Oregon Trail

TeCmO_sUpEr_BoWl

• 2 weeks later...

Man. This game and Where in the World is Carmen San Diego bring me back to elementary school. Playing those games in class was awesome. I remember playing Oregon Trail and having no idea what dysentary was. Haha.

Those and Prince of Persia for me. You probably couldn't play those anymore in school because they promote violence and upset sensitive parents, lol.

DOSbox and some roms is how you would play them. 

I still can't figure out how a game that involved the ability to hunt animals to extinction and blatant stereotyping was allowed in classrooms. 

kid, there was a time, so long ago, back in the 1980's, when not yet everyone in the USA had become a total pussy like today.  

nice reading comprehension.  I said that not allowing the idea of hunting animals to extinction and not allowing the idea of blatantly stereotyping in the classroom is pussyness.

Edited by buck

DOSbox and some roms is how you would play them. 

I still can't figure out how a game that involved the ability to hunt animals to extinction and blatant stereotyping was allowed in classrooms. 

DOSbox? What's that? Some kind of emulator? Do both Oregon Trail and Carmen San Diego run on that?

DOSbox? What's that? Some kind of emulator? Do both Oregon Trail and Carmen San Diego run on that?

Yeah, it could be considered an emulator. If you want, I could just give you a link to a website where you could play it online. The version of Oregon that i played was the deluxe version.

Edited by PockyCandy

Where do you even find this game anymore?

Yeah, it could be considered an emulator. If you want, I could just give you a link to a website where you could play it online. The version of Oregon that i played was the deluxe version.

Knobbe thanks for the link. Just played this and 4 of my people died when crossing some river (they drowned), I remained and made it all the way to the Dallies, one landmark away from the finish and died of dysentery. What actually happens when you complete this cause I've never done it.

Also, anyone know where I can play Carmen San Diego?

Knobbe thanks for the link. Just played this and 4 of my people died when crossing some river (they drowned), I remained and made it all the way to the Dallies, one landmark away from the finish and died of dysentery. What actually happens when you complete this cause I've never done it.

Also, anyone know where I can play Carmen San Diego?

nothing really

you just get a score depending on various things(health, people, money, supplies,) and you get a 4X bonus i think if you started off as a farmer.