Sign in to follow this  
regulator088

HSTL 32 AFC Playoff Preview

The game: Houston (Stalltalk) vs New England (Dukesta)

The Skinny: This game is sure to be an offensive showdown. Each team has mediocre defenses, but powerful offenses. This game is pretty simple to me, it comes down to this: Houston's ability to connect on its hail mary's. Satlltalk has his typical type of offense relying on his ability to toss it up and hope for the best. Jeffries is averaging a ridiculous 40 yards/reception. Duke's defense doesnt pose much threat of stopping this type of play. I anticipate Duke to have little resistance moving the ball as long as he can avoid picked plays, though. The Pats have to worry about 1 man only, Dave Waymer. Which owner will manage the game/clock better and avoid the crucial mistake? Time will tell!

Prediction: Duke squeezes out a win 24-21.

The game: Indianapolis (Tecmopsycho) vs Kansas City (Luckytool)

The Skinny: This is the game of the week IMO. Two players who continue to get better at the game. Both teams are well balanced with Ind repping the better offense and KC the better defense. What's the breaking point you ask? I believe Indy's defense has enough to create a stop or two, whereas KC will still have to rely on a few picked plays to generate stops due to the dual threat of Ware. KC's offense is just a little underpowered and it will be tough to consistently move the ball (ironically though they have a better PPG than Indy!). Expect this to be a thriller going down to the wire. Can't wait to watch the vid here!

Prediction: Tecmopsycho contunes his tecmo success with a 17-14 win.

Nice write-up!  That TP vs Toolie matchup is a dream wild card.  I hope a vid is posted or stream or something, that is sure to be a great game.

Nice write-up!  That TP vs Toolie matchup is a dream wild card.  I hope a vid is posted or stream or something, that is sure to be a great game.

yes, post or make the vid or send it to me (winner or loser) or another vid-head, please!  and mahalo

Edited by manyo360

KC v IND rematch. In the first matchup both teams flipped the script with KC pounding the ball and IND going more yards out of the passing game. KC has home field which could matter for an onsides or fumble recovery luck plus some of the metric advantages. It's always tough to win the rematch but I'll take KC 

KC 17 IND 14

HOU vs NE This should be a wacky wild scoring affair. Dukie has the tap edge here but Houston comes in with a pretty solid run defense and pulled out a win vs TP another great tapper. NE doesn't have much on D to slow down the attack and HOU may get a few chances for JJ int's although prob not many. The metrics favor Stall on this one as well as Dukie is getting out rushed and out passed on a per play basis while HOU is the opposite.  I'm guessing a TD not a FG decides this.

HOU 28 NE 21

TALE OF THE TAPE

11bb2796e8.png

KC v IND rematch. In the first matchup both teams flipped the script with KC pounding the ball and IND going more yards out of the passing game. KC has home field which could matter for an onsides or fumble recovery luck plus some of the metric advantages. It's always tough to win the rematch but I'll take KC 

KC 17 IND 14

HOU vs NE This should be a wacky wild scoring affair. Dukie has the tap edge here but Houston comes in with a pretty solid run defense and pulled out a win vs TP another great tapper. NE doesn't have much on D to slow down the attack and HOU may get a few chances for JJ int's although prob not many. The metrics favor Stall on this one as well as Dukie is getting out rushed and out passed on a per play basis while HOU is the opposite.  I'm guessing a TD not a FG decides this.

HOU 28 NE 21

TALE OF THE TAPE

11bb2796e8.png

Hou has a solid run D? We lookin at the same team? One man defenses rarely win championships.... Db 3is easy to run against especially when you're getting outtapped

In terms of yards and yards per attempt allowed they did well. Obviously dukie's team will present a tough challenge. But it the low yards per attempt suggests hes at least limiting big plays.

And Mecklenburg at lb4 is borderline useable for diving etc.

Who said anything about championship...im just talking about this one game.

Sorry. Being friends with Stalltalk in real life I had to have some fun with this one. And, pick on him a little.

I mean if you want to be blunt about it :P

My bad, I'm not trying to diss Stalltalks defensive skill. It would be tough for anyone to stop Thurmal with just Waymer.

I mean if you want to be blunt about it :P

My bad, I'm not trying to diss Stalltalks defensive skill. It would be tough for anyone to stop Thurmal with just Waymer.

hahahaaha No worries. I was just having some fun.  ;-)

I had this whole damn thing written up after 35 minutes of typing.... and then I misclicked Chaosconfetti's screen name in the chat box and lost it all... FML

Raiders 28 - 24 over Indianapolis

Jets 21 - 14 over New England