Detroit, MI - 01/24/15 - Detroit Kumite III: A TSB Tournament

bob sacamano

This was my first tournament as well it was a great time. The guys are not only great players but very cool and welcoming. I want to get better so I can be more competitive next year and one day go to Madison. If anyone in SE Michigan wants to practice and play let me know I am always up for a good tecmo session. 

This was my first tournament as well it was a great time. The guys are not only great players but very cool and welcoming. I want to get better so I can be more competitive next year and one day go to Madison. If anyone in SE Michigan wants to practice and play let me know I am always up for a good tecmo session. 

We hope to head up to Hoops every couple months for a little Tecmo action, so stay tuned Nick!  Great to have yah man!

A big thanks for Bruddog throwing all of that data together.  Very cool stuff man.  Much appreciated!

Updated Kumite Overall Standings updated below!  Sooner or later, we'll have a website for everyone, but in the mean time, you can find things here at TBORG.  I've already got a ton of ideas brewing to make Kumite IV even better!

Thank you to everyone who was a part of it.  You have all been tremendous assets leading to the tournaments' success.  We can't wait until the next one!

KumiteIIIOVERALLStandings_zps88aabe4a.pn

EDIT:  Matt Diaz record is actually 12-5, rather than 11-5.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

The Kumite is not quite yet officially over due to the $100 Super Bowl Special that O'Dell and I decided to offer.  The deal was if anyone who played a NE/SEA match-up had their game score match the Super Bowl outcome exactly, then each competitor in that game would receive $50.  Looking over the results page, the game was only played four times, and these are the outcomes where two competitors would win some dough.

SEA 35 - NE 17

SEA 28 - NE 0

NE 28 - SEA 0

SEA 41 - NE 3

SEA 35 - NE 17 (Regulator)

SEA 28 - NE 0 (O'Toole would win $50 from O'Dell, and $50 from himself ;)

NE 28 - SEA 0 (Trevor R, aka MVG)

SEA 41 - NE 3 (Tecmo Ninja)

Good luck gentlemen!

Edited by Bob Sacamano

SEA 35 - NE 17 (Regulator)

SEA 28 - NE 0 (O'Toole would win $50 from O'Dell, and $50 from himself ;)

NE 28 - SEA 0 (Trevor R, aka MVG)

SEA 41 - NE 3 (Tecmo Ninja)

Good luck gentlemen!

I was under the impression the two participants would split the $100 (not just everything going to the winner).

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

As far as I know we're planning on it, though I haven't yet had any planning sessions with O'Dell.  In the past we've tried to do this the weekend between the AFC/NFC Championship and the Super Bowl.