"Kevin Green" experiment, Rams vs Niners in Divisional Playoff

Green Majik

In my "Defense+Special Teams" Season with the LA Rams, the Rams defeated the NFC Central champ Bears in the Wildcard Playoffs 12-7. For their Divisional Playoff against their divisional foe 49ers, I thought I'd try a "Kevin Green" experiment.

I saved my sack league-leader (64) for the 4th quarter and instead manned ILB Frank Stams, second in the league to Greene with 30 sacks. The game on the LEFT is Stams' game, which got away from the Rams despite Montana getting hurt early in the 2nd half.

The game on the RIGHT is Greene's, an thriller that took the 9ers 3 overtime possessions to punch in the winning run. Rams kicker Lanford (4th in the regular season with 127 points) missed a 60-yd FG in OT that would have sent the underdog Rams to the NFC Championship. SS Newsome for the Rams was critical in intercepting Montana 3 times, and Warner for the Rams scored on a KR in both games. 

post-9085-0-79416800-1421254667_thumb.jp

All drone INTS -- I was Greene the entire game. Greene was rather juiced the second half of the season since I started off a paltry 2-5.

Blitzing with Greene on nearly every play caused some errant throws. Now as I recall, Rice got hurt returning a kick, so INTs were slightly more obtainable.

Edited by Green Majik

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed. I'm guessing they were already in FG range and I made a desperate lunge with Greene that failed, and Craig went the distance. Remember it's the 9ers in the playoffs, so they'll capitalize on anything you give them.