2015 NCAA Tecmo

Kevvy1231

Hi all,

Looking for some answers to a few basic questions.  Hope you can help!

I have a couple of different 32-team ROM's...assuming it doesn't matter which one, I am trying to convert the ROM from NFL teams to college teams.  I have narrowed it down to the 32 teams I want and have grouped them in relevant groups of 4 according to geography.  I want to:

- Edit team names in all of the parts they are displayed.  (i.e. Atlanta Falcons will now be Florida State Seminoles)

- Edit player names and data to have it be relevant to the FSU players

- Edit team colors

- Edit football helmets (I have another ROM that has some of the helmets from 2006...maybe I can extract them?)

- Edit playbooks

I know there are a bunch of utilities that all claim to do this.  However, not all seem to work with the 32-team ROM.  I have used TSB Tool Supreme a little bit, but can't figure out how to change team names...editing stats and player names seems simple enough.

I'm not a total rube when it comes to editing things like this, so feel free to give me some technical answers.

The other kicker is that I'm running Vista 64-bit, which I assume will cause some compatibility issues, since it almost always seems to.  But I have a work laptop with Windows 7 on it, so maybe it will work on that?

Vista shouldn't matter.

- Edit team names in all of the parts they are displayed.  (i.e. Atlanta Falcons will now be Florida State Seminoles) 

- Edit player names and data to have it be relevant to the FSU playersTSB Tool Supreme

- Edit team colorsTSB Tool Supreme

- Edit football helmets (I have another ROM that has some of the helmets from 2006...maybe I can extract them?)

- Edit playbooksTSB Tool Supreme

I know there are a bunch of utilities that all claim to do this.  However, not all seem to work with the 32-team ROM.  I have used TSB Tool Supreme a little bit, but can't figure out how to change team names...editing stats and player names seems simple enough.

I'm not a total rube when it comes to editing things like this, so feel free to give me some technical answers.

The other kicker is that I'm running Vista 64-bit, which I assume will cause some compatibility issues, since it almost always seems to.  But I have a work laptop with Windows 7 on it, so maybe it will work on that?

One of the limitations of TSB Supreme is that it doesn't have a built-in team name editor. I think there is a spreadsheet that will generate the code for this but am unsure of where that is assuming it does exist. If someone can point that out to me, I'll make sure to make it easier to find in the future.

Editing the helmets will be the trickiest. You should be able to find a rom that mostly has what you're looking for and/or roms that contain 8-bit drawings of logos so you wouldn't have to completely redraw most/any from scratch.

The tricky part is putting everything together because some of the tiles are shared.

These two threads will lead you in the right direction

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/11650-tsb-programs-emulators-editors-utilities/

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/9725-tsb-hacks-documentation-directory-updated-011314/

Thanks for the response.  Sorry I appear to have posted this in the wrong spot.  In your opinion, would it be TONS easier to just go ahead and use the original 28-team ROM and have an easier go at editing things?  The 32-team one would be awesome, but maybe it's just not worth the extra effort to include 4 teams that don't really need to be in the thing anyway?

Thanks for the response.  Sorry I appear to have posted this in the wrong spot.  In your opinion, would it be TONS easier to just go ahead and use the original 28-team ROM and have an easier go at editing things?  The 32-team one would be awesome, but maybe it's just not worth the extra effort to include 4 teams that don't really need to be in the thing anyway?

If you want to only use editors and not do any hex editing, yes, 28 team ROM will be easier.