The Quest For 32 - TSB4's Journey to Completion.

This thread is intended to be just a spot for the TSB fans to follow the process of the our TSB4 rom project. Here we will post each stage of converting the season from 30 teams / 6 divisions to 32 teams / 8 divisions. We will post coding we may need help on, updates on the status of certain codes, screen shots and videos. Stage Titles will be in "red" until completion. Once the Stage is complete it will be in "green". At some point the betas will be released in this thread. Something like this has not been tried on this site, and seeing as me and my brother (Hurricane55) are going in uncharted SNES waters, I thought this would give everyone a basic idea of what we do as we edit this game and maybe get some help on parts we might be stuck on. I will try not to jump around, but if we hit a dead spot, I will move to another section until I can figure out what ever issue we might have. This should be a great guide once we are done. The hacks we will need to do will pretty much cover the processes of hacking text, mapping sprite locations, and data adding(we will have to add 2 division to be selectable in menus). Also, I still have some cutscene hacking to do, and once you edit one cutscene, you'll have an outline of how to hack the remaining. I will be adding individual spreadsheets for backgrounds and cutscene sprites when I get to those edits. I'm going to try and keep this thread as nice and orderly as possible for easier navagation for future edits.

This is not a thread for questions about when the game will be done, when is the beta to be release, if I can give you a copy of the rom and so on.

This is strictly for people to either check in on the progress of the project or who can help with coding.

Once a beta is released, if you have questions about how we did something I will try to do a write up on it. I will include locations, screenshots and what tools were used.

I will be using this thread as a guide for showing others how to hack each process as I go. (The curtain has been pulled back!!)

As it gets further down the line, if you have an idea of what could be added or if you don't like the look of one of the screens, feel free to voice your opinions.

Also, when the beta's are released, you will post your comments here. (A new thread will be created and linked here when the first beta is released) Any bugs, glitches or freezes will be posted here also.

Thanks in advance and let's get the journey started:

At some point the final release and updates to the final release will be attached to this post.

post-7018-0-17934500-1427070732_thumb.pn

Edited by drunken_honkey

Table of Contents:

Hacks included in this thread:
Stage 1 - Visually changing the Division Standings Menus to reflect 4 teams only. (Page 1) - 100%
Stage 2 - Expanding the arrow mapping in the Main Standing Menu from 7 to 9. (Page 1) - 100%
Stage 3 - Expand the text pointers for each of the Divsion Standings Menus from 6 to 8. (Page 1) - 100%
Stage 4 - Relocating Code In the SRM File for Division Stats / Rosters (Page 1) 100%
Stage 5 - Relocating Codes In the SRM File for Team Control Menu (Page 1) 100%
Stage 6 - Create new Team Control Menus. Expanded to 32 screens (Page 1) 100%

Stage 7 - Expand the Season Schedule to 32 Teams / 16 Games Per Week. (Page 1) - 100%

Stage 8 - Expand the Season Team Stats to Read 16 Teams Per Division / 32 Teams. (Page 1) - 100%
Stage 9 - Expanding the End of Season Menus to 8 Divisions / Season Awards & All Pro to account fir 32 Teams. (Page 1) - 100%

Stage 10 - Expand the Playoffs to include 8 Divison Winners/4 Wildcard. (Page 1) - 100%
Stage 11 - Expand the FA coding and Turn off Trade Function. (Page 1) - 100%.

Stage 12 - Expand Team Tables for misc team styles (Page 1) - 100% Just need to post the locations.
Stage 12 - Misc Roster Coding. (Page 2) - Will continue to add as I find coding that does not really apply to any of these stages). On Going.

Tools Used For These Hacks:

editing tools.zip

This attachment contains the following tools I use to edit TSB on the SNES:

Cygnus Free Edition - Hex Veiwer / Editor

Geiger w/Debugger - SNES Emulator with DeBugger & DisAssembler

SNESPal - SNES Pallet Editor

TilEd2002 - Easy to use Graphics Veiwer / Editor

TileMolestor - Hardcore Graphics Veiwer / Editor

ZSNES - My personal favorite SNES Emulator

HxD - Hex Veiwer / Editor / Compare Files

no$sns - Not so good emulator but has VRAM Veiwer and Debugger.

Enjoy!!

