• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Updated TSBTool.

==============Version 2.1 beta===================

Updated 30 Dec 2007

Features Added:

1. Fixed the 'Auto Update Player Sim Attributes' crash (and actually made the feature work).

============================================

2 major new features:

1. Double click a player (text) to bring up a nice new player editing gui.

2. Double click a team (text) to bring up a nice new team editing gui.

==============Version 2.0.2 beta===================

Features Added:

1. Playbook editing capability.

2. Context menu in text area.

3. Hide the command prompt when in GUI mode.

4. Offensive formation editing ability

5. Delete trailing commas in the text (useful when dealing with .csv files).

6. TSBM style GUI for editing players (text area context menu, view menu).

7. GUI for editing teams (text area context menu, view menu).

Updated 3 Mar 2007

Version 2.0.3 beta

Defects Fixed

1. Cannot assign Accuracy attribute to a QB through the new GUI.

Setting a QB results in a TSBTool error.

2. SS's Name and attributes get assigned to the Kicker when using the 'Next button' or the

Position Combobox.

3. crash with messed up schedule.

2.0 final will be released after cxrom is done with his modifications (so that TSBTool can support his 30-32 team ROM).

If you encounter any problems, please post them in this thread so they can be resolved.

Updated 1 time (2.0.0.2 -> 2.0.2)

I forgot to mention it before, but you can edit the 'JUICE' of Tecmo Super Bowl with this TSBTool also.

Example:

# The folling line will make the computer play like you are undefeated in week 17 every week.

JUICE(ALL,17)

# The following line will make the computer play you like you are Undefeated in week 17 (for week 1).

JUICE(1,17)

TSBTool_2.1Beta.zip

I forgot to mention it before, but you can edit the 'JUICE' of Tecmo Super Bowl with the latest (beta) TSBTool.

Example:

# The folling line will make the computer play like you are undefeated in week 17 every week.

JUICE(ALL,17)

# The following line will make the computer play you like you are Undefeated in week 17 (for week 1).

JUICE(1,17)

• 3 weeks later...

The addition of the playbook and offensive formations are a huge timesaver!

Couple of questions

1. Regardless of what the team name is, when you view the content of the roms the original team name is displayed. Thus, even if you change the first team to be the Miami Hurricanes, you still see TEAM=bills.

My question is: does this mean anything? In other words, could I just have anything randomly there and it won't matter or does it mean that I can put the teams on the sheet in random order and if I put TEAM = bills as the last team that it will know that since it's the bills it will go in the first slot?

2. Would it be possible to build a database of teams from roms? I ask this specifically because I build three roms for the 2006-07 roms and one problem I have is getting the data to be the same across all three. Thus, if I had a database of the teams and then simply was able to determine the order on which they were on the rom, that would be super.

Tecmo super bowl manager 1.3 had this i believe....

Also if you build your rom as a data file first then it makes it easy to export the teams.

Couple of questions

1. Regardless of what the team name is, when you view the content of the roms the original team name is displayed. Thus, even if you change the first team to be the Miami Hurricanes, you still see TEAM=bills.

My question is: does this mean anything? In other words, could I just have anything randomly there and it won't matter or does it mean that I can put the teams on the sheet in random order and if I put TEAM = bills as the last team that it will know that since it's the bills it will go in the first slot?

2. Would it be possible to build a database of teams from roms? I ask this specifically because I build three roms for the 2006-07 roms and one problem I have is getting the data to be the same across all three. Thus, if I had a database of the teams and then simply was able to determine the order on which they were on the rom, that would be super.

Found some problems -

*When QB1's FACE is edited through the pop up window, one of the attributes is deleted from the line (I think it's PA) and thus, TOOL gives warning on compilation that "QB1 attribute data could not be written"

*When editing thru the pop-up window and using the "next player" button, for some reason, the K(ickers) name is overwritten with SS name.

I've been using this for the last week and about the only thing it's lacking is ability to set team jersey colors and give team names, etc (like TSBM). I really like this TOOL, it's so fast!

Couple of questions

1. By using the line "TEAM=bills" you are setting the current team to the team in the 'bills' slot. The 'current team' will remain the bills until another 'TEAM = ' line is read.

