The Quest For 32 - TSB4's Journey to Completion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 12:40 PM, DrunkenGamer said:

It will be ready when it's ready.  This won't be released until we have everything we want in it...

For those as excited as I am about this project, keep in mind that Drunken has consistently responded in this manner from day one. He has never been comfortable giving timelines, which I can see for good reason.

To Drunken, I hope you take such inquiries as a sign that you are investing time into something good that people are excited about, and are encouraged by them. While I would love to see this tomorrow, I'm not the one putting the resources to make it happen. For me, I have just really been appreciating the project updates when they come, and hope they they continue to come as the weeks go by. Keep up the amazing work. I have no doubt you will accomplish your goal.

11 hours ago, MoltoAbsurdo said:

For those as excited as I am about this project, keep in mind that Drunken has consistently responded in this manner from day one. He has never been comfortable giving timelines, which I can see for good reason.

To Drunken, I hope you take such inquiries as a sign that you are investing time into something good that people are excited about, and are encouraged by them. While I would love to see this tomorrow, I'm not the one putting the resources to make it happen. For me, I have just really been appreciating the project updates when they come, and hope they they continue to come as the weeks go by. Keep up the amazing work. I have no doubt you will accomplish your goal.

I appreciate the response.  It is really close to being done, my life has settled down over the last couple years and I have more time to work on this.  

Remaining items:

Bug for the year end rewards - not working.

Bug for returning from injury - I kind of know what is happening, need to rewrite the code to load the color palettes.

Bug for in game player face flash graphics - not showing the right jersey for away players.

Plays - This is a big one, but when we get enough, we will release a beta for playtesting and bug finding.

Play graphics - depending on what we find, might be able to load tiles based on the players in the game

Rosters - easiest part left, just waiting for a clearer roster picture for teams.

Side stuff upgrades:

expand the alternate jerseys

Button over WR for the madden passing controls

expand the faces for players and created players

That NCAA game we never finished.

Still working the end of year awards bug.  Can't seem to pin point what happened and why it quit working, but I do know when it is supposed to write the code.  It appears that something is broken in that part as I found the RAM location where it is displayed during the end of season final records screens happen.  So I just need to figure out why it isn't writing it to the SRM file.  

• 2 weeks later...

Let's just put this right here...

Still have some coding to do after the snap.  This will fall into our new ratings, the icons, if I can get it all figured out, will stay above the players heads, but depending on your QB coolness rating, when the QB runs around, the icons have a chance to disappear while the QB is moving.  This should help differentiate Upper tier QBs from mid to lower.   

image.thumb.png.b86acc8932b4bc2226c456e6219f9352.png

I was wondering TSB3 have some known glitches like the fumble glitch, the freeze when someone goes for 2 during changing roster. and the jumping out of bounds. They will be fixed right? 

7 minutes ago, VGifted said:

I was wondering TSB3 have some known glitches like the fumble glitch, the freeze when someone goes for 2 during changing roster. and the jumping out of bounds. They will be fixed right? 

Jumping out of bounds still happens.  Not sure I know of the other 2 glitches.  Will look around the thread to see.  

14 minutes ago, VGifted said:

Personally I like the Arrow progression.

We decided to add the Madden passing as our NCAA game was fast, and we really don't want to slow it back down.  Also with all we have in mind for ratings based AI, this is something we can code to really make player levels feel different.   Losing a starter to injury will definitely change the way you have to play.  

We are using the Impact rating we added to offensive players as a filter.  Lower impact players have a chance of you the player not getting control right away.  So backup QBs have a chance to hold the ball longer than your starters.  So even with the somewhat easier passing configuration,  we have been able to code it so bad QBs have a harder time than starters.  

Same for RBs, better RBs will give you control faster than backup RBs.  Good oline and RB2 have chances of you also taking control of them on leads and screens.

Edited by DrunkenGamer

On 6/26/2023 at 4:18 PM, VGifted said:

So will there be one button to jump or dive catches ? Or will it be just random?

That is still random at the moment.  But I hacked in a randomizer that randomizes the jump animations used.   Working on finding some code that will also add the effect that will look at the players balance and if failed, the player will land and fall down instead of landing on their feet. 

Have a couple more additional animation ideas but those are on the back burner for now.

Edited by DrunkenGamer

Knocked 2 1/2 of the things off the list.

Remaining items:

Bug for the year end rewards - not working.

Bug for returning from injury - I kind of know what is happening, need to rewrite the code to load the color palettes.

Bug for in game player face flash graphics - not showing the right jersey for away players.

Plays - This is a big one, but when we get enough, we will release a beta for playtesting and bug finding.

Play graphics - depending on what we find, might be able to load tiles based on the players in the game

Rosters - easiest part left, just waiting for a clearer roster picture for teams.

Side stuff upgrades:

expand the alternate jerseys

Button over WR for the madden passing controls - 50% (Presnap done)

expand the faces for players and created players

image.thumb.png.0df40f9337cb9671567569c165c72ba8.png

Edited by DrunkenGamer

It looks really amazing!
How is the game play compared to TSB3 or TSB1?
I like much more the game play in TSB1 or even in TSB for the NES than in TSB3. It seems much more fluid to me.

In my opinion, the graphics in your mod look a lot better than in TSB3 🏈. Buttons over available receivers is a great addition too.

Cannot wait to try it! TSB4 with 32 teams 😮 and NCAA with 40 😲.

Edited by lorak

11 hours ago, lorak said:

It looks really amazing!
How is the game play compared to TSB3 or TSB1?
I like much more the game play in TSB1 or even in TSB for the NES than in TSB3. It seems much more fluid to me.

In my opinion, the graphics in your mod look a lot better than in TSB3 🏈.

Cannot wait to try it! TSB4 with 32 teams 😮 and NCAA with 40 😲.

Great question, we hope it plays different than TSB3, but the way the field is rendered,  the game will still feel more like TSB3 than TSB1.  We are adding features like controlling lead blockers, and the Madden Passing was added as we sped the game up.  The cycle passing was too slow to compete.   We also added additional animations like the QB dropkick and the player with the ball actually has a ball.  Really looking forward to feedback and playtesting.  I hope people will understand why it took so long to get to this point.

Edited by DrunkenGamer