Edited by drunken_honkey

This post will be the write up for the completed game. I will include final screen shots of menu's / game play screen shot's / Playbook Screen shots / Game mode descriptions / Hacks included to the rom / New Features / Player Data updates etc

Edited by drunken_honkey

Link to the original thread for 2013.  This link contains the early screens of new animations, new start menus and a video of the midfield logos showing some of the alternate unis:  http://tecmobowl.org/topic/56988-2013-mt-remix-project-mayhem-trailer/

Link to the spreadsheet for TSB3.  This link contains a spreadsheet for all the locations we found for TSB3.  The TSB3 Bible has color pallet locations, background mapping locations, misc graphic locations, text locations, team data locations, and team off/def tendencies.  http://tecmobowl.org/topic/53029-tecmo-super-bowl-iii-hackingresource-documentation/?p=346511

Link to the player faces editing.  This link contains the locations of how to edit what players have faces in the game.  http://tecmobowl.org/topic/1186-figured-out-how-to-edit-player-pics-in-tsb-3/page-2#entry99714

This post is for links we are on that have to do with this project that are not in this thread

Edited by drunken_honkey

List of To Dos:
Expand the Trade / Free Agent Beginning Season Menus to 32 Teams.

Correct the teams styles to reflect each (Will list all the locations for these.  Some used the same # system so I combine them to pull from one table instead of multiple.  This will make editing future editions easier.)

Season Update "Division Champions" Menus (Change Graphics).

F.A. Player names and ratings#

Superbowl Field - Hack it so its on it's own Field with Superbowl Mid field Logo

Edited by drunken_honkey

Standings Menus
Stage 1 (Visually Change the Each Division Standings Menu To 4 Teams per)

Editing Tools Used:( SNES9X1.43 With Geiger Debugger / Hex editor / ZSNES/ NOSSNS )

This Coding is complete - 08/08/2015 until further testing.

In this stage we are going to set up the filters to get 4 teams per division separated into 8 divisions. We are going to have to relocate some coding, change the filter #s. By default the game divides into 6 divisions with 5 teams per. This stage is mostly just visual effects. The later stages cover the actual data coding for each team.

xCoding to be edited for this conversion:
x1FD9 - The code for team abbrev. (BUF, MIA, etc)
xD485 - Coding to get the divisions to x amount. You have to change some pointers around and you can set the team length per division.

x32045 - The pointer that jumps to all the mini helmet coding. (For informational purposes for finding coding)
x3334F - The mapping of the mini helmets used in Rank / Standing menus.

Changing filters to get 4 teams per division / separated into 8 divisions:
Step 1 - at location xE4B6 put the following bytes 00 04 08 0C 10 14 18 1C 20 24
Step 2 - at location xD49C Change "B1 D4" to "B6 E4"
Step 3 - at loaction xD4AC Change "B2 D4" to "B7 E4"

xC1E1 - Change "20 8A9D" to "EA EAEA".  Updated 08/08/2015:  This takes the playoff view out of the automatic run through of menus that occurs when the season ends.  This does effect the playoff selection or playoff menu.  If you leave this end the season schedule text will be screwed up. 
xD661 - Sets the # of teams that show division ranking. Change from "05" to "04".

xD786 - Sets the ranking filter for teams per division standings. Change from "05" to "04".
xD7DD - Sets the W/L - Points stats filter for teams per division standings. Change from "05" to "04".

xDA90 - Sets the # for teams per division standings. This only does the team name. Change from "05" to "04".
x31C09 - This is the filter for the Rosters. Change the byte from "1E" to "20".

x31C74 - First part of the roster load to srm. Change the byte from "1E" to "20".
x31CA7 - This is the filter for misc Team stuff. Change the byte from "1E" to "20".
x333A8 - Table that determines which color pallet to use for each mini helmet in ranking/standings menus only. Will need to add 2 more codes to the end of this table. 10-1C are the # used to determine what color pallet each team uses out of the 4 available. The color pallets for the mini helmets begin at x198740 and end at x1987A0. The table for x333A8 only controls the mini helmet colors for the stats / ranking menus. The table at x1DEEBE is used for the mini helmets used in the US Map Team Select Menu. The best thing to do is relocate the code that points to x1DEEBE and point it to grab the table at x333A8. Simply goto x1DEA70 and put "A8 B3 86". So when you change the table at x333A8, the US Map and Stats / Ranking helmets will all change at the same time.

