Lincoln, NE - 1/10/2015 - Tecmo Lincoln V

Knobbe

if a man had to choose which night to stay, Friday or Saturday, which would you recommend?

note - I always do good early at these events, and by the time I make it to elite 8 or final 4 I find that it's hard for me to give a shit, because I am just kind of worn out and probably am looking forward to the 4-hour drive home.  

so, I am thinking that if I plan on staying (and partying?) Saturday night, once I start getting tired/bored, I can commence to getting lubricated, and then hopefully play better in the final stages of the tournament.

then again...it's always a lot of fun setting up and scrimmaging the night before.  we usually get a few fun practice games in.

Edited by buck

2e17inq.jpg

Not only will the champion be leaving with the phone numbers of every girl in the bar but he will also be walking away with this trophy.

Now that's what I call a top loader! Good luck everyone! I hope to hear from the winner on Sunday night during Tecmo Talk Radio's revival segment!

Edited by vogtcd11

if a man had to choose which night to stay, Friday or Saturday, which would you recommend?

note - I always do good early at these events, and by the time I make it to elite 8 or final 4 I find that it's hard for me to give a shit, because I am just kind of worn out and probably am looking forward to the 4-hour drive home.  

so, I am thinking that if I plan on staying (and partying?) Saturday night, once I start getting tired/bored, I can commence to getting lubricated, and then hopefully play better in the final stages of the tournament.

then again...it's always a lot of fun setting up and scrimmaging the night before.  we usually get a few fun practice games in.

Sort of a toss up. I'll be trying to get it done by 5:30-6 instead of like 7 last year.

I personally expect to be burnt out Saturday night so I won't be doing much more than sticking around to have a couple of beers before going home.

A couple of the items for auction will be a growler and growler fill from local awesome brewery Zipline -> ziplinebrewing.com.  One could always buckle that baby in shotgun though to bring home.

Saw the Lincoln Journal Star had an article on the tournament, then cringed that they repeatedly called the game "Super Tecmo Bowl."   ALL THE RAGE!

Haha...classic.

Cory has actually put together something for the last 3 years for the tourney and also was giving me grief in the article about my timeliness. I'm definitely going to let him hear about it!

http://journalstar.com/entertainment/tech-gaming/the-top-huskers-in-super-tecmo-bowl/article_53a029e4-e87b-5ac9-aa73-628438c2242e.html

BTW are you going to attend? I don't know your actual name nor your current email so no clue if you've signed up and/or am coming.

whats your list look like so far Knobbe?

I will update it here but we're losing far away guys and gaining local guys.

We'll have less 'ringer' types here so if guys have aspirations to win this thing it's going to be a little easier than it has in the past.  

I will update it here but we're losing far away guys and gaining local guys.

We'll have less 'ringer' types here so if guys have aspirations to win this thing it's going to be a little easier than it has in the past.  

Sorry guys I won't be making the trip.  My ride partner has backed out. It would have been really tough for me to drive 16+hrs alone.

I'll definitely be there next year, but I'll hop on a plane which with make travel a lot easier

Sorry guys I won't be making the trip. My ride partner has backed out. It would have been really tough for me to drive 16+hrs alone.

I'll definitely be there next year, but I'll hop on a plane which with make travel a lot easier

So you won't be calling in.

So you won't be calling in.

That is correct, I'm not real happy about it. I'll definitely be listening for sure. I even tried to get one of my local buddies to take the road trip with me but had no takers.

Thought I would have had a nice run considering some of the elite players weren't attending.  I'm disappointed to say the least.

Sorry Knobbe, I was really looking forward to this event.

Edited by suicideking81

Currently at 30 with guys adding and subtracting.

1 Matt K Lincoln, Ne

2 Chris E Wichita, Kansas

3 Luke C Omaha, NE

4 John K  Norfolk, ne

5 Justin B Hebron, NE

6 nick H Cedar Rapids, IA

7 John H Omaha, NE

8 Ben C Lavista

9 Travis B Lincoln NE

10 Paul E Omaha

11 Chris W Lincoln, NE

12 Jon F Lincoln, NE

13 Brandon P North Platte

14 Kenny L Clarinda, IA

15 Kramer. K Green fields, IA

16 Jason R Lincoln, NE

17 Travis R. Lincoln

18 Ira M kansas city ks

19 Daniel S Auburn, NE

20 Nick L Syracuse, NE

21 Mike W Unadilla, NE

22 Chad L Otoe, NE

23 Randy W Lincoln, NE

24 Richie B Omaha , NE

25 Andy M Omaha, NE

26 Justin E Omaha, NE

27 Craig P Lincoln, Ne

28 Andrew H cedar rapids, ia

29 Cory M Lincoln, NE

30 Clint R Lincoln, NE

Haha...classic.

Cory has actually put together something for the last 3 years for the tourney and also was giving me grief in the article about my timeliness. I'm definitely going to let him hear about it!

http://journalstar.com/entertainment/tech-gaming/the-top-huskers-in-super-tecmo-bowl/article_53a029e4-e87b-5ac9-aa73-628438c2242e.html

BTW are you going to attend? I don't know your actual name nor your current email so no clue if you've signed up and/or am coming.

Probably will, unless I feel like total crap in the morning.  I've got a basketball game I'm broadcasting tonight and 3 hours driving round-trip.   I haven't signed up since I'll probably only be able to stay for 2-3 hours, Jordan Slocum's the name.  

Probably will, unless I feel like total crap in the morning.  I've got a basketball game I'm broadcasting tonight and 3 hours driving round-trip.   I haven't signed up since I'll probably only be able to stay for 2-3 hours, Jordan Slocum's the name.  

If you can be there between the hours of 11:45 am and 2 you can be my "we have a odd number of players and we need someone to play 3 games" guy.

Just give me a heads up when you get there...I'll be wearing a Rod Woodson Jersey and Husker Scarf