Madison, WI - 03/07/15 - Tecmo XI: Apocalipps Now

sonofpatbeach

I was thinking about it the other day; I've been going to Madison Tecmo for a third of my life.

That crossed my mind too, Flo. Outside of the Madison Tecmo team (Chet, Josh, QB_Browns), there will be FOUR players in Madison this year marking their 10th year anniversaries: Flo, Joe J (Dirty Waters), Johnny Tecmo, and the Rikster. That's the list. Maybe this is the year one of you breaks through to the finals!

Dirty Waters actually holds the record for most TecmoMadison losses (20), but don't let that fool you...he's a tough out every year!

Edited by sonofpatbeach

Tecmo fever is at a all time high. Since my close group of friends don't play and I have retired from online play. Live tournament play is all I have left to live for. Aside from actually playing I look forward to groups to be posted, And we start scouting.

I know I'm not alone in my excitement for the greatest weekend of the year..

I can't tell you how many hours we've worked on stopping the R and S Sweep. That thing is a beast.

And if you haven't checked it out yet, The Green Bay Press Gazette covered us in an article - giving major love to Tecmo Madison in it since it gave birth to what we do. Hopefully this brings a wider awareness to TSB in general, but hopefully gets more people down to Madison in March to play or spectate: 

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/entertainment/2015/01/17/tecmo-super-bowl-video-game-plenty-legs/21890317/

Edited by Retro4Ever.com

Me and a couple of my buddies come from Milwaukee so we don't typically get a hotel but we're thinking of coming Friday night for some of the early festivities.

What's the best hotel for some back alley games?

Super 8 on Hayes is where it's at! Plenty of Tecmoers will more than likely be roaming the halls for pickup games all night. Plus, Mort is there.

Gl to everyone man. have a great time! red i never got my shirt from last year :(

lol I know you went to pre-game tecmo at the badger bowl last year. Ill look around to see if we have an extra 1. Same deal as last year....get to cleveland and you can roll with us to detroit or madison. Were driving to both events. Edited by red98sethuthut

The party is wherever I'm at. Super 8 on Hayes works too, although I would like a room not next to the damn lobby..manyo? Tell me it's not next to the lobby..

hey, next to the lobby just means nobody's sleeping behind one of those walls (sry family trying to sleep thru the other wall!)...... but yeah, i could do without that obstacle again, even if it is just a short stumble away from those patented Super 8 bEast plastic waffles in the morning, breakfast of bleary-eyed tecmo champions-to-be.

and they better still have those old school TVs in the rooms... not sure they realize how much business they'll lose each year in March if they ever decide to upgrade TVs to the current century.

Maybe next year I will put together a small bar tourney the night before with a $5-$10 entry and final 8 or whatever it is based on entries gets a ticket to the big tourney the next day. The goal would be to bring out more casual local players around the Madison area and give them a shot at winining it all without paying the full buyin.

Its fun to bring new people into he scene as well