Updated: 06/10/2015
x3319C - Change from "00" to "80"

x332BD - Change from "0F" to "10"
x332E4 - Change from "0F" to "10"
x332F7 - Change from "1E 00" to "20 00"
x333A4 - Change from "3C" to "40"

Added 09/07/2015:

The following code will need to be pasted as shown in the file so that when playing in the multiple season mode, the teams will be reranked correctly at the end of the season.

End of Year rerank Code.zip

Every Team has it's own helmet now.
post-7018-0-42457600-1433992866_thumb.jp

Edited by drunken_honkey

Standings Menus
Stage 2 (Expand the Arrow Mapping in The Main Standings Menu to 9 Selections - 8 Divisions / Play Off Veiw)

Editing Tools Used:( SNES9X1.43 With Geiger Debugger / Hex editor / ZSNES )

This Coding is complete - 03/28/2015 until further testing.

There will be mulitple things needed to expand the coding from 7 to 9. The Main Standings Menu has only 7 selections. You'll need to expand this menu to 9. Right now I've already expanded the Main Standings Menu text to include all 8 division names plus veiw Playoff Tree. I will have to come back to how I did this a little later when I get further down the line. It's really not too difficult, but it also is not needed as it's just a visual effect. The text on the menu can be blank and the menu would still function without any glitches.

xC86A - This is the coding that filters each selection in the Main Standings Menu. C9 06 compares the count byte used with the mapping bytes (explained in the xC81C expansion coding section in this post) when the count byte reaches 06, the game makes that selection the Play Off Tree Menu. You'll have to expand some coding to have it so that you can make 08 jump to the playoff code.
x351F0 - This is the coding that reads RAM x7E1918. In RAM at x7E1918, the game writes a # that the top menus use to decide which arrow mapping to use. (Top menus = Main Menu / Season Menus / Exhibition Menus, etc) I used the RAM location to do a rom search for 1819 (x7E1918). In case you haven't noticed, most of the coding for these hacks have been around the same area in the ROM. So I do a search around this area of the ROM first. Sometimes you get lucky and it works. This time is one of those times it does work. Nothing needs to be done to x351F0, this was just a little look as to how I find coding sometimes. RAM is your friend!!
xC81C - Coding for Main Standings Menu's # to use at x170000
New coding to expand the arrow mapping to 9. (8 divisions and the play off tree menu).
The A906 in the xC81C coding sets # for the arrow mapping coding to be used for the Main Standings Menu.
The 06 is the number the code uses to determine where to grab data at x170000. The 06 will jump the code to x170030. (if the number is changed to 00 then it jumps to x170000, 01 would jump to x170007.) At x170030 there are 8 bytes of data 5B85 7388 0000 0000. The 0000 0000 won't need changing. The 5B85 (x17055B) and 7388 (x170873) are used as pointers
The 1st set (5B85) is the pointer that assigns the amount of count bytes to use with the mapping bytes.
The 2nd set (7388) is the pointer that assigns mapping bytes for where the menu arrow will appear on screen. The mapping is in sets of 2 bytes. 0301 4301 8301 etc) This set does not need to changed in any way. You'll just need to recode the 1st set (5B85).
So to turn the Main Ranking Menu to 9 choices you'll have to repoint the 1st pointer (5B85) to a new code within the 170000 bank.
The original coding 5B85 points to looks like so: 0107 01 02 03 04 05 06. You'll need to change the bytes at x170030 from 5B85 (x17055B) to E0FF (x177FE0) and put the following bytes at location x177FE0: 0109 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08.
Here's a breakdown of what the 1st pointer(5B85) points to.

Updated: 05/14/2015:
The bytes at location x17055B look like so 0107 00 01 02 03 04 05 06
01 = The number of bytes that get grabbed. It is a literal # meaning 01 = 01, 02 = 02, 03 = 03, etc.
07 = Total number of sets of bytes to grab.
00 01 02 03 04 05 06 = These are used with the second pointer from above (7388). They are counter bytes. The 00 will grab the first set of mapping bytes located at (x170873 - 7388). The 01 will grab the next and so on.
* if the first byte was 02, then 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F would be needed.

