Dubuque, IA - 12/12/15 - Tomczak Bowl VIII

Save the date fellas.

5ZOCAZu.png

The premier kickoff to the winter Tecmo season returns with a new location and venue!

After seven years of calling Waterloo, IA home to the Tomczak Bowl we're moving things a bit east to Dubuque.

Registration is now open!!! Go here to sign up.

Check out the current bracket at http://challonge.com/tomczak8

Edited by Beef Juice

After seven years of calling Waterloo, IA home to the Tomczak Bowl we're moving things a bit east to Dubuque.

Can you tell us which part of Dubuque you're most likely to be stabbed in?

Dubuque is a good time. I got bombed there for the fourth of July once, and closed my night out in a bar with stuffed dead animals all over the walls. Just like my home town in northern Sconnie.

Note: if you find yourself in this bar, do not try to walk out with a dead animal. They don't like that.

Can you tell us which part of Dubuque you're most likely to be stabbed in?

None parts? Dubuque is surprisingly unstabby.

Dubuque is great, keep it out of MN...terrible food.  Do you have the Venue picked out yet?

We're going to be at Courtside Bar on the west side of town. Literally a stone's throw from a Holiday Inn Express across the street.

Dubuque is a good time. I got bombed there for the fourth of July once, and closed my night out in a bar with stuffed dead animals all over the walls. Just like my home town in northern Sconnie.

Note: if you find yourself in this bar, do not try to walk out with a dead animal. They don't like that.

That place would be Paul's Tavern. They boast all sorts of sweet taxidermy, all of which was hunted and killed by Paul himself.  They even have a god damn polar bear.  This place is amazing, has fantastic burgers and $1 drafts of Old Style.

pauls_heads1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can i use my free drink token from last year?

I just finished the bottle of Cedar Ridge Corn Whiskey the other night. It was purdy good. I was the lucky winner of the tournament raffle and won the bottle.

Yeah, I won the bottle of corn whiskey the year before. Pretty damn good stuff!

• 1 month later...

Hey Beef Juice, what do you think you'll have for a start time? Unless I get a new job, I'm likely working until at least 3 that day. I'm just over an hour drive away, so 4:30 would be reasonable. Then again, I'll prob just stop by to drink and watch everyone else play.

Yeah we're gonna start earlier than that. Probably like noon or one.

A quick rundown of hotels nearby.

Holiday Inn Express West (across the street from venue) - $109 a night

About a mile down the road:

Country Inn & Suites - $108 a night

Mainstay Suites - $110 a night

A little further but not terrible:

Quality Inn - $70 a night

Baymont Inn - $58 a night

And a little further still:

Hampton Inn - $88

Best Western - $97

Downtown (furthest):

Hotel Julien - $89 - $111

And for our super frugal friends:

Days Inn - $46

That should give you plenty of options. The Holiday Inn Express is the only one you can reasonably walk from. Anything else is going to require a car or maybe you're a master hiker, I don't know.

Edited by Beef Juice

A quick rundown of hotels nearby.

Holiday Inn Express West (across the street from venue) - $109 a night

About a mile down the road:

Country Inn & Suites - $108 a night

Mainstay Suites - $110 a night

A little further but not terrible:

Quality Inn - $70 a night

Baymont Inn - $58 a night

And a little further still:

Hampton Inn - $88

Best Western - $97

Downtown (furthest):

Hotel Julien - $89 - $111

And for our super frugal friends:

Days Inn - $46

That should give you plenty of options. The Holiday Inn Express is the only one you can reasonably walk from. Anything else is going to require a car or maybe you're a master hiker, I don't know.

You need to add $30 to the Days Inn amount since you will need to buy special Shampoo and a comb to remove the crabs that you will get from the sheets...so I've heard?

You need to add $30 to the Days Inn amount since you will need to buy special Shampoo and a comb to remove the crabs that you will get from the sheets...so I've heard?

Oh yeah. I only mention it because of it's price. I would probably not stay there. There's a Motel 6 on Highway 20 that's equally cheap but I can't vouch for that either.

IMG_1865_zpsipcldewo.jpg

Shannon is prominently displayed in my Garage In-between the Rat Poison / Shotgun Shells and Hockey Skates.

HAHAHA! I originally just read this message from my email feed (text only). Seeing the actual photo to go along with it is amazing.