COMPLETE! 2015 MvG Challenge OFFENSIVE BACKUPS - COMET BOWL (SEASON 28 OF 28)

MvG Sports

After admitting to myself yesterday that I'm losing interest in my MvG challenges altogether, I have a game of the century today!

COMET Denver v. Dallas...Super Bowl 27

I'm down 7-14 to the Cowboys with 2:11 to go in the 4th.  Wymon Henderson gets a decent return for me and we've got to go 69 yards to get a score.  After a Tommy Maddox run, and a pass to RB Greg Lewis got me to about midfield (and some incompletions), I decided that it was time to take a chance.  Here comes a bomb from Maddox to Emile Harry...there isn't enough on it...Harry isn't going to jump or dive for it and there's a guy on him...shit...COMPLETE!  Emile Harry caught it with the guy on him and gets wrestled down at the 5 yard line with what comes out to be about 9 seconds to go in the game.  So time for one last play...gonna call B and down again...Maddox in the shotgun...takes the snap and rolls left...he's got a little room and takes off...the hole closes quickly and Maddox is in a grapple v. a Cowboy defender with another guy coming at the 2...shit, a heartbreaker...HE BREAKS FREE...TOUCHDOWN!...compose, compose...the XP bar does exactly what I want it to do starts almost to the lowest setting, bounces off the bottom, no pressure...right down the middle!  14-14...SUPER BOWL OVERTIME!!!1

Dallas wins the toss of course and drive down the field pretty quickly, setting up a Lin Elliott FG attempt from about 45 and on the right hash.  The snap...the hold...my guy Mike Croel, solidly blocked...Elliott kicks...not even close WIDE RIGHT!  Another life for the Broncos, but it results in a punt.  I force DAL to go 3 and out, get the ball back, and after a couple Maddox runs and a 20 or so yard completion to Robert Delpino, I'm inside the 10.  They called my play twice, luckily no yards lost.  On 3rd down I call B and down...if no one's open, I'm just taking Maddox up the middle and lining this up.  Maddox up the middle it is...to the 5.  4th and goal...David Treadwell trots out to the middle of the field to attempt a 22 yard field goal to win the Super Bowl.  The snap....good blocking...Treadwell.........................RIGHT DOWN MAIN STREET, IT'S GOOD!!!!!!!1  DENVER WINS THE SUPER BOWL, 17-14.

I was quite pumped as I hadn't had a game like that in quite a while, so a lot of fist pumps and yelling ensued.

So 17 seasons done lol.

After admitting to myself yesterday that I'm losing interest in my MvG challenges altogether, I have a game of the century today!

COMET Denver v. Dallas...Super Bowl 27

I'm down 7-14 to the Cowboys with 2:11 to go in the 4th.  Wymon Henderson gets a decent return for me and we've got to go 69 yards to get a score.  After a Tommy Maddox run, and a pass to RB Greg Lewis got me to about midfield (and some incompletions), I decided that it was time to take a chance.  Here comes a bomb from Maddox to Emile Harry...there isn't enough on it...Harry isn't going to jump or dive for it and there's a guy on him...shit...COMPLETE!  Emile Harry caught it with the guy on him and gets wrestled down at the 5 yard line with what comes out to be about 9 seconds to go in the game.  So time for one last play...gonna call B and down again...Maddox in the shotgun...takes the snap and rolls left...he's got a little room and takes off...the hole closes quickly and Maddox is in a grapple v. a Cowboy defender with another guy coming at the 2...shit, a heartbreaker...HE BREAKS FREE...TOUCHDOWN!...compose, compose...the XP bar does exactly what I want it to do starts almost to the lowest setting, bounces off the bottom, no pressure...right down the middle!  14-14...SUPER BOWL OVERTIME!!!1

Dallas wins the toss of course and drive down the field pretty quickly, setting up a Lin Elliott FG attempt from about 45 and on the right hash.  The snap...the hold...my guy Mike Croel, solidly blocked...Elliott kicks...not even close WIDE RIGHT!  Another life for the Broncos, but it results in a punt.  I force DAL to go 3 and out, get the ball back, and after a couple Maddox runs and a 20 or so yard completion to Robert Delpino, I'm inside the 10.  They called my play twice, luckily no yards lost.  On 3rd down I call B and down...if no one's open, I'm just taking Maddox up the middle and lining this up.  Maddox up the middle it is...to the 5.  4th and goal...David Treadwell trots out to the middle of the field to attempt a 22 yard field goal to win the Super Bowl.  The snap....good blocking...Treadwell.........................RIGHT DOWN MAIN STREET, IT'S GOOD!!!!!!!1  DENVER WINS THE SUPER BOWL, 17-14.

I was quite pumped as I hadn't had a game like that in quite a while, so a lot of fist pumps and yelling ensued.

So 17 seasons done lol.

WOW! I WISH you had the video on this..bad ass dude!!!

• 1 month later...

Main page updated!

Working on season 20 with New Orleans...currently 3-0...the Steve Walsh to Wesley Carroll show pretty much thus far lol.

The Denver season was discussed.  Season 18 started a bit dismally, losing 4 games in the regular season, however I closed out the playoffs with my Phoenix Cardinals with back to back shutouts in the NFC Title game (18-0 v. Minnesota) and Super Bowl (19-0 v. Miami).

In season 19 with Cincinnati, I eeked out a Super Bowl appearance after an overtime safety v. Miami in the AFC Title game to give us the win 16-14.  There was a lot of back and forth in the overtime frame...I feel like I punted twice or 3 times.  I had no answers for Michael Irvin, Jay Novacek, or Emmitt Smith, and got walloped in the Super Bowl, 7-30.  Prob gonna play some more of this now!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2 seasons to go in this 2015 MvG Challenge (Philadelphia and Kansas City remain).  Currently on a 38 game win streak.  Just finished a Buffalo campaign where I allowed less than 100 points in all 19 games combined...I don't think I've done that before so there's a feather in my cap...playing with offensive backups to boot.  Didn't allow more than 10 points in any one game.

Not sure if I'm going to do a TSB NES "Comet Bowl" challenge for 2016 or if I'll be moving onto a different game/franchise.  Nonetheless, enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

This challenge is complete...I lost to the Bills with the Chiefs in the final AFC Title game 14-21...wasn't overconfident I didn't think, but I was planning to FRAPS the last game (Super Bowl) and put it on YouTube as my last entry of 2015 lol...don't count your chickens before they hatch lol.  Thank you for following along.

I might be doing a COMET BOWL challenge with the original Tecmo Super Bowl for NES in 2016, however I have not nailed down my 2016 challenge.  Along with having all backups starting on offense, I would have the original backup TE return kicks and punts to "add" to the challenge.  Stay tuned!