TSB NCAA14

I'm happy that College Football finally embraced the playoff format even if it's only 4 teams.  I think 8 will be ideal and it seems to be coming soon with the money it would generate.  In the rom, if you want to re-live the 2014 season then you can just play through Week17 and be done.  If you prefer to have the end of season bracket like I do then go for it as I left it in.  In the schedule, I also tried to add some of the non-conference games that happened in the real season and some of the previous years' bowl games.

Schedule: 12 games each

Week 13 Rival Week & Army-Navy Game

Week 14 Conference Championships

Week 15 Bowl Games 

Week 16 College Football Playoff (Florida State vs Oregon / Ohio State vs Alabama) 

Week 17 College Football Championship (Ohio State vs Oregon)

Features:

Team Rankings (not perfect but close) on each of their helmets.  I stink at doing helmets so I came up with an idea and Proads26 made it a reality for me.  My teams were ranked very close to the USA Today Coaches Poll right after the National Championship.  I used bruddog's thread ranking the teams for MAN games as I make roms to play with my friends head to head.  I also used some info from Mort's Top20 Matchups thread to make rival games that would be good MAN vs MAN games.  My friend and I tried to match the NCAA14 team with a team either similarly ranked from TSB or that had similar roster profile.  No, it's not perfect but it's easier than rating every player and I don't have the patience or free time for that type of work.

I used a random name generator to do the rosters but then decided to name the QB, RB, WR, TE and a few on defense.  Rivalscom and Espncom Stats were used for depth charts and/or the names of the players that played the most.  Feel free to open the rom in Tool and fix your team.

Other features:

Even Teams - Army & Navy (DET QB, KC RB, CHI WR, TB OL, RAM DL, NE LB, IND DB, RAM K/P)

Worst Possible TSB Roster (Bodom) - Michigan Wolverines

Best vs Worst - Pro Bowl aka AllStars - EAS (SF OFF/PIT DEF) vs WES (NE OFF/IND DEF)

Offensive Preference Tweaked (Buck) - Heavy Rush 70% (ARM, NAV, GT, WIS) and Heavy Pass 70% (ARZ TCU PSU FSU)

Rank    NCAA Team (Original TSB)

1 OSU (SF)

2 ORE (PHI)

3 TCU (NYG)

4 ALA (BUF)

5 MSU (CHI)

6 FSU (HOU)

7 GT (KC)

8 BAY (HOU2)

9 GA (RAI)

10 UCL (TB)

11 MIZ (MIA)

12 MSS (DEN)

13 WIS (DET)

14 ASU (RAM)

15 CLM (WAS)

16 BSE (CLE)

17 ARZ (DAL)

18 KST (MIN)

19 OLE (SD)

20 AUB (CIN)

21 NEB (PHX)

22 ND (GB)

23 DUK (SEA)

24 MIN (NO)

25 LSU (PIT)

26 OKL (NYJ)

27 UF (ATL)

28 PSU (NE)

29 IOW (IND)

30 NAV (EVEN)

31 ARM (EVEN)

32 MIC (WORST)

Sorry to the fans of Louisville, Utah, U$C, Marshall, Stanford, Arkansas, Miami and Boston College as they were close but didn't make the cut.  

THANK YOU for all you've done to help me and the TSB community:  Knobbe, Maynard_G_Krebs, Jstout, Cxrom, BAD_AL, buck, rewhawl, drummer4god, bodom, bruddog, xplozv, Elway, TecmoTurd, davefmurray, Proads26, Brinky274, drunken_honkey, Hurricane55, Tecmo Psycho, philleyOphish, mort237, QBEagles, slim_jimmy7, Bad Moon Rison, BO FB Offtackle Left, MRTECMOSUPERBOWL, averagetsbplayer, TDO, meat, TecmoGeek, Tecmomonster and everyone that lives in Wisconsin. 

I added some of these Thank You's to the credits screens on the rom after the title game.

ZIPPED:

TSB NCAA14 Vanilla

TSB NCAA14 Juiced

TSB Team Values Spreadsheet (bruddog) converted with my NCAA14 Teams

Read Me - TSB NCAA14

TSB NCAA14.7z

TSB NCAA14

I'm happy that College Football finally embraced the playoff format even if it's only 4 teams.  I think 8 will be ideal and it seems to be coming soon with the money it would generate.  In the rom, if you want to re-live the 2014 season then you can just play through Week17 and be done.  If you prefer to have the end of season bracket like I do then go for it as I left it in.  In the schedule, I also tried to add some of the non-conference games that happened in the real season and some of the previous years' bowl games.

