Green Bay, WI - 01/30/16 - Retro4Ever.com presents Tundra Bowl III

Welcome to Tecmo Tundra Bowl III, our third public Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament hosted by Retro4Ever.com! 

The most famous retro football game of them all, Tecmo Super Bowl is back and bigger than ever. Put your skills to the test in our third annual tournament open to the public Saturday, January 30th 2016 at The Watering Hole in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Sign up using PayPal to secure your spot including an exclusive t-shirt, then click the links below to read coverage from the previous tournament. Whether you’re a Tecmo veteran, a first-time player or you want to revisit your long lost love of the game, this is the place to be! A short drive from the shadow of historic Lambeau Field, The Watering Hole will be serving up specials all afternoon as you play for prize money!

This next installation of our tournament series will be bigger and better than ever! After nearly doubling our attendance from 2014 (26) to 2015 (49), we look to gain even more participants for the 2016 tournament!

To do this, we are guaranteeing a minimum $1,000 in cash prizes

Online registration is OPEN. We are capping our participants at 100 for Tundra Bowl III, and expect spots to fill up fast. The official logo, t-shirt design, and other pertinent information will follow in the upcoming months. We hope you can join us in Green Bay this coming January for Tundra Bowl III!

Time: Saturday, January 30th, 2016 @ 11 AM (Doors open at 10 AM)

Tournament Format: Group Play, top finishers will advance to a double elimination format

Maximum Participants: 100

Buy-in: $30, includes a T-Shirt

Prizes: Cash prizes for the top finishers

Signup: TUNDRA BOWL III SIGNUP

Rules: All rules can be found at retro4ever.com/tecmo-tundra-bowl-offical-rules/, and will follow the same basic rules that Tecmo Madison employs.

TUNDRA BOWL III PROMO VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcQTWDMfJwc

Previous News and Media outlet coverage:

Fox 11 News: 

Fox 11 News: 

Fox 11 News: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrYKNpYrt20

Tecmo Talk Radio: http://www.blogtalkr...tion--episode-3

Green Bay Press Gazette: http://www.greenbayp...-legs/21890317/

Complete Stats from Tundra Bowl I and IITundra Bowl Stats

CURRENT OFFICIAL REGISTRATIONS (as of January 29, 2016)

Click on Player Names for profile hosted on TecmoMadison.com

NAME HOMETOWN
1. Nathan S. (RetroNathan) Green Bay, WI
2. Swagz (Swagz) Greenleaf, WI
3. Josh A. (Coconuts) Oshkosh, WI
4. Troy E. (NMUFred) Appleton, WI
5. Tim O. Green Bay, WI
6. Quincy B. Waukegan, IL
7. Jay L. (HBK) Waukegan, IL
8. Rob C. (Faster Than A Speeding Beebe) Appleton, WI
9. Paul G. (Prime Time) Appleton, WI
10. Randy S. Pulaski, WI
11. Roman S. Pulaski, WI
12. Kevin K. (GFG4Life) Dunbar, WI
13. Jon B. Green Bay, WI
14. Troy F. Green Bay, WI
15. Shaun B. (Showerbabies) Sobieski, WI
16. Jesse D. (JD) Algoma, WI
17. Mike P. Green Bay, WI
18. Levi L. Green Bay, WI
19. Andrew B. Chicago, IL
20. Nate S. Iron Mountain, MI
21. Nick G. (Gio) Little Chute, WI
22. Erik T. (Thebes) Big Lake, MN
23. Matt A. (Flash80) Racine, WI
24. Ryan R.  (Rozy) Monona, WI
25. Rico R.  (ryanr33fulcher) Franklin, WI
26. Kevin M.  (Sweeps) Freedom, WI
27. Chad S. Appleton, WI
28. Tim U. Menasha, WI
29. Dustan F. Luxemburg, WI
30. Jared M. Madison, WI
31. Nick S. (Sanchez) West Allis, WI
32. Troy H. (PrimeTime) Franklin, WI
33. Adam K. De Pere, WI
34. Kurt H. (Hizzy) Waunakee, WI
35. Nate V. (the legend) Little Chute, WI
36. Ben B. Ixonia, WI
37. Jake R. Appleton, WI
38. Steven M. Shawano, WI
39. Wes L. (Fabulasfulcher) Waukesha, WI
40. Jason K. Sun Prairie, WI
41. Matt S. Sun Prairie, WI
42. Kyle V. De Pere, WI
43. Karl K. Luxemburg, WI

Edited by RetroNathan

This has to win the award for "tournament planned most far in advance!" Well done, Nathan and Swags.

I may be out of the country the last week in January, but that's still up in the air. If I can't make it, best of luck to everyone who goes, and look out for the bearded assassin Jeff B!

We're looking forward to having you up again for the tourney. Shaun's still steaming over the Round of 64 loss to you in Madison, and wants another shot at you. Always seems to be a tight game when you two play like in Tundra Bowl I. 

Only INT I threw all day was when I played him, so he can take solace in that fact..

Hopefully you guys can get the awkward morning news team to do more segments.  That's a pretty good lead-in to the tournament.  I'm like, how are they on TV they can't even talk.

Thanks. Yeah, we hope to nail down some more local media leading up to the tournament again. I felt that it was pretty solid of them to come around and promote our tourney. The newspaper reporter and cameraman from Fox 11 were pretty familiar with the game, and we had some good side conversations with them. Any publicity having to do with Tecmo Super Bowl helps us all by bringing attention to it, so hopefully more come out to do a story on Tundra Bowl III in January.

