Sign in to follow this  
madmanyo360

HSTL S32 Divisional Playoffs -- NYJ (regulator) vs. NE (dukesta) -- "The Majik City Miracle"

Two titans of tecmo tapping square off here in this instant HSTL playoff classic which you simply won't want to miss.  Having split the regular season contests, and much of the tap-off battles as well, Regulator and his J-E-T-S juGGernaut led by the B-Hump (3,160 rush yds, 23.2 ypc) and zippy Tolliver (133.2 rating, 3rd in HSTL), ranked 1st overall in offense and defense this season by yards gained/allowed, marched into this epic battle against Duke's dynamic duo of Majik and Thurmal, in a grudge match for the ages.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mltMnbC3n1s

Exciting game. What is up with the lightning?

thought i was part of some government experiment conjured up by el commandante.. the game was so good i couldnt turn away ahhhh.. good stuff.. congrats!

Edited by ChaosConffetti

I started watching and was like "this is over" after thermal died and scrolled down to Regs message and kept watching.  Still thought Reg was going to win up until that last pass.  Nice job Dukie!  The andre waters juiced fumble dance was crazy.  And the JJ's, the JJ's.  It's like a knuckle baller, when it's on it's tough to stop.

GG guys.

AFC bEast

I ALMOST skipped to see the final score after thermal got injured.  Then I ALMOST did the same thing once Reg went up by 2 TDs.  Thank god I watched the whole thing end to end.  Pure insanity.

It's been a while since the tecmo god's took one away from me. I can't be mad, but Duke better win it now :mad:

Nice of you to say and be humble dude.  You played pretty much the perfect game there, literally the only mistake being on the TD pass in OT.  If it were Gats he'd be ranting on the boards and screaming to high heaven for days over this one haha.  Surprised he hasn't commented yet!

Between Taylor converting several 4th downs on JJs and the fumble at the end plus losing the toss, one of the worst "tecmo god's" losses ever.  The Majik City Miracle.  Unforgettable playoff game, that's for damn sure.

Nice of you to say and be humble dude.  You played pretty much the perfect game there, literally the only mistake being on the TD pass in OT.  If it were Gats he'd be ranting on the boards and screaming to high heaven for days over this one haha.  Surprised he hasn't commented yet!

Between Taylor converting several 4th downs on JJs and the fumble at the end plus losing the toss, one of the worst "tecmo god's" losses ever.  The Majik City Miracle.  Unforgettable playoff game, that's for damn sure.

post title edited to include "Majik City Miracle"

i disagree. the JJS had to come after he lost thurman so that evens that out.  the fumble at the end was regs fault. on the onside he could of ran forward and prob scored no idea why he ran backwords when humpry picked it up. def some bad luck but its more so a combo of bad luck and the worst choke ever.

The loss of thermal does not equal that many 4th down JJs in my opinion.  And that first NE TD was lucky in itself (after the bad luck of injury), it seems like the Jets defender ran right through the backup RB who got in by a millimeter!

At the end I wouldn't call it a choke either.  He was running around with B-Hump to try and kill clock on the KR.  The only bad thing was calling the called run2 play, but Reg probably overthought it by thinking Dukesta would call pass thinking the Jets would just heave a bomb to kill the rest of the clock.  And it still wasn't a choke, b/c the odds of a called run plus a fumble were very slim and he'd been running at will all game.

The loss of thermal does not equal that many 4th down JJs in my opinion.  And that first NE TD was lucky in itself (after the bad luck of injury), it seems like the Jets defender ran right through the backup RB who got in by a millimeter!

At the end I wouldn't call it a choke either.  He was running around with B-Hump to try and kill clock on the KR.  The only bad thing was calling the called run2 play, but Reg probably overthought it by thinking Dukesta would call pass thinking the Jets would just heave a bomb to kill the rest of the clock.  And it still wasn't a choke, b/c the odds of a called run plus a fumble were very slim and he'd been running at will all game.

Losing thurman is pretty huge because he is likely not in a position to need as many JJ's but who knows. The luck was close but dukie gets the edge

BAD LUCK DUKIE

Thurman injury

Reg recovers two of his own fumbles

BAD LUCK REG

Fumble return with 1 min left to near goalline

4th and 21 JJ for TD

Lose OT toss

Reg had a nice 4th down conversion at midfield and Dukies conversion on 4th and goal was also nice.  In overtime Reg gambled on 4th down and left the WR running free. 

I'm not going to call it a choke but the run 2 just seemed like an un-needed risk to call the up the middle run where there is no hope of escape or getting out of bounds if its picked. He had other options that could where he'd be able to throw the ball away or get out of bounds.

He basically only needed to run one maybe 2 uncalled plays to end the game and then punt away the win. 

And as gats said it looked like humphrey might have been able to run in the onsides for a TD effectively ending the game as well. 

Regardless an EPIC game to watch...its never over till its over. 

A great, great game by both competitors -

But some of the reactions might be even more epic!!

Question for Dukie - after losing every single grapple throughout the game, what made you run backwards (in OT) with Taylor the engage Reg after the long bomb? Great play no doubt, but I'd love to know what you were thinking. Element of surprise? Raw confidence?

Either way - great game, guys. And as others have said - It's nice to see anyone, let alone the best, take a loss like that without a bitchfest. Well done, sir.