Madison, WI - 03/07/15 - Tecmo XI: Apocalipps Now

sonofpatbeach

Sorry if this has been covered -

How are match ups selected in group play? Is it predetermined who I will play for my first two (and likely only) games?

Yes, I believe the seeds (or player numbers 1-8) will be on a sheet, with predetermined round 1's.  Then I believe as the group play plays out, and guys lose, it develops the loser bracket on the right hand column.  The winner of each game will fill out their game info, and bring it up to the desk to report he score.

Sorry if this was already covered, but will you guys be streaming the tourney on twitch this year?  If so what twitch channel or url?

I'm getting into the tecmo scene and want a good idea what to expect when I start to attend tourneys.  I won't be at Tecmo Madison this year but maybe next time so good luck to you all

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/64017-tecmo-xi-stream-updates-test-should-be-live-247/

Is Regulator NOT participating in Tecmo XI ?  Maybe I missed that on the forum.

Don't see him/Kyle registered on the Tecmo Madison site.

I'm attending because I was told the BEST of the BEST was going to be there.

Now its like going to a golf major without Tiger Woods playing.

DISCLAIMER

(correlation between Regulator and Woods is an insult to Regulator..... just an analogy folks)

The best of the best (Flo) will be there, I promise you.

Sorry if this has been covered -

How are match ups selected in group play? Is it predetermined who I will play for my first two (and likely only) games?

We place the top 2 seeds in each group on opposite ends of the bracket. The other 6 guys are randomly placed into the other slots. You consequently will not know your first opponent until tournament day. 

I'll have a 4.5 hour drive to the tournament, debating on whether to get hotel in Madison Friday night (have one for Saturday already).

What activities are going on Friday night?  Can I help setup?  Hang out?  Practice games? 

Most of us will play 80% (or so) of our games for the entire weekend on Friday night. Best time to meet/greet/practice/talk shop.

I only live 90 minutes away and I'm coming up Friday for this very reason.

I'll have a 4.5 hour drive to the tournament, debating on whether to get hotel in Madison Friday night (have one for Saturday already).

What activities are going on Friday night?  Can I help setup?  Hang out?  Practice games?

me and mort are notorious for sleeping in the car the night b4 a tourney to save $. But I think those days are over...its seems like 1 of is gets to tired the next day. Ill be at super8. Ask anybody if they want to go halfs. Tecmomadison is long grueling tourney its a good idea to be rested and sober (thats a reminder 4 me lol)

Badger bowl is for those who prefer space, comfort, decent food and drink, and chairs. Super8 is for those that prefer a more intimate Tecmo experience and like a dark, smelly, sitting on the floor between 7 dudes doing "Tecmo Things" while laying on the beds drinking Beast Ice and rubbing each others... egos. So the choice is obviously, Super8.

Is the Friday night meet-up at the Badger Bowl, or is this a Super8 event?

a lot of tecmoers are staying at the super 8. Bunch pick up games there all night. Then friday night the tecmo madison crew is got the "pre-game" tecmo festivities going at the badger bowl. I think you check in, get ur tshirt, drop of any ur equipment and play some friendly scrimms vs whoever. Its really good time. I highly recommend it. Edited by red98sethuthut

Badger bowl is for those who prefer space, comfort, decent food and drink, and chairs. Super8 is for those that prefer a more intimate Tecmo experience and like a dark, smelly, sitting on the floor between 7 dudes doing "Tecmo Things" while laying on the beds drinking Beast Ice and rubbing each others... egos. So the choice is obviously, Super8.

#TecmoBoners

I have to do both this year. Hopefully #ESO brings the proper equipment this year so we can do a trial run Friday. I will drink no more than two spotted cows before heading back to the slums of Super8 east.

Also, why doesn't everyone stay at the Super8 downtown, you know, next to everything else..

Also, why doesn't everyone stay at the Super8 downtown, you know, next to everything else..

Agreed. It's like a 5 minute drive to Badger Bowl from the Super 8 South. Also, fun trivia about the Super 8 South- that's where a certain Mr. Hoigaard lost the old V-Card back in the day. So, ya know, there's that.

Agreed. It's like a 5 minute drive to Badger Bowl from the Super 8 South. Also, fun trivia about the Super 8 South- that's where a certain Mr. Hoigaard lost the old V-Card back in the day. So, ya know, there's that.

It was sort of the trend started a couple years ago. So I think we all just kept to it. There's a pretty decent price increase as well the more downtown you get. So us cheapsters stayed with Super 8 East -- along with about 20 others.

It was sort of the trend started a couple years ago. So I think we all just kept to it. There's a pretty decent price increase as well the more downtown you get. So us cheapsters stayed with Super 8 East -- along with about 20 others.

Actually, Mort stayed there last year and everyone flocked to him. Makes sense. He has power over the ladies because of celebrity and therefore has power over Tecmoers.

looks like Madison is really busy that weekend.  bro and I are going to save some dough and stay at the super 8 on hayes rd on the east side of town.  Anyone else who wants to save a few bucks get a room there and we can get the pre gaming started right.

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/58276-madison-wi-030814-tecmo-x-the-gannonball-run/?p=388129

closer to the airport and half the price.  I'm actually flying in fri night due to a schedule issue so that is a positive.  Plus it seems there will be plenty of rides too and from the hotel once people start arriving on friday.

Sleuth work courtesy of hospital boredom.