Johnny Johnson Season

ok so I took a break for a couple of days only to come back and have JJ turn the ball over 3 times to the freaking redskins, with two of those fumbles being in the 2nd half.

game 14.  rypien could not miss, I was able to break a few runs, but passing game was ZERO, and redskins basically could not be stopped.  and Johnny fumbled and lost the ball 3 times.  so crap, there goes 16-0.

5667a9afcd6a4_game14statsJJlost3rush3fum

got a game in early this morning.  game 15.  PHX (14-1) responded well after that tough loss versus a totally shitty DEN playbook (although DEN kept spamming the run 3 sewell run on me).  once again, TUPA answers his call and makes 4 nice tosses to JJ, who could not ever seem to break free running the ball.  3 rush and 1 rec td.

oh, Johnny got injured in the 4th Quarter, so I punted it away 3 or 4 times.

56683673a69b3_game15statsJJ3rush1rectdin

one more regular season game to go.

On 12/9/2015 at 8:10 PM, buck said:

ok so I took a break for a couple of days only to come back and have JJ turn the ball over 3 times to the freaking redskins, with two of those fumbles being in the 2nd half.

game 14.  rypien could not miss, I was able to break a few runs, but passing game was ZERO, and redskins basically could not be stopped.  and Johnny fumbled and lost the ball 3 times.  so crap, there goes 16-0.

5667a9afcd6a4_game14statsJJlost3rush3fum

........Yeah, I was pretty sure you weren't gonna go 16 and 0.  That team is a sinking ship without it's captain (translation, don't get Johnny hurt if you wanna win games)

I finished the regular season yesterday, and here are the official stats along with the screenshot of Johnny's page.  I went 15-1.  

Only used Johnny to score (except for defensive safeties)/move ball, only used default PHX playbooks, if Johnny got hurt I punted (luckily he got hurt after I had leads), but I did reset game start until he came back for the next game (since that was the entire purpose of this challenge, only Johnny).  

I would place Johnny at WR or wherever I thought I could flourish with him at any given time in the game.

There were really only two runs (run 2 and run 4) that were usable and two passes (pass 2 and pass 3).  

For passing, I primarily used pass 3 where Johnny takes the fake and goes up the middle on a fly route.

I also placed higher HP dudes at WR for blocking purposes.

In my one and only loss, Johnny lost 3 fumbles, two of them in the 2nd half.

Tupa turned out to be the best QB for me, by far.  

Tupa 32/79, 22 TDs and 10 INT, 1965 yards.  Rosenbach 2/16, 1 TD 4 INT, 83 yards.

Team wise, 498 points for and 148 points against.

I am very happy I was able to eclipse the 2000 yard barrier for both rushing (2812) and receiving (2048).

5669a54791906_fullseasonJJ16games15and1p

and here are my statistics that I kept for each game...

5669a588353b0_JJregularseasonstatsummary

Edited by buck
added qb stats and team stats

yeah, I'm already on that ring thing - made it to the super bowl, but I'm waiting until late tonight to play it.  

1st playoff game - beat the crap out of CHI

nfc championship - and then had a sweet slugfest (Simms was on fire!) that I won kind of last second vs GIA, on a 4th down pass to Johnny...I had him up at WR1, and hit him right as he curled on pass 2, and he jumped up and got it and dodged 3 or 4 defenders for the go ahead score.  Johnny had his season high in receptions (6) in this playoff game vs GIA - I had him up at WR1 a lot in the 2nd half.

here's the screens from the 1st two playoff games.

round 1

5669ee5a09907_playoffgame1statsJJ3rush1r

round2

5669ee705680c_playoffgame2statsJJ2rush2r

5669f01e89c23_phxplayoffwalk.png.d929a17

YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHO MADE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL FOR AFC!  just wait and see.

well, the super bowl was vs SEA!  wtf!  so I rolled them 42-0, Johnny lit it up with pass 3 play action pass to the tune of 5 for 372 receiving yards and 5 receiving TDs.  TUPA to Johnson just couldn't miss....even one time Tupa threw it so bad, it went to the sideline (instead of middle fly).  I let go of the controller thinking for sure incomplete, but all of a sudden Johnny is standing there grappling with two defenders on top of him, so I start tapping, throw the dude off and juke the other and run 35 yards for a TD.  the other 4 passes were insanely high jumping catches for TDs.  He also rushed for a td and 114 yards.

yes, Johnny is the greatest all around player in the game of TSB.  he does not drop passes and he rarely misses overthrows.  he does have hidden stats, but this comes at a price - his hidden fumble-loss ability!  but the tradeoff is worth it.

here are playoff stats and super bowl pics.

566ac3273d2b0_superbowlstatsJJ1rush5rect

566ac33bad101_jjplayoffstatsSUPERBOWLCHA

566ac357eeb81_phxsbchampscreen.png.01333

Well...................there ya heard it from 'Buck The Great', Johnny Johnson "is" the best all around player in the game.....you don't have to agree, but it really doesn't matter what you think.  The proof is in the puttin'.  My 12 and a 1/2 game season, and his season he just completed (even with resets) show exactly how dangerous he is................If you 'truly' believe Johnny Johnson can, he WILL.  And that's the scariest hidden stat of all.

On 12/12/2015 at 0:03 PM, ~Tailback King~ said:

Well...................there ya heard it from 'Buck The Great', Johnny Johnson "is" the best all around player in the game.....you don't have to agree, but it really doesn't matter what you think.  The proof is in the puttin'.  My 12 and a 1/2 game season, and his season he just completed (even with resets) show exactly how dangerous he is................If you 'truly' believe Johnny Johnson can, he WILL.  And that's the scariest hidden stat of all.

There's a lot a voodoo in Tecmobowl....."all versions".........but if one song described one player and all the odds against him.......it's this one (There should be a 30 for 30 on this guy...you know you would watch it)........

Edited by ~Tailback King~

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...