Sign in to follow this  
bradbears81

Offensive & Defensive MVP Voting

Season 32 Offensive & Defensive MVP  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Choose 1 Offensive MVP for Season 32

• RB Bobby Humphrey: JETS - Can't argue 23.5 YPC, and can he amass 576 rushing yards in 2 games for the record?
    • QB John Elway: WAS - 69% passing/ 8:1 TD to INT Ratio / 3rd Highest All time QB rating / Beat Gats for division
    • WR Anthony Carter: PHX - 81 rec. (30 more than ANY receiver) / 3,353 rec. yards (most ALL time) / 36 TDs (tied most ALL time)
    • QB John Fourcade: KC - 23 TDs & 4 INTs / over 5% of completed passes are TDs / Top 8 QB Rating
  2. 2. Choose 1 Defensive MVP for Season 32

• LB John Offerdahl: IND - 8 sacks & 2 INTs is a VERY solid season for any Linebacker
    • DB Martin Mayhew: WAS - 10 INTs & 1 sack / Tied for league lead in picks
    • DB Gil Byrd: SEA - 10 INTs & 0 sacks / Tied for league lead in picks
    • DL Robert Banks: DAL - 8 sacks (2nd in league) with only 50 HP, that's BOSS!

Two record setting years on offense and a very tight race on defense!  Please vote for your Season 32 MVP Candidates!!

FYI - I set the voting to private so that others in the league don't begin to rally for votes just because so & so voted for them.  Vote with your heart, not your brain!  :)

Edited by bradbears81

Elway is impressive but with a small sample size.  To put things in perspective, Elway has 16 TD 2 INT and QB Browns has 49 TD 4 INT.  Honestly this is B-Hump in a landslide, even if the YPC is heavily impacted by grappling that is just insane.

On defense I'd go with Mayhew-- Manyo does get 1/2 of the MVPs  :)

You forgot to mention 38 HP LB Richard Harvey with 11 sacks.  That's a lot of drone sacks on called plays hah.

Byrd still has 3 games to play, although 2 of them are vs. Montana and QB Eagles. In the end I drafted Byrd to make up for MrT f'ing him with the imposter Byrd who stole a lot of his ints in Season 32, so mission accomplished in that regard.

Elway is impressive but with a small sample size.  To put things in perspective, Elway has 16 TD 2 INT and QB Browns has 49 TD 4 INT.  Honestly this is B-Hump in a landslide, even if the YPC is heavily impacted by grappling that is just insane.

I didn't put QB Browns in the discussion for a few reasons:

1.  JJ bomb session - I know there is a "slight" science to throwing JJs, but it's easily the least skilled ability in tecmo other than timing.  And that's no insult to Disasta, I'd do the SAME thing all day long!

2.  QB Browns wasn't close to any records this season

3.  Other than Carrier (DAL) and Mahew (WAS), nobody in his division is stopping the Browns-->Carter connection.  With half of the season being division games, it's too simple to just duck & chuck.

Just a few ideas on my behalf.... but I had to give the nod to AC being that all time records were broken. 

My thoughts are that this is MVP voting, not POY voting. The Jets were going to go 13-3 or 12-4 regardless of roster and YPC. What Elway did was amazing (assuming El Comandante didn't upload the PA hack!).  :razz:  :razz:  :razz:  :razz:  :razz:

I wasn't saying QB Browns deserved a spot (not with his low completion %), I was just pointing out that Elways stats were "limited" in my opinion.

Basically a product of the system, albeit a hell of a system and a great season from Manyo.  It's historic from an Elway perspective since nearly everybody else has sucked with Elway, but there have been worse rated signal callers (see: Steve Walsh and BJ Tolliver) who have had as good of seasons.

Ok Odds makers,

Reg need 230 yards against me to break the all time record, and I think the current record may be a little asterisky if I recall as there may have been some running backwards on passes to get those yards.  

Does he get better odds than American Pharaoh to win the triple crown?

Kenny O'Brien ready, he is Born to Gun.

Ok Odds makers,

Reg need 230 yards against me to break the all time record, and I think the current record may be a little asterisky if I recall as there may have been some running backwards on passes to get those yards.  

Does he get better odds than American Pharaoh to win the triple crown?

Kenny O'Brien ready, he is Born to Gun.

Well, seeing as you are my last opponent and are aware of the amount needed for the record, I would say no.

#sadface