Centralia, WA - 1/2/15 - PNW Winter Tecmo: Mayhem 4!

manYo

Ted had to bow out with a backed up sewer pipe, so tomorrow's roster looks kinda like this...

• Manyo
  • Kamphuna
  • Burn One
  • Gripsmoke
  • TBK
  • prob TBK's buddy

Stu got back and said he's 50/50, but haven't heard yet from Vader.....

Edited by manYo

Man that was a fun one. Great to have tecmo brethren congregate for all day mayhem.

Here are some of my highlights.

Burn one was getting me with Steelers vs my Jets. Down 13 7 late after a very nice drive I had not much time to get the 7. From midfield I put my faith in the tecmo gods and they answered my prayers. Al toon jj from 49

This helped me avoid the dreaded instant loss in double Elim tourney

post-8428-0-73178500-1420306765_thumb.jp

Other highlights included a next game where Toon ass raped the Cards as Johnny Johnson had a rough start to the day with fumbles galore.

Then i drew Tailback King and we had the epicest battle. Johnny Johnson was having his way early but Dallas fought back and tied it with a short Red Gun Panic cycle strike to who else THE PLAYMAKER on 4th down with no time left. OT brought a coin toss win but i was forced to punt. Dallas D did the same however after blitzing phx back behind midfield. Emmitt got some daylight and Ken Willis split the uprigjts from about 35 yds out and with 4 secs left in OT. By far tje best game i was involved in. Man I don't have a screen shot. Maybe grip does.

I think we went from double to triple to single Elim. I was rolling rocks gettimg nice dice rolls for critical byes.

Final 3 was me manyo and grip. I earned a bye rolling 8 my favorite number.We decided since it was just us 3 and grip was running out of time we did a quick single elim between us 3 since we all had 1 loss and not enough time to finish triple elim. .

Grip Called Mia Det. Manyo i think called player 1 and grip took danny m.

post-8428-0-03116800-1420307299_thumb.jp

Next up was me and manyo for the shebang. He won toss and picked NE Sea. I took controller and he took Pats. Jeff Chadwick was my mvp

post-8428-0-41956800-1420307508_thumb.jp

After this sweet victory I ended up having to pay penance to the tecmo gods for running train all day on the chosen nectar of the gods Longboard Lager not to mention the herbal supplements all day and probably the kiss of death a pull from grips bottle of bourbon before he bounced.

I spent i cant fathom how long in the kitchen trying to battle my demons as an imminent change of venue approached. Vader showed up early and the gods handex down their judgements #PUKEANDRALLY!

post-8428-0-41420400-1420305803_thumb.jp

The late show tourney had a lesser buy in and an added little herbal bonus with the rules that we all picked our one team and rolled with them. Here's the rundown.

TBK Phx

Manyo Pit

Me Dallas

Burn1 Bears

Vader Jets

I think I lost to both TBK and Manyo crushed me as I continued to fight my haze. I lost out on my turn for a bye as Burn1 burnt out. As Manyo was running his Steel train on us to the tune of 4-0.

I got my wits Then rattled off 5 ws in a row with my LVP and Emmitt doing yeoman's work.

Highlight of late tourney was manyo and burn1 rolling 6s over and over for p1 contrller

That was Mayhem you guys... a savage journey into the heartland of the tecmo gods, so that we may do good and endless battle with our brothers, without cease, and let the good times rip freely..... just a pure "I love the smell of Al Toon in the morning" kinda thing, diGGit?  MAYHEM.

My favorite thing about Mayhem is that Zone you enter after playing for awhile, when you start getting that DIALED IN FEELING and it's like the plays develop in your Tecmo Mind before they even happen, all the chess pieces and probabilities and button taps chopped up and crystalized in the Tecmo Mind like Keanu choppin' it up in the Matrix, man... I love that feeling, one of the purest and sweetest highs I've ever known...... and I've known a lot!  So thank you to all my PNW brothers for driving south and north to throw down with me in C-Town... now don't get me wrong, wins and losses are important, but it's that High State of the Tecmo Mind that I'm chasing above all else when I engage in Mayhem..... and man I was there for several hours yesterday, and I am very grateful for that!

Having said all that, I'll try and make some sense of this Tecmo Ledger we were keeping to record scores and whatnot, and I'll post some of those stats later on.

hey guys, I'm definitely thinking about initiating some Mayhem on Saturday, February 14....... I'll send an e-mail out soon, but this Mayhem will include the perpetual playing of Apocalypse Now in the background to help prepare those who are going to Madison 3 weeks after that date.

Something might also pop up later this month, like the 17th or 24th, but I'll let you know if so (maybe another Tacoma trailer-trash edition?)... and if there is a tourney at Ground Kontrol the 18th or 25th, I intend to go, and if anyone north of me wants to catch a ride on either of those days, I got plenty of room.

At my man Jays house tonight still clutching my tecmo backpack. I dispatched a couple of cowboys bills beatdowns on his rusty ass bent on picking Run plays.

We do what any decent minded tecmo brethren does and put NES trollers into his 11 and 16 year old madden brats hands. The 11 year old dropped two new lines re tecmo ive never heard. One was a comment about the controller looking like a chocolate bar but the one that had me dying was "Punter Tackle!"

While Im typing this Jay is up 14 7 with ball after a dick punch onsides kick hes running free with Thurman and pulls the old pause at the 1 but he got caught and Jerry Robinson recovered # karma

Last night TBK beat Manyo with help from a p2 onsides recovery

• 1 month later...

Hey Kamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You failed to mention the 250 plus rushing yards and 3 TD's Johnny Johnson put on you and your Cowboys in the game I beat you...I don't know if you having the spins from consuming to much alcohal had anything to do with that, but lets just pretend it didn't ;)