If you wanted to only set 1 team (say the falcons) you would only need to specify the falcons. If you wanted to only set 1 player per team, you could do that like the following (order of team does not matter):

TEAM = falcons
QB1, ron Mexico, Face=0x96, #7, 25, 69, 56, 13, 63, 69, 63, 63 ,[11, 9, 0 ]
TEAM = bills
QB2, j.p. LOSMAN, Face=0x33, #7, 25, 69, 25, 13, 44, 38, 31, 44 ,[4, 3, 1 ]
TEAM = colts
QB1, peyton MANNING, Face=0x22, #18, 25, 69, 19, 13, 56, 81, 81, 75 ,[3, 12, 2 ]

2. If you wanted to build a team database from ROMs, it should be no problem. You can store the teams as plain text in the database of your choice.

Unlike TSBM 2000's data format you will even be able to store player and team simdata and offensive preference (I'm not sure if TSBM 2000 stores playbooks and Team formations, but TSBTool's format does now).

Found some problems -

*When QB1's FACE is edited through the pop up window, one of the attributes is deleted from the line (I think it's PA) and thus, TOOL gives warning on compilation that "QB1 attribute data could not be written"

*When editing thru the pop-up window and using the "next player" button, for some reason, the K(ickers) name is overwritten with SS name.

I've been using this for the last week and about the only thing it's lacking is ability to set team jersey colors and give team names, etc (like TSBM). I really like this TOOL, it's so fast!

I'll look into these problems and post an updated version in in a short while.

Thanks for letting me know about the bugs.

• 1 month later...

BAD_AL

I think there is a problem with the schedule error check for this new TOOL.

I was trying to copy/paste a schedule into TOOL and every time I tried to 'apply to rom' I would get a fatal error...so after 3 or 4 of these, I opened the "older" TOOL and "apply to rom" with it and I had a couple of errors (which the program politely pointed out) and I fixed them and then it compiled fine.

So, maybe the error check in the new TOOL is doing something funny when it comes across an error?

best regards

another low-level bug: I'm pretty sure that the team formations are mixed up:

1RB_3WR_1TE (in TOOL) = 1rb 4wr (in ROM),

- and visa versa, 1rb 4wr (in TOOL) = 1rb 3wr 1 te (in ROM).

BAD_AL, do you mind if I give a feature wish-list?

name teams (city and mascot and abbreviation)

team jersey color selection (with visual palette)

pro bowl teams input (like the regular teams)

It would be sweet to never have to leave this editor. And I believe the 3 wishes above would assure that, for me.

another low-level bug: I'm pretty sure that the team formations are mixed up:

1RB_3WR_1TE (in TOOL) = 1rb 4wr (in ROM),

- and visa versa, 1rb 4wr (in TOOL) = 1rb 3wr 1 te (in ROM).

BAD_AL, do you mind if I give a feature wish-list?

name teams (city and mascot and abbreviation)

team jersey color selection (with visual palette)

pro bowl teams input (like the regular teams)

It would be sweet to never have to leave this editor. And I believe the 3 wishes above would assure that, for me.

Ok, thanks for the info on the formations. I noticed another defect about formations too. If the Rom was not first opened with TSMB, the formations applied by TSBTool won't have any affect. I'm not yet sure why TSBM relocates the data.

I'll look into adding support for team names, probowlers and colors, I might need to add this for cxrom's new ROM anyway.

would it be possible to have it so that the data is dumped to a binary file rather than writing to rom? that would be really useful right now. damn im lazy...

I'd have to do a lot of work to support this. Could you just copy it (with a hex editor) from a ROM after the data has been applied?

• 3 weeks later...
I forgot to mention it before, but you can edit the 'JUICE' of Tecmo Super Bowl with the latest (beta) TSBTool.

Example:

JUICE(ALL,17)

JUICE(1,17)

How would you do this? I messed around with TSB about 4 months ago and made a 1962 rom. I forgot how to do everything. Where would you put JUICE(ALL,17)? Also could you put like JUICE(ALL,10). Because it seems that by week ten its hard, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...