okoye back at RB. But I got the dreaded short middle and deep top WR open despite calling pass and choosing a LB. Had to concede the FD. 

GG Burgler. 

And of course later in the game another Simms misthrow to the deep WR leads to an int. Story of my season. 

Really?!  Not against Denver LOL...  Simms to Sanders all game even with a 56 INT DB back deep.

Yeah, I fairfield'ed it and left Okoye in at WR for a few plays there.  STUPID. 

Also, did you like Bruddog's commitment to covering WR2 with Browner on that pass3 on 2nd and 5 with about 2.5 minutes left?  SWORE at some point he would break off and cover WR1.  He took the gamble and played it very well, hovering off screen.  It probably would have been better had I thrown it and had it intercepted, as it would have taken less time off and I might have gotten back down the field into FG range, but instead I took the MONSTER sack, ruining my drive.