Once you've changed the 1st set's coding to 0109 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08, Goto xC86D and change that byte to 08. Now when you go into the Season Mode, then into the Standings Menu, you'll be able to scroll to 9 separate lines. When you click on the bottom selection, it'll send you to the Play Off Tree Menu.

Notice the arrow is now on the 9th selection. The text has been previously expanded and will get a write up later down the road. Not very difficult, Just have to rewrite the original text with no new coding needed.
post-7018-0-41514600-1433993408_thumb.jp

Edited by drunken_honkey

Standings Menus
Stage 3 (Expanding The Text Pointer For Each Of The Division Standings Menus From 6 To 8 )

This Coding is complete - 03/28/2015 until further testing.

Update 05/12/15 - I have updated some of the things I did to this stage to go along with Stage 6.  I changed the location of where the text will be placed.  I will take some time shortly to breakdown the couple of Stages I haven't really explained. 

This hack is for expanding the text that shows up in the Division Standings Menus from 6 to 8. (AFC East / AFC Central / AFC South / AFC West / NFC East / NFC Central / NFC South / NFC West). In this hack we get to change banks, create text mapping, and the art of "if it don't fit you just find an empty space in the rom and move it there"!!

xD737 - This is the coding that creates the number used for the pointers used at x17A000. (xD737 jumps to x3201E. This code uses the number generated at xD737 to use in the x172000.) x172000 is the location of pointers that point to the Division Menu text for each Divisions Standing Menu.
New coding to expand the text pointers for each of the division Standings Menus from 6 to 8.
x172000 - The pointers for text used in Sub Menus (Team Stats / Rankings / Player Data etc...)
x17203C - Is the first pointer of the 6 pointers for the AFC East / Central / West etc. The last pointer at x172046 is for the NFC West. This is where we have an issue. The x170000 block does not have a lot of free space to play with, and we have to expand the text for 2 more divisions. So the data will have to be moved to a new location in the ROM.
xD73F - This is a jumper to x3201E. X3201E is a program that uses a # generated from another code to use and the # of the pointer for text in a menu. If you do a search for "22 1EA0 86" you'll find a lot of locations that jump to this location. This is good. This means all you have to do is find the code it's jumping to and see if it can be copied pasted to a new location and edited to fit what we need. Attached is a screen of what what this code looks like in hex:

x3201E jumps to 4C 75A0 (x32075) - This is another jumper (It is a direct jumper that is a bridge of sorts. When you use 4C to jump, the code you jump to will not return to the 4C jumper but to the code that pointed to the 4C. (Side note: Really don't know why the coding here jumps to another jumper other than maybe when the game was being programmed the programmer didn't know the location of the code at that moment???)

Attached is the location that 4C 75A0 (x32075) jumps to:
post-7018-0-17422500-1427572894_thumb.jp

Copy and paste the coding: Start by highlighting the "C2" at x32075 and highlight to location x320D8 with "6B" being the last byte highlighted
Paste the coding at x34C90

Attached is the breakdown of how to hack it so the game will use a new pointer location instead of the x172000 pointer table. In the attachment I have already added the new text for the Division Menus. I'll do a better write up on this soon. The jpg didn't quite come out clear.

(update 06/06/2021) uploaded a clearer picture of the attachment for this.

Divisions.thumb.png.f9f4bda6099196bd318946ba2da42428.png

Now go back to xD73F and change the bytes to 90CC 86. (x34C90)

Here is a screen of the NFC South (The 7th Division)

Standing Screen text.jpg

Edited by drunken_honkey

• 2 weeks later...

Standings Menus

Stage 4 (Relocating Codes In the SRM File for Division Standing Menus)

This Coding is complete - 04/05/2015 until further testing, some more coding could be needed once the season stat tracking stage is started. Will need to see how the game handles the 31st and 32nd teams stats. May need to expand the reading of Team Stats, W/L record tracking ect...