Schedule: 12 games each
Week 13 Rival Week & Army-Navy Game
Week 14 Conference Championships
Week 15 Bowl Games 
Week 16 College Football Playoff (Florida State vs Oregon / Ohio State vs Alabama) 
Week 17 College Football Championship (Ohio State vs Oregon)

Features:
Team Rankings (not perfect but close) on each of their helmets.  I stink at doing helmets so I came up with an idea and Proads26 made it a reality for me.  My teams were ranked very close to the USA Today Coaches Poll right after the National Championship.  I used bruddog's thread ranking the teams for MAN games as I make roms to play with my friends head to head.  I also used some info from Mort's Top20 Matchups thread to make rival games that would be good MAN vs MAN games.  My friend and I tried to match the NCAA14 team with a team either similarly ranked from TSB or that had similar roster profile.  No, it's not perfect but it's easier than rating every player and I don't have the patience or free time for that type of work.

I used a random name generator to do the rosters but then decided to name the QB, RB, WR, TE and a few on defense.  Rivalscom and Espncom Stats were used for depth charts and/or the names of the players that played the most.  Feel free to open the rom in Tool and fix your team.

Other features:
Even Teams - Army & Navy (DET QB, KC RB, CHI WR, TB OL, RAM DL, NE LB, IND DB, RAM K/P)
Worst Possible TSB Roster (Bodom) - Michigan Wolverines
Best vs Worst - Pro Bowl aka AllStars - EAS (SF OFF/PIT DEF) vs WES (NE OFF/IND DEF)
Offensive Preference Tweaked (Buck) - Heavy Rush 70% (ARM, NAV, GT, WIS) and Heavy Pass 70% (ARZ TCU PSU FSU)

Rank    NCAA Team (Original TSB)
1 OSU (SF)
2 ORE (PHI)
3 TCU (NYG)
4 ALA (BUF)
5 MSU (CHI)
6 FSU (HOU)
7 GT (KC)
8 BAY (HOU2)
9 GA (RAI)
10 UCL (TB)
11 MIZ (MIA)
12 MSS (DEN)
13 WIS (DET)
14 ASU (RAM)
15 CLM (WAS)
16 BSE (CLE)
17 ARZ (DAL)
18 KST (MIN)
19 OLE (SD)
20 AUB (CIN)
21 NEB (PHX)
22 ND (GB)
23 DUK (SEA)
24 MIN (NO)
25 LSU (PIT)
26 OKL (NYJ)
27 UF (ATL)
28 PSU (NE)
29 IOW (IND)
30 NAV (EVEN)
31 ARM (EVEN)
32 MIC (WORST)

Sorry to the fans of Louisville, Utah, U$C, Marshall, Stanford, Arkansas, Miami and Boston College as they were close but didn't make the cut.  

THANK YOU for all you've done to help me and the TSB community:  Knobbe, Maynard_G_Krebs, Jstout, Cxrom, BAD_AL, buck, rewhawl, drummer4god, bodom, bruddog, xplozv, Elway, TecmoTurd, davefmurray, Proads26, Brinky274, drunken_honkey, Hurricane55, Tecmo Psycho, philleyOphish, mort237, QBEagles, slim_jimmy7, Bad Moon Rison, BO FB Offtackle Left, MRTECMOSUPERBOWL, averagetsbplayer, TDO, meat, TecmoGeek, Tecmomonster and everyone that lives in Wisconsin. 

I added some of these Thank You's to the credits screens on the rom after the title game.

ZIPPED:
TSB NCAA14 Vanilla
TSB NCAA14 Juiced
TSB Team Values Spreadsheet (bruddog) converted with my NCAA14 Teams
Read Me - TSB NCAA14

You did a good job of ranking most teams. I'm working on my rom and we only have 7 teams different

LOuisville

Utah

Memphis

Georgia Southern

USC

Marshall

And Northern Illinois     all made the cut.

I will not be touching the sim data at all. I will also have Helmets done at some point.

