The OG ROM attribute discussion thread

Martin

How about the Dome Patrol? Arguably the best linebacker corps of all-time, average in TSB. Since the Saints were ranked last in INTs that season lowering the INT rating for their secondary is a start... but is that enough? Their defense as a whole were average in 1990.

How about the Dome Patrol? Arguably the best linebacker corps of all-time, average in TSB. Since the Saints were ranked last in INTs that season lowering the INT rating for their secondary is a start... but is that enough? Their defense as a whole were average in 1990.

Why would you reduce their INT rating when that also acts as coverage? And to call the Saints D "average" in 1990 misses the mark. They were 8th in points allowed despite having a turnover prone offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot about the coverage thing, because I use the quickness attribute for that.

I prefer using Football Outsiders DVOA ratings, where they rank 21st in pass defense, and 11th overall. Average. That linebacker corps = their defense, more or less. The OG rom doesn't reflect that, and just increasing their attributes makes the Saints too good, sort of like the Vikings debate earlier in this thread...