Here we will be moving things around in the srm file. The srm file is the file the emulator creates instead of using the carts memory. Most of the team coding will need to be moved around sooner or later as it is spaced for 30 teams. In this section we will be moving the Division Ranking Code used for the schedule coding. These bytes determine what team is what in the schedule. The schedule is set up by not using the team #, but by using a ranking system. The schedule uses the formula that the NFL uses. So on the schedule the game is set up like so: First Ranked Team AFC East (00) vs. Third Ranked Team AFC East (02). The game then has a filter that will assign a team to the First Ranked #. Ie... if in this spot you rank the AFC East like N.E./ MIA / BUF / JETS then the coding would look like so: 02 01 00 03. (Buffalo is team "00", Miami is team "01", N.E. is team "02", and the JETS are team "03") So when looking at the schedule coding, N.E. would be facing BUF. This coding is sitting at default where the 31st and 32nd team will need to keep track of their week to week W/L's. Also in this space is the # of the week the season is on. Both will need to be moved to new locations in the srm file. There is plenty of open spaces so this will not be an issue. Also being moved is the Greats Rosters. By default the roster for these are the 31st and 32nd team. Also we will expand the bytes grabbed for the W/L's. Also we will need to figure out how to load the 31st and 32nd teams rosters.

Week # Code (The following locations need to be changed from "59 03" to "20 7F")

x91DB

xBD09

xBD32

x39BE8

x39C8C

x39D0A

xF40A2

xF4D31

xF4DA9

Division Ranking Code (The following locations need to be changed from "3B03" to "007F")

xA065 - Change xA06A from "1E" to "20" - Added 05/17/15

xC5A6 - Change xC5AE from "1E" to "20" - Added 05/17/15

xCC8A

xCC93

xE7A6B

xE7A9B

xE7B3C

xE7B6C

Part 2 of this coding is that we need to expand the Division Ranking Code to 32 teams.

Change the following locations to "80 C8 80"

xE7A97

xE7B68

Part 3 of this coding is we need to relocate the Division Ranking Code to a space that can hold 32 bytes.

In this coding I moved the table to x4880. So at location x4880 is where you would rank the teams based on last years records:

02 00 01 03 07 05 04 06 09 08 0A 0B 0C 0D 0F 0E 10 12 11 13 16 15 17 14 19 1B 18 1A 1F 1C 1E 1D.

Part 4 of this coding is we need to expand the reading of x707612 from 30 to 32. (The following codes need to be changed from "1E" to "20".)

xC790

xE7A70

xE7AA4

xE7B41

xE7B75

Moving the Greatest Teams / Free Agent Rosters (The following locations need to be changed from "2D 10" to "00 60"

xA0DA

xA0F0

xF656B

xF6622

x1E658A

x31D50 - Expands the coding to read 32 teams W/L per week. The game by default only reads "1C 02" bytes that calculate each teams W/L's each week of the season. This needs to be changed to "40 02"

Added 06/18/2015:

Free Agent player start number

xA0B4 - Change from "55" to "9F"

Edited by drunken_honkey

Team Control Menu
Stage 5 (Relocating Codes In the SRM File for Team Control Menu)

Until further testing this stage is complete. 04/06/2015

In this stage we will move the srm coding for MAN/SKP/COA/COM.  In the srm file the space only allows coding for 30 teams.  We will move this to a new location in the srm file and expand the table to 32 teams.  We also have to expand the coding so that the game will read and write for 32 teams.

In the following locations change the code from "00 00 70" to "30 7F 70"

xAEB1 (Also at xAEAF change the byte from "1D" to "1F")

xB084

xB08B

xB0B4

xBD20 (Also at xBD2A change the byte from "1E" to "20")

xBD89

xBD94

xBDAD

xBDB8

xC051

xC150

xC15A

xD396 (Also at xD392 change the byte from "1E" to "20")

xD3A5

x317D1

x317EF

x31D11 (Also at x31D16 change the byte from "1E" to "20")

x39022 (Also at x3902B change the byte from "1E" to "20")

x390BF

x3BEB1

xF40B3 (Also at xF40C1 / xF40DB / xF40F5 change the bytes from "1E" to "20")

xF4D1B (Also at xF4D26 change the byte from "1E" to "20")

xF4D98 (Also at xF4DA3 change the byte from "1E" to "20")

xF5877

xF59D6 (Also at xF59E4 / xF59F6 change the bytes from "1E" to "20")

Edited by drunken_honkey

Team Control Menu

Stage 6 (Creating An Additional Menu For a 4th Division)

Editing Tools Used:( SNES9X1.43 With Geiger Debugger / Hex editor / ZSNES / SNESPal )

Until further testing this stage is complete. 05/14/2015

There was a whole bunch of recoding for this stage. I will try to sit down and break it down best I can later on. I still have not updated the team information for each team, but once all the team and player ratings are done, then I will go back and complete this part. I may rearrange these texts later on, right now they will make a good place holder.

