sonofpatbeach

Madison, WI - 03/07/15 - Tecmo XI: Apocalipps Now

You forgot an even bigger holy shit in Group 23.

Jake I. vs Nick S.

This is gonna be the Frazier-Ali of Tecmo!

You beat me to the punch (PUN!). The Jake I vs Nick S matchup was going to get its own thread on the board and a breakdown on Fox Sports Live.

I listened in also.  Was to scared to call.... I figured another caller would get in first.. by out tapping me.... (story of my game)

Posted our podcast wrapping Tundra Bowl, and previewing Tecmo Madison. Warning - it's mostly geared to the R4E crew and their shot at taking home the trophy in Madison, but we name drop plenty of Madison participants in the show. Not nearly as in-depth as what the Tecmo Talk (great show) guys did this week, but worth a listen:

Episode 46: The March to Madison

Edited by Retro4Ever.com

Retro,

Great podcast so cool to listen to a podcast about tecmo from some guys I have never met! Also was happy to hear about another guy in my pool, I hope to meet you guys and u gained a new fan! Keep the handle the same lol

I wonder if some worry about this being the last Tecmo Madison due to the ominous "This is the end" on the poster could have been fixed with one simple word:

tecmo_poster.jpg

You didn't listen to TTR I take it?!?! We touched on this on our show last night with Josh.

So I'm not responding to this. You need to listen. ;)

Edited by vogtcd11

You didn't listen to TTR I take it?!?! We touched on this on our show last night with Josh.

So I'm not responding to this. You need to listen. ;)

I did listen. Josh said they didn't even realize it would become a thing, and it was on the original movie poster so they left it? Did I miss something?

Is there a contest for costume again this year

Yes, between Louis Lipps and the movie, there should be plenty of opportunities for creative costumes 

Catching up here:

Flo, your art is amazing. Especially the Vinny one. I am buying that if its on a shirt.

Bruddog, you are the Daryl Morey to my Charles Barkley. Just kidding. I am looking forward to meeting you though. You've been very helpful to me in my early tecmo years of learning how to create various hacks/edit hex.

Kamph and Reg, I'm sad I won't be able to meet up with you after all of our battles. Looking forward to meeting guys like Toolie, Odell, Sega (who started his tecmo career in the Noob League I ran when I first started!), Knobbe, tecmopsycho, and many more!

I'll be looking for some games in Super 8 East on Friday afternoon/evening/night, so msg me if you want to play a few!

My brother and I are officially booked at the Super 8 South (<2 miles from the Badger Bowl) in case there are any other Tecmo people staying there (instead of Super 8 East).

I almost feel like there needs to be another thread or shared Google spreadsheet or whatever to keep track of who's staying where.

I'll find out what the NSA has so far