allowing COM RB's to jump off the tracks early

3 hours ago, quince3800 said:

I have a problem:  I have a comeback route going on my rom.  The player is running to a D8 location (near the sideline, but in order to make things work I hade to enter in a MS boost (e3 09); otherwise the receiver won't be fast enough.  After this though I wanted him to reset.  I even entered e1 00 twice before ff 32 b8; however, the reset command doesn't take (presumably) because the receiver catches the ball before he hits the end of the d8 command (you have to lead the TE, otherwise it doesn't work).  Does anyone know if there's a clean way to fix this?  I'm thinking that I'll just wind up calling for the reset part way through the path to the d8 command and then finish it (so something like: e3 09 d8 yy xx for 2/3 of the way and then e1 00 d8 yy xx to desired spot), but that too might get funny I was wondering if anyone had any insight.

There isn't a good a way to fix this using the player script commands only other than trying to reset the boost as soon as possible.  If you ALWAYS wanted to reset the players top speed after a catch it could be hacked in.  

Why won't the WR be fast enough? I would think the COM defender would slow down as well. Obviously comeback routes vs Man defenders don't really work well in tecmo. 

59 minutes ago, bruddog said:

Why won't the WR be fast enough? I would think the COM defender would slow down as well. Obviously comeback routes vs Man defenders don't really work well in tecmo.

I should have spent some more time looking at this before posting.  It was a consistent for about two days (6+ hours of coding) and I was out of ideas for the moment....

You have to d7/d8 the defenders' paths to a point (I think there was a d9 map somewhere on the site and I need to re-locate it) at the end of the route runners' cut and then add an F3/F4 command because otherwise the COM'ed DBs snap back extremely quickly.  (I'll retest, but they were doing the opposite of slowing down).  Either my drawing (coding) of the route is off or offensive players simply aren't fast enough to get back to a thrown ball before the defender.  That might have something to do with the ff ## be code, but I don't know.  Also, I've altered the underlying speed hex (+2 on defense) to deal with the run game, so that clearly has something to do with it.  To be sure:  I've cancelled out all MAN defensive play to allow called defensive plays to really react the way they're "drawn up" (and you can shut people down too easy if the defense works well and then you have a MAN player too).

I'm presently at:  F3 21 pause needed for other routes to clear out, this is the 3rd read | D8 27 00 | D8 27 60 shift out and go to a location down field | D7 01 01 | D7 00 02 round out to keep speed | E3 09 boost | D7 03 F8 much-shortened boost-effected distance | E1 00 reset | D8 3B 28 continue to desired location (i.e., "come back"--needs further editing) | FF 32 B8

** (this is being thrown to the bottom sideline to a TE lined up at the inside most slot position in a trips formation; RS-RP-MS skill:  31-31-31 versus a LB with the same skill, but I had the same problem with a 38-38-50 WR against an equally attributed CB)

This (D7 03 F8) seems to work, but I'm going to try Tecmonster's suggestion tomorrow.

Edited by quince3800
specifying a point about the defenders' D7/D8 paths