Update 05/15/15: Added Select/Start Jumps. Using the "L" button or "R" button will scroll team to team in order by each division. Now pressing Select or Start will jump to the next division. This makes navigating through the 32 screens way faster. I also added the text to the bottom of the screen as a reminder.

Update 05/16/15: Added X/Y button commands that will allow you to change the teams jerseys used in exhibition and season. Before Exhibition games start you can still change it there too. Exhibition will change the default jersey in season also.

I will be adding more detailed breakdown for the following:

1) - Hacking the button entry-

2) - Hacking the cursor mapping-

3) - Hacking the text -

4) - Hacking the Text Colors to be Team colors -

In this screen you will also be able to change the teams default jerseys that will be used in the season/exhibition games as well as what was in the original. The text for each team at this time will not be in-game editable, but later down the road I want this to change as your team changes. At some point I will look into adding Trade function to the Team Data screen that will let you trade before a certain week in the season. Also, I want the roster used in season to be usable in exhibition. This will truly be a "Team Control" Menu.

post-7018-0-72845100-1431831192_thumb.jp

Edited by drunken_honkey

• 4 weeks later...

Season Schedule Expansion
Stage 7 (Expanding the Schedule to 32 teams / 16 Games Per Week)

Until furture testing this stage is complete. 08/04/2015

In this stage we will expand the schedule to have 32 teams and 16 games available each week. By default the game only reads 30 teams and only allows 15 games max per week.

Locations found:
xC10F - Filter for the last week. Change from "0F" to "10". Without changing this, the last game of the season will not be played or accounted for.
xC5AE - A part of xC5D0. Change from "1E" to "20".
xC5D0 - Filters the amount of bytes to pull for each week. Change from "1E" to "20". Expanding this does not expand the amount of games per week, just how many bytes that the game skips for each week. If you change this to "20" then the game will grab game #1 for each week every 32 bytes. Since there can only be 15 games (30 bytes per week or "1E" bytes per week), the last 2 bytes will be skipped.
xCEFB / xCF6A - Filters the names that can be pulled for the schedule. Pulls names from xD1B2. Change from "1E 1E" to "20 20".

xCEF8 - Does the adding and subtracting of the Week # in the schedule menu.
xCF09 - This controls the start of the mapping of the Away Team Text.
xCF0E - This controls the start of the mapping of the Home Team Text.
xCF44 - Filter for how many games are displayed on the Schedule menu. This is just a visual effect. Change from "0F" to "10".
xCF8C / xCFB2 - Coding for the spacing in the mapping in texts. If you change it from "40 00" to "80 00" the teams will be gapped between each game.

xD11A - Filters the amount of Weeks you can scroll through.
xD1B2 - Pointers for team names used in the schedule. The First # is the extra spacing used with the team name. So using the Abbr. team name at 4 blocks, you can add blank tiles for spacing. The game originally used this to have each team use the same amount of blocks so the names would be centered on the schedule menus. So if the first number is 02 then the team name will account for 6 blocks. The last pointer in this area is used for bye weeks. So you will need to figure out the proper number here.
x16F000 - The schedule pointers. 4 sets of pointers. The bytes that follow the pointers are the schedule. See Stage 4 on what the #'s equal. The bytes there won't be the team #.
x3AE41 - This controls Team Data schedule and stat tracking for schedule. Change from "0F" to "10". This goes with xCF44, this lets the game read the 16th game.

post-7018-0-22858900-1433292392_thumb.jp

Edited by drunken_honkey

• 4 weeks later...

Team Stat Tracking Expansion
Stage 8 (Expanding the Season Stats to read 16 Teams Per Conference / 32 Teams)

Until further testing this stage is complete. 06/09/2015

In this stage we will have to expand the games coding to read all 32 teams. Right now it only accounts for 15 teams per conference and 30 teams. We will have to expand each Conference to 16 and 32 total teams read.

