C8 and C7 commands

I've been editing RB instructions and I can't figure out what the C8 and C7 commands do.  From jstout's command list doc, I realize that C8 XX XX XX is a pointer, and C7 XX XX XX is a "random" pointer (whatever that means).

I do know that when I replace the first 4-byte C8 command in a RB's instructions with directional movement code like D8 08 C8 DF (I add DF at the end to give the COM control after moving to those coordinates), that the RB tends to start running backwards after breaking his first grapple.

Any help?  I can't find the answer for this anywhere in the forums.

C7/C8 are COM/COA jumpers. When your team is Hum controlled the Coa (C7?) will not be read. I don't remember both using the format C8 xxxx xx/C7 xxxx xx. I thought one just had the C# xxxx only. Been a while since I looked at the original coding. (We have recoded the whole play commands so I'm a little sketchy on this right now). But if I'm wrong they work like so:

The C7 COM looks like so:

C7 34DA 06.

The 34DA is the jumper the COM controlled players use to jump to the boosts usually. It is randomized by taking a random # (00-0F) and compared to the 06 (or whatever # is in that coding) that then returns back to the code via the FE command. The FE uses the byte after to jump x spots. (00-7F jump forward and 80- FF jump backwards)

The C8 COA command looks like so:

C8 88DE 07 - (Think it's more like C8 88DE with no# at the end)

The 88DE is a location to jump to. If there is a # after this code it is used to determine the jump based on a random # (00-0F) against the 07 (or whatever the number may be for that coding). If I remember correctly, it tends to jump to different movements codes for computer players and does not return to the original code. I'm pretty sure this doesn't have the last # on it. If it doesn't then, only when your team is in Coach Mode will this pointer be used. If not then it's skipped completely.

Hope this helped.

Edited by drunken_honkey

OK, then I guess I shouldn't be replacing those codes.  Definitely don't want to take out any boosts and it does make sense that C8 pertains to movement since, after taking out one of those commands, the RB ran backwards after a grapple.  Thanks honkey, that helps a lot.

I think Xplozv has a Defensive guide on the site. It pretty much breaks down the play coding. If you can't find it on the boards PM me and I'll shoot you a copy if i still have a copy of it.

And who you callin' honkey, cracker?

Edited by drunken_honkey

C7- JUMPS to the location if the player controlling the TEAM is COA/COM

Example:  C7 00B0  = Jump to B000 if team is controlled by COA/COM

C8- JUMPS to the command depending if the player controlling the TEAM is COA/COM AND if the juice level is greater than the threshold embedded in the command

Example C8 00B0 08 = Jump to B000 if team is controlled by COA/COM  AND CURRENT JUICE LEVEL is >= 0x08.  (8 wins 0 losses) 

Max Juice level is 0x0F

I thought DF needed the FE FF afterwards? Could be wrong on that though

I think the FE FF is needed for rare cases but possibly you could get away without it. I haven't really tested it. The actual code for DF is an endless decision loop so it shouldn't break out of there on its own. 

C7- JUMPS to the location if the player controlling the TEAM is COA/COM

Example: C7 00B0 = Jump to B000 if team is controlled by COA/COM

C8- JUMPS to the command depending if the player controlling the TEAM is COA/COM AND if the juice level is greater than the threshold embedded in the command

Example C8 00B0 08 = Jump to B000 if team is controlled by COA/COM AND CURRENT JUICE LEVEL is >= 0x08. (8 wins 0 losses)

Max Juice level is 0x0F

I was in the ball park. Kind of, sort of. Again its been so long since we used the original coding. Don't think I've ever heard of the last number being the juice code. Always thought it was for random comparing. Good info, may have to revisit the original coding and add... wait, i'll keep this one for myself. lol. Thanks bruddog, as always shedding light on all those dark areas of the coding.

Great info, bruddog, thanks.  So if I short-circuit all those jumps by replacing the first C8 command (in a short string of C8/C7 commands) with the DF command, then that RB will effectively perform at a "preseason" level of juice for that play?

Well, instead of replacing any of those C7 and C8 jumps with the DF command in order to get the RB's to start "thinking" earlier in the play, I decided that a better option was to just change the coordinates to shorten the RB's pre-mapped route (for example, coordinates for the HB Open R play are attached, with red boxes representing the original programming and the yellow x's being the new coordinates I inputted).  I've done this for all the handoff sweep plays in my playbook and it works pretty well.

post-10763-0-88042000-1434799933_thumb.j