Madison, WI - 03/07/15 - Tecmo XI: Apocalipps Now

sonofpatbeach

If you ever want to try something closer, there is a Lincoln, NE tourney in Januarys

There's North Dakota folks making the drive from Fargo. Don't know whether a carpool would be feasible given my limited understanding of Dakotan geography, and the fact that I've never been sober in either state.

If you ever want to try something closer, there is a Lincoln, NE tourney in Januarys

There's North Dakota folks making the drive from Fargo. Don't know whether a carpool would be feasible given sonofpatbeach's limited understanding of Dakotan geography, and the fact that he has never been sober in either state.

I'll add you to the mailing list

Yeah I can add you to mine for Waterloo as well. I assume you're in Sioux Falls because where else do people live in that god damn state?

Edited by Beef Juice

There's North Dakota folks making the drive from Fargo. Don't know whether a carpool would be feasible given my limited understanding of Dakotan geography, and the fact that I've never been sober in either state.

But did you have this state mandated marketing experience there:

NoDak_zps46c3aa28.jpg

You did the whole "arrive a guest, leave a legend" thing but did you have to make decisions while you were there? I can't recall anything through the haze of beer, shots, and Team MN failure. 

NoDak_zps46c3aa28.jpg

You did the whole "arrive a guest, leave a legend" thing but did you have to make decisions while you were there? I can't recall anything through the haze of beer, shots, and Team MN failure. 

The women I was rubbing elbows with in North Dakota were hotter than those chicks. 

One of our North Dakota brethren currently resides in Sioux Falls. We are going to meet him in Minneapolis (a great meeting point for SD and ND folks), then shotgun a few beers and hit the road. Could be an option for you if you really need a ride. We would need to rent a vehicle, so costs might be close to the same, but you would have the ride of a lifetime with 4 other Dakotans. 

NoDak_zps46c3aa28.jpg

You did the whole "arrive a guest, leave a legend" thing but did you have to make decisions while you were there? I can't recall anything through the haze of beer, shots, and Team MN failure. 

This image is exactly what I think of when discussing North Dakota. This image is the cornerstone of our state.

I can't wait until ND next year. I've already told the wife it's happening. My Masters classes crushed the dream this year so it can't be denied in 2015.

We are going to try our damnest this year, but we are thinking about gearing up for a 2016 Tecmo blowout. Something the Tecmo world has never seen. The Ryder Cup's next appearance is on the moon, according to the Tecmo trading cards. Because of that, we are going to be hosting a different, but similarly classed, event. Tecmo Madison has been the boon of Tecmo players world around and has influenced many a tournament. We hope to shake it up and make Tecmo Madison proud at the next ND event!

And for good measure:

#36 of 54 -- Plaza Toilets

post-8376-0-96434500-1422102477_thumb.jp

Edited by DrFrolf

With Tecmo XI conversation at a fever pitch, it seems only appropriate that Tecmo trading cards start to become sporadically published here. 

17 of 54 -- Vogt Universe

attachicon.gif17 - vogt.jpg

22 of 54 -- Flo

attachicon.gif22 - flo.jpg

The Vogt Universe card is SOLID GOLD.  I am in the market for a mint condition one if there is one on EBay.  Has anyone tried to get a PSA grading on these cards to really drive demand?

The Vogt Universe card is SOLID GOLD.  I am in the market for a mint condition one if there is one on EBay.  Has anyone tried to get a PSA grading on these cards to really drive demand?

Just in time for another card reveal. I give to you a high profile Madison attendee (and Ryder Cup drop out):

#12 of 54 -- DotDon

post-8376-0-27139600-1422284467_thumb.jp