Note: I've simulated a couple of seasons and haven't noticed any problems with the stat tracking. Will wait for beta testing to verify that this is complete.

x34A0E - Filter for stat reading. Change from "0F" to "10"
x34A4D - Filter for stat reading. Change from "1E" to "20"
x34A58 - Filter for stat reading. Change from "0F" to "10"

Change the following locations from "2098" to "2099"
xDE15
xDE56
xDEF8
xE01D

Change the following locations from "20" to "21"
xDDA3
xDF24

Change the following locations from "0F" to "10"
xDDC7
xDDD0

Change the following location from "1E" to "20"
xDF0D

Edited by drunken_honkey

End Of Season Menus / Awards
Stage 9 (Expanding Cutscenes to Include all 8 Divisions/All Pro Team & Season Awards to 32 Teams)

Until further testing this stage is complete. 08/02/2015

After you finish the last game of the season the game runs through menus showing 6 divisions final standings, the Play off Tree, the All Pro Team, The Offensive, Defensive Players of the year & the League MVP.  This stage will expand all the awards and menus to reflect 8 Divisions and 32 teams (Plus Free Agents players).  Here I have edited the graphics to use the first line of the All Pro graphics banner for the mini helmets.  Basically, I just took the Seattle helmet and copied it to the first line of these graphics.  This meant that you will have to remap and draw new banners for the All Pro teams and MVP. 

xC2D6 - Change from "0F" to "10" - This expands the Conferences into 16 teams per.
xC352 - Change from "06" to "08" - This expands the Division Winners from 6 to 8.

xC3DC - Change from "06" to "08" - This expands the filter that compares the remaining non division teams against the Division Winners. This keeps the teams from getting duplicated.
xC719 - Change from "06" to "08" - This expands the end of season menus to show all 8 divisions menus.
x3C076 - Change from "1E" to "20" - Expands the End Of Year Awards for Leaders in stats (IE Leading Rusher, Scorer) to 32 Teams (Not All Pro) / and expands the Logos that are used in the Team Control Menu that appears on Player Data screens also to 32 Teams. (Got Lucky on this one, this location kills 2 birds with 1 stone.)
x1DE31B - Change from "1E" to "20".  Updated 08/01/2015

x1DE328 - Change from "1E" to "20".  Updated 08/01/2015

x1DE334 - Change from "1D" to "1F".  Updated 08/01/2015

x1DE9EE - Change from "1E" to "20" - Used to calculate the All Pro Team. This location is the filter used to map out the mini helmets.

x1DEAF1 / x1DEB80 - Sets the first tile to use when mapping the All Pro banners (OFF/DEF) / the MVP.  **Note I have made my own All Pro banners to fit into a smaller window as I had to use some of the tiles for the mini helmets.

x1DEB16 / x1DEB56 / x1DEB9D - Sets the width of the banners.

x1DEB1B / x1DEB5B / x1DEBA3 - Sets the length of the banners.

Color Pallets for the All Pro / MVP Banners - x19D900 & x19D920

Text Color Pallets All Pro / MVP Menus - x1DEE16. 

Updated 08/11/2015:  Attached an updated attachment.  The original attachment had the wrong def player position in the LB part.  Should have been 07 07 07 07 07 instead of 07 07 09 07 07.  This created the 3rd LB for that defense to be a safety.  So you might want to fix that :)

Attached is the locations of pointer tables that need to be expanded have all 32 teams available for the All Pro team.  These tables point to team styles (3-4, 4-3, 2 RB, 1back etc...)  The original locations were not big enough to expand so you'll need to move them to another spot in the rom.

ALL PRO SELECT.smc

The sim values for this rom have not been updated.  They still reflect our NCAA Rom.  So ignore the players and player names as they do not reflect any real meaning just yet. (F.A. players haven't been assigned names so they show up as blank.) 

post-7018-0-52908800-1438560219_thumb.jppost-7018-0-65600700-1438560201_thumb.jppost-7018-0-34685600-1438560234_thumb.jp

Edited by drunken_honkey

• 3 weeks later...

Playoff Menu
Stage 10 (Expanding the Playoffs to 8 Division Winners / 4 Wildcard Teams)

Until further testing this stage is complete. 06/28/2015

In this stage will have to code the game to account for 8 division winners. I have attached 2 files that can be opened/copied/pasted as listed in the files. I basically just ran the original layout of the playoffs through the original filters. I just had to run each of the Conferences through them 3 times to determine the seeding. Then I wrote the teams back into RAM and stored them back to have them be in the right seeding.

