WR hot route video

bruddog

This is what I think I'm seeing:

You select a receiver via the mouse (or maybe during the play?) Not sure if you are highlighting to gain control or to show us before hand.

You hike the ball and the QB stands there. You are controlling the WR.

You pass the ball normally.

If you pass to the non-hot route WR does the control properly transfer to that player?

The mouse button was an accident. On-field and pre-snap you press select to activate a potential man controlled hot route which switches the #1 icon to RB1. Pressing select will cycle from RB1 to the TE and then loop back to RB1. Pressing up confirms the selection.

You gain control of the selected player at the end of the dropback and/or the end of the pattern script before the pattern loops.

A and B work as if you were the QB but the QB just stands still. You lose man control of the hot route WR once the ball reaches a certain point and the WR is auto moved towards the ball like normal.

The hack is just in a proto stage to see if it could be done..

I'm curious where the QB throws the ball and how the defenders react. Does the QB try to throw to where you move the receiver or does he throw where he normally would for that route? Do the defenders follow you when you move off the route before the ball is thrown? That's how I see this potentially being the most useful, so that when the receiver is taken over by the computer and runs back to the where the ball is going, the defenders could be cleared out of the area.