Thanks. Yeah, we hope to nail down some more local media leading up to the tournament again. I felt that it was pretty solid of them to come around and promote our tourney. The newspaper reporter and cameraman from Fox 11 were pretty familiar with the game, and we had some good side conversations with them. Any publicity having to do with Tecmo Super Bowl helps us all by bringing attention to it, so hopefully more come out to do a story on Tundra Bowl III in January.

That was definitely great to have some media promoting the tourney.  I was just joking around because the woman anchor didn't seem to know what was going on.  They should have put the cameraman on to do that segment if he knew the game.  

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

if only this were one week earlier I could make the trip from Louisiana. I'll be in Manitowoc for work January 17 - 22 and could stay an extra day or so to play in this fine event.

Any chance of a date change?

If it can't change, just message me. I live about 35 minutes from Manitowoc. I'll bring my NES for some live Tecmo if you'd like. Plus it'd give me some reps before that next weekend if it stays on that date.

​Had to make a quick decision this morning on the dates I'll be up there. Was hoping I would have gotten a quicker response on the possible date change, I didn't really expect them to move the date just for me, but it was worth a shot.  So we had to push it up to Novemeber. So I'll actually be up there November 15-20th. Its basically dead up there Tecmo wise during that time. I'll definitely make one of those tournaments up there whether it be Madison, Tomzcak Bowl, Lincoln or even the Tundra Bowl.

There is no possible date change. We are always the Saturday of Pro Bowl weekend. Sorry about the response time, I didn't see any Messages, so hopefully your dates change to be up here for that. If not, just hit me, Coco, or any number of Wisconsinites and we'd be willing to get together for some Tecmo on the side. We hope to have you up here for Tundra Bowl, if not this upcoming one, then in the future.

A side note to those following...official registration will open in the next month or so, with a definitive date announced as soon as we have one nailed down. We are only opening up 100 spots this year, and expect it to fill up fast with the media coverage and word of mouth. Stay tuned!!

This has to win the award for "tournament planned most far in advance!" Well done, Nathan and Swags.

I may be out of the country the last week in January, but that's still up in the air. If I can't make it, best of luck to everyone who goes, and look out for the bearded assassin Jeff B!

Any word on your availability for the tourney yet?

• 2 weeks later...

We at GBLAN aren't running any TSB NES tournaments between now and the Tundra Bowl, but we are getting together to practice at least monthly, if not twice a month.  We are hoping to get some extra bodies for bracket fodder for the Tundra Bowl.  We've had some decent talent poke our heads in that haven't played there yet.  Perhaps you can join us for an open game night in November.

• 2 weeks later...

Registration for Tundra Bowl III is now LIVE! It is limited to the first 100 players to signup, and spots will go fast! An awesome Tundra Bowl T-Shirt is thrown in when you register, while supplies last!

http://retro4ever.com/tecmo-tundra-bowl-registration/

11987203_1057882187589689_55055988093639

Possible shirt design for the tournament (a closer look):

12106713_1057882997589608_15445448245632

Edited by RetroNathan

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry you can't make it down this year Josh. We'll see you in Madison, and hope you can make it up next year.

Promotional materials are in the process of getting printed now. Also recently secured a local video game store to do in-store and tournament day promotions for Tundra Bowl! This year is going to be bigger and better than ever, especially with $1,000 in the prize pool.

• 3 weeks later...

We now have a cross promotional gig with Beef Juice of the Tomczak Bowl taking place December 12th in Iowa. Anyone who signs up for Tundra Bowl III while playing at the Tomczak Bowl receives $5 off instantly for our tournament in January. If six or more people register for Tundra Bowl while at the Tomczak Bowl, we will draw one lucky person from those who registered there for FREE entrance into the Tundra Bowl, a $30 value!

Edited by RetroNathan

JUST ANNOUNCED: CONSOLATION BRACKET WINNER TO WIN $50

Each year we've ran Tundra Bowl, there are players that are on the cusp after group play of making the double-elimination Tournament Bracket for the big money, but just don't end up with the point differential needed to make it to the dance. So this year, we are bring out a brand new aspect to Tundra Bowl with the addition of the CONSOLATION BRACKET. Once the top players from Group Play have been entered into the Tournament Bracket, the next 8 highest finishers that didn't make the dance will have a single-elimination, winner take all bracket to determine the winner of $50. No trophies, no hoopla, just a straight-up dogfight for the consolation bracket and the $50.

This way, even if you have a game or two where the Tecmo gods were vehemently against you, there is still hope of redemption in the Consolation Bracket, and more games to be had. 

As we are just about two months away from Tundra Bowl, I have decided it would be a fun aspect leading up to the tournament to feature some of the competitors that have registered on the site (the current list of participants officially registered is located here). This way, it gives some insight to the players, their Tundra Bowl history, and their overall officially recognized TSB tournament experience and record (according to tecmomadison.com). First up, a gentleman that is no stranger to the Tecmo Community.

Tundra Bowl III Participant: Josh A.

Nickname: Coconuts

Hometown: Oshkosh, WI

Overall Tournament Record: 27-10 (73%)

Tundra Bowl Experience: TBI, TBII

Tundra Bowl Record: 10-4 (71%)

Average Point Differential:  +12.6 PPG

2015 Matchups Called at Tundra Bowl: SD-MIN

2015 Teams Chosen from Matchups Proposed at Tundra Bowl: SD over MIN, DAL over PHX, NYJ over DAL, NYJ over NO, MIA over KC

Josh, a participant in both Tundra Bowl tournaments thusfar, has done well overall in both previous years. In TBI, he took third place, taking home a share of prize money. In TBII, while he won his group to get into the bracket, he went 0-2 to get bounced early. Certainly an anomaly, he looks to build from his strong second-place Tecmo Madison performance to take home the gold at Tundra Bowl III. He is the current favorite going into the tournament. 

Edited by RetroNathan