If you want real player names. I have them done for 32 team on my rom. Right now only 6 teams have been completely rates along with 99% of the players that made 1st-3rd team all american. All my players will be rated individually though

Keirre, I seriously considered asking you if you wanted to combine our efforts as I knew you'd be up for it but I just didn't.  After I was pretty much done, I saw your recent thread too about paying people to make a NCAA rom which made me laugh because somewhere in the archives I think I made that same comment long ago.  Knobbe told me he was also interested in doing one for the site.  Maybe next year we do a real one with all the bells and whistles.  I don't know how to do the high end stuff and don't have the time to commit to that but as part of a team I could contribute.  I've done all I'm going to do with this rom so there will not be any updates.  I want to play your NCAA rom so post it!

Keirre, I seriously considered asking you if you wanted to combine our efforts as I knew you'd be up for it but I just didn't.  After I was pretty much done, I saw your recent thread too about paying people to make a NCAA rom which made me laugh because somewhere in the archives I think I made that same comment long ago.  Knobbe told me he was also interested in doing one for the site.  Maybe next year we do a real one with all the bells and whistles.  I don't know how to do the high end stuff and don't have the time to commit to that but as part of a team I could contribute.  I've done all I'm going to do with this rom so there will not be any updates.  I want to play your NCAA rom so post it!

I'd be more than happy to combine efforts for the next rom. Its funny that we both had the same idea about paying someone. When I get done I'll be sure to post it.

I have a 2007 NCAA Rom that Rueben4NES made (Think it was his only rom he made, I could be wrong) with graphic helmets done really well along w the NCAA logo and such. If you want it I will send to you. He did a great job on it and it would be a great base

I probably already have it (from monster collection at tecmosbcom) and will look and see but you can send it to me.  Thanks!  

I think for next year we should make a team of people to make a rom that is top quality and can be the official NCAA rom for this site.  davefmurray made a college rom and put it on a cart that I haven't played YET but guess would be top quality.  Maybe we should start a thread to see who is interested in joining the creation team and brainstorm what needs to be included.  Knobbe may have a thread started already I don't know.  Having people do their favorite team's roster and depth chart would be ideal and would help spread out the work.  You (LSU), Knobbe (NEB), buck (KST), me (UF), some ahole (FSUx), some butthead (ALA), another loser (GA), bodom (BC), etc  

I would like to do a pre-season rom instead of waiting for the end of year rom even though that's usually best in my opinion.  It seems to me that releasing a rom after football season doesn't get as much love as a pre-season rom as everyone has football fever before the season kicks off.

I think for next year we should make a team of people to make a rom that is top quality and can be the official NCAA rom for this site.  davefmurray made a college rom and put it on a cart that I haven't played YET but guess would be top quality.  Maybe we should start a thread to see who is interested in joining the creation team and brainstorm what needs to be included.  Knobbe may have a thread started already I don't know.  Having people do their favorite team's roster and depth chart would be ideal and would help spread out the work.  You (LSU), Knobbe (NEB), buck (KST), me (UF), some ahole (FSUx), some butthead (ALA), another loser (GA), bodom (BC), etc  

yeah, I could help with BIG 12 teams, since that's what I mostly try to watch.  but, don't ever give me a fucking west coast team.  I will give them many shafts.

It seems to me that releasing a rom after football season doesn't get as much love as a pre-season rom as everyone has football fever before the season kicks off.

or hate.

Edited by buck

yeah, I could help with BIG 12 teams, since that's what I mostly try to watch.  but, don't ever give me a fucking west coast team.  I will give them many shafts.

or hate.

I'm SEC biased so I'm cool with you giving the Pac12 many shafts and especially U$C.  So, we have BIG12 and SEC covered -- who is doing the other 3 conferences?  And, are you saying my NCAA14 rom deserves more hate?!  haha  

Edited by fatcheerleader

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I'm beyond a noob. I'm super noob. But is there a way to make this a zip(?) file like most of these other great roms? I'm not sure what 7z means, but I can't play this...I just want to feed Zeke. His tiny little Tecmo belly is growling!

Hello. I'm beyond a noob. I'm super noob. But is there a way to make this a zip(?) file like most of these other great roms? I'm not sure what 7z means, but I can't play this...I just want to feed Zeke. His tiny little Tecmo belly is growling!

It's a type of compression. Here it is in zip

TSBNCAA14.zip