Madison, WI - 03/07/15 - Tecmo XI: Apocalipps Now

sonofpatbeach

Catching up here:

Flo, your art is amazing. Especially the Vinny one. I am buying that if its on a shirt.

Bruddog, you are the Daryl Morey to my Charles Barkley. Just kidding. I am looking forward to meeting you though. You've been very helpful to me in my early tecmo years of learning how to create various hacks/edit hex.

Kamph and Reg, I'm sad I won't be able to meet up with you after all of our battles. Looking forward to meeting guys like Toolie, Odell, Sega (who started his tecmo career in the Noob League I ran when I first started!), Knobbe, tecmopsycho, and many more!

I'll be looking for some games in Super 8 East on Friday afternoon/evening/night, so msg me if you want to play a few!

Uh, didn't you lose your ability to use that name? I believe there was a WTFC game a while back between you and Tecmo_bo for the rights to the TecmoBo handle.

Ok... so I have 55 ps2 games I bought from one of my customers on the premise that they were og ps games (to play on my ps3) but didn't have the heart to call her when my delivery guy showed up with the box from her house to return them... If interested I can bring them to Madison with me. Email me at chessninja1@yahoo for list and pics. Sorry to be soliciting on here btw

What was i doing here??? What was the meaning of this journey??? Was I roaming around in some sort of childhood "tecmo" frenzy"??? Who are these people who lick cartridges, who despise "ickey woods" commercials,  who rely on "old tapey" and worship vague nfl'ers like "IrV Pankey" and "Bill Jones" ?? These faces that like saying "Ughuhghgh!" and shaking violently and Root Only For "Up + A"??? Seems to be many at 9am on saturday in some glorious "gladiator like" bowling alley Tapping "A" and press Back N "B". You see They're all chasing the "american tecmo dream"...we all thought at one point ‘I wonder how I would stack up to the rest of the country in a Tecmo tournament?’ Well if you come to Madison you will have that question answered.

From when to when is pre-registration/game-playing friday night at the venue?

Also didn't see a mention in the rules so just to confirm - LB1 is okay on FGs and XPs? And Onsides are always allowed?

Edited by tecmobo

Wrote this Tecmo song to the tune of Radioactive last year, actually finished it up at the Super 8 after Tecmo X.  Got a little liquid courage in us last weekend while practicing for Tecmo XI and recruited fellow tecmoer and bandmate Jordan W. (Woodshed) to sing along. The Apocalipps part was coincidence and originally "This is it, Bub to Louis Lipps". Recorded on an iPhone, while heavily intoxicated on the High Life, by amateurs...enjoy

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJetC04sUzU&feature=youtu.be

Edited by JimSocks13

Wrote this Tecmo song to the tune of Radioactive last year, actually finished it up at the Super 8 after Tecmo X. Got a little liquid courage in us last weekend while practicing for Tecmo XI and recruited fellow tecmoer and bandmate Jordan W. (Woodshed) to sing along. The Apocalipps part was coincidence and originally "This is it, Bub to Louis Lipps". Recorded on an iPhone, while heavily intoxicated on the High Life, by amateurs...enjoy

From when to when is pre-registration/game-playing friday night at the venue?

Also didn't see a mention in the rules so just to confirm - LB1 is okay on FGs and XPs? And Onsides are always allowed?

Pre-reg runs from 6-10pm.

All of that is allowed.

Change it to TecmoBeaux

Tecmohobo also available.

I plan to watch the stream and may miss some parts of it saturday, but I don't want to miss its end.  How late does this tourney run usually? 

Usually 9, 9:30pm CST.

Edited by sonofpatbeach

Due to the rash of cancellations we've had, we're going to scrap the "play in" tournament on Friday night. Everyone who registers up to 256 (we're about to dip to ~252) is guaranteed a spot, and we imagine any alternates will find themselves in the field as well, given the typical number of tournament day no-shows.

If you or a friend have been waiting to sign up because of the play-in wrinkle, now is your chance to sign up!

4765 Hayes Rd, Madison, WI 53704

(608) 249-5300

This.   See here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pSeABTCrp-jvtC02qICzVW-kh1XvF7vt6l2HzctGCTI/edit#gid=0

Wrote this Tecmo song to the tune of Radioactive last year, actually finished it up at the Super 8 after Tecmo X.  Got a little liquid courage in us last weekend while practicing for Tecmo XI and recruited fellow tecmoer and bandmate Jordan W. (Woodshed) to sing along. The Apocalipps part was coincidence and originally "This is it, Bub to Louis Lipps". Recorded on an iPhone, while heavily intoxicated on the High Life, by amateurs...enjoy

Fantastic. 

Edited by Nickabc

Great stuff from the Imagine Grogans