Seeding Files TSB3.zip

Text will get moved around to make less crowded, but the graphics remapping is complete.
post-7018-0-49619200-1435961975_thumb.jp

Edited by drunken_honkey

Season Start Trade/FA Menus
Stage 11 (Expand the FA Menu to include all 32 Teams/Turn off the Trade Menu)

Until further testing this stage is complete. 08/10/2015  **I will revisit this at some point if I can't get the Trade function to work in the Main Menu.

In this stage I will have to find the coding to have the start of the season trade menu to include 32 teams and create the FA lists.   I am actually turning off the trade function as I do not want it here.  I will at some point make it so that you can trade in the Main Menu using the coding that the Pro Bowl teams use.  This may not make some people happy, but unless you're Chip Kelly no one really trades in the NFL anymore.  With what I plan on doing, you'll be able to trade even with the F. A. slot.  I want you to be able to use your Season team in exhibition also.  So for this there are only a couple of codes that need to be adjusted so that the season mode is locked up. 

Change from "1D" to "1F"

xF481C - This control who the last team is going backwards when cycling thru the Trade menu in the season mode. This is now just for information purposed in case I get the itch to go back and figure out what the hell I was getting wrong with the original trade function in season mode.

xF4029 put the following bytes to turn off the trade function in Season mode - "2086C0 20FDCD 8030". 

These are used in the F.A. Menu Locations to Edit:

Updated 07-27-2020

xF6470 - Change From "1E" to "20" - Loads the team logo on player veiw. 

Moving the above code back to 1E allows the player faces to load in FA Mode.  Will have to research further.   

Updated 07-26-2020

xF641D - Verify, looks to be something like xF6470.

Updated 07-25-2020

x1F2A - Change From "20" to "22" - Expands Names to include FA

Updated 07-26-2020

xF640F change to "20"

xF6413 change to "22"  (Let's San Fran and SEA activate in FA mode, glitches though, SEA first semi-loads Trade which was turned off, it lets you continue, but Players don't load on the screen.)

Edited by drunken_honkey

Team Tables
Stage 12 (Expand tables to 32 for each table the game uses for team info)

In this stage we will expand all the team style tables.   These table are for offensive / defensive styles, weather chances. and stadium types.   

Edited by drunken_honkey

• 1 month later...

Misc Location changes
Stage 13 (Misc Roster Coding)

As I was looking through coding trying to find the All Pro Selection/MVP coding I found a lot of stuff that, well I'm not too sure what some of these do, but they are in the same areas as coding I found useful expansion coding for. Mainly these have something to do with rosters. These are located around coding that pulls the player #'s as used to pull sim data or names. So this may have to be visited later as to what they actually do. I'll separate each installment by date to keep up with new codes added as I go. Mainly it's just easier putting these locations here to help me figure out what might be going on at those locations when compared to previous locations found in those areas from the above stages.

Pulls Player #:
The game uses these numbers as jumpers to grab player # (By # I mean 0000 = First player - Starting QB Bills / 0001 = second player - Back Up QB Bills) By default the game uses the same pointers at each of these locations. I'm just creating an easier system to edit for future games. Now to edit this stuff you'll only have to edit one set of pointers.
At Location x1DDF80 put the following bytes:
5704 BC04 2105 8605 EB05 5006 B506 1A07
7F07 E407 4908 AE08 1309 7809 DD09 420A
A70A 0C0B 710B D60B 3B0C A00C 050D 6A0D
CF0D 340E 990E FE0E 630F C80F 2D10 9210
0060 0060 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000

Change the following locations to "80DFBB"
xF4C07
xF4C2B
xF4D3C
x108AC6
x108C08
x109612
x1096B2
x1DE273
x1DE2D6
x1DE3BA
x1DE9C9
x1E6532

Change where the FA start, change the following locations from "2D10" to "0060"
xF64C2
x1E666D

Change from "1E" to "20"
xF4739
xF47FD
xF480E
xF64BA
x108BF7
x1E6522
x1E6563
x1E6665

Change from "1D" to "1F"
xF47F5
xF474E
xF4A81

Change from "3C" to "40"
xF4D5E

xF640F - Change From "1E" to "20"

xF641D - Change From "1E" to "20"

Updated 07-26-2020

xF67D1 (research location, CMP "20" by default, need to see what this effects and if it needs to be changed to "21")

Edited by drunken_honkey

• Knobbe